Friday, March 29, 2024
08:53 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, July 03, 2006

zaheer baloch will become famous soon enough
Default Pakistan A Fail State ?

Is really pakistan a fail state ? on international charter of foreign level pakistan on 9th number (failed states) ,

many peoples have rejected this as they say its a "propaganda" against pakistan ! BUt as a matter of fact the dramatic changes at Fata&Balochistan areas , the fall of steel mill drama , KESC failure and many other challenges invite us to think that either we are going to ruins or flourishing .
Old Friday, July 07, 2006

khalid is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheer baloch
Is really pakistan a fail state ? on international charter of foreign level pakistan on 9th number (failed states) ,

many peoples have rejected this as they say its a "propaganda" against pakistan ! BUt as a matter of fact the dramatic changes at Fata&Balochistan areas , the fall of steel mill drama , KESC failure and many other challenges invite us to think that either we are going to ruins or flourishing .
My Dear:
you are right that presently pakistan is facing many challenges on all the fronts,but no one can say that pakistan is a failed state...Pakistan's problems are due to its unique geoghraphy,specially india and Afghanistan always added fuel to the fire,and above all we lack a sincere political leadership that can unite the coutry and create harmony among the four federating units,FATA and the federal govt.

As far as privitization is concerned,you see their was some thing wrong then,the supreme court of Pakistan protected the interest of the state/people...hope this decision will give strength to the apex courta nd will increase its credibility
Problems are many...but remember...every cloud has a silver lining....hope all problems wd be solved and pakistan wd emerge as a strong and progressive islamic state...

Regards....
Old Saturday, July 08, 2006

sadiabatool is on a distinguished road
Post who made Pakistan a fail state?

Hii there

Well Zaheer you are right. PAKISTAN IS A FAIL STATE. But who made Pakistan a fail state? The current scenerio is showing that Pakistan really is a fail state. Its a pity for our politicians that as much as they try to ameliorate the situation, they deteriorate it instead of improving.

Pakistan came into being at 14th August 1947. And now it is 2006. It has gone through 59 years of good and bad times but is still a developing state. The problem is that it is still trying to behave like a newly born baby who always try to get help from the other big bosses like US and others.

But I must say that the onus does not lie with the the Pakistan. Actually the world is also not giving us chance to show our expertise at our best. On one side India is not leting us to move in the forward direction because it always poke its nose into our affairs in a way or other. Kashmir problem is another bone of contention b/w India and Pakistan - a festering injury since long. Another problem is that of our bad impression on the whole world. People use to call us terrorists; nobody is intrested that why this label is sticked to us. US is also responsible for it because Pakistan always follow the instructions of US for the sake of its financial aid. Pakistan cannot say NO to US. There are many other problems.

Pakistan always tried its best to develop amiable relations with neighbours, islamic states, US and others. Pakistan try its best to help the needy. Pakistan cooperate with the Muslim world, too. Pakistan is trying its best to do what he can do for others but what others are giving in return? they are just calling us terrorists. They are compelling us to fight against our own people in tribal areas. World is promising us to facilitate in whatever we are doing but actually the world is not treating us the way they should.

So I must say that Pakistan was not a Fail state but its strategic position, its geographic location, its irritating neighbours and to a little extent our politicians, too made it a fail state on the map of world.

There is alot to write on this topic but i think this much is enough to outline the question.

Thankyou

Sadia Batool
Old Saturday, July 08, 2006

Nosheen is on a distinguished road
Default pakistan a fail stat

well i was very hopeful for pakistan but with the recent electricity failure i really feel that pakistan is ?if not then gonna be a failed state.
wht kind of progress we r achieving if we even can't provide the electricity to common ppl in this hot weather
this may seem a tiny problem but the rights of ppl should be the first in government's policy.
Old Sunday, July 09, 2006

zaheer baloch will become famous soon enough

Yes i agree with you that sice the inception of pakistan we had no sincere leaders , army and martial law time period is about 36 years and this is a black spot on the face of democratic pakistan.

On the other hand let leave the politicians which are un credible but the so-called hero of our land like Dr-Qadeer is now a black list person he was involved in the weapons and he is also not being allowed for an interview even so who should we beilve , either the political leaders like MMA and the Patriots of PPPP or the abroad sitting leaders.

Internal situation of Balochiostan is being worse day by day and we are going towards ruins ... and the slogans of Direct Foreign Investment seems to be a disaster in disguise for us.

lets hope better..
sara_khan

Default Who says a Failed State

I think everybdy is just speculatng abt the state of affairs afflictng Pakistan(my sweet homeland )these days...The ppl who r right now exuding stuff like this must see first tht when Musharraf took over v had only 800 million dollars as foreign currncy reserves,n now more than 13 billion dollars..before the decade of democracy(1988-1999)our people lvng below povrty line were 17% n aftr tht 34% in 1999.our extrnl debt was 18 billion dollars but in 1999 it rose to 37 billion dollars......
all due to decaDE OF DEMOCRTACY.
I salute President Musharraf for all he has done to uplift my motherland.n damn those all who r bent upon opposing him without any logic
I know most of the members post here hocus-pocus n just to pose as if they r extraordinarily intellignt,but i want to telll them all tht this attitude of theirs is but just mockery of their very motherland...........
better come up with facts n figures n breath-taking arguments,instead of rubbish...
maa salaam
Great War Admiral

War Admiral is on a distinguished road
Default Reply to ALL Reflection.....

Dear Friends!!1
Hope all of u r fine.

I am surprised over the comments made by fellows here. On the one hand they want to join civil services of Pakistan, on the other, they are depicting the bleak picture of Pakistan. How they have chosen to serve a country which is going to fail!!! Have they chosen for themselves a bleak career. This is paradox in their personalities, they need to correct first of all.

2ndly, I agree with views expressed by Miss. Sara Khan.

Thirdly, I reply them myself. First the people who believe Pakistan is failed state live in 1947. This is psychological warfare imposed on the developing world by the developed word. Such studies are funded by CIA.
Fourthly, There are many think tanks all around the world who analyse the hypotheses of their own and bring some judgment of their own. This quasi intellectual judgment is no way justification for the Pakistanis to lose their belief in their own destiny. Our destiny is with Pakistan and if others make us to believe that we r going to be “failed state”, why are we grieved if others call us so?!!

Fifthly, Pakistan is nuclear power, survived the existence against the hostile neighbours, important member of Muslim world, active player at multi lateral level, NNA, member of NAM, key alley on war on terror, et al ……

Sixthly, those who call Pakistan a failed state, I tell them they are ignorant of basic structure of state, governance and politics. They think by manoeuvring fake figures, they can declare any state failed state. My questions are very few for the innocuous minds:
Did civil war in USA in 1860s made is failed sate?
Did Perl Harbour or 9/11 made USA failed state?
Does US Supreme court decision against Bush administration makes it failed sate?
Does USA economy’s huge fiscal deficit makes it failed state?
Does the many scandals of tax evasion in USA like Enron, makes USA failed state?
Did sole superpower’s electricity break down in New York few years ago made it failed State? Same electricity break down occurred in France in 2005!! I need not to mention many other states.
Does the cow boy president of USA, as leader, make USA failed state?
Does the Supreme Court decision to facilitate Bush’s victory make USA failed state?
Does recurrent violation of basic Americans rights in USA after 9/11 make USA failed state?
Does recent corruption scandals in Bush administration followed by resignation of important figures of administration make USA failed state? What abt Nixon’s Water gate, did it made USA failed state, not to mention Vietnam War!!

There are thousand events I can mention here. But the big question, does few events make a state to be a failed state!!! NO NEVER. Healthy mind will NEVER accept such hypotheses.

In the end, I refer to Mr. Cohen’s statement in his recent book on Pakistan. Mr. Cohen asks simple question: If Pakistan fails where 150 million Muslims population would go as refugees with guns and bombs in their hands!!!! To, India, EU, USA, CAR, China!! World security is in our hands and we are worried of our own existence. What a paradox in our nation’s mind. This question carries the big implicit meaning to strategist. I shall not go in details of it, may be some other time, as I am short of time now…….But I assure you the Security Policy makers are not oblivious of all developments, have a trust in them, not in few frustrated souls who declare Pakistan “failed state”.
HAVE FAITH IN UR OWN DESTINIES RATHER THAN LOOKING AT OTHERS. THIS IS SELF RELIANCE AND SEL CONFIDENCE. LESSER SAID IS ENOUGH. WHEN U WRITE ON FORUM, WRITE REPSONIBLY AND WITH COOL MIND WITH ARGUMENTS.

Regards,
ASHFAQ AHMED

mahrukh is on a distinguished road
Wink

Although pakistan is not a failed state but the leaders of this state proved to be a failure. Neither politicians,nor generals nor even religous parties or mullahas are able to control it...

@miss sara:
you said poverty has decreased in pakistan...my God... ...come on my sis,come out of AC room and see the poor people who are living a hand to mouth life...you are saying dat in pre Musharf era,the foreign exchange reserves were $800 million..now more than $13 billion...these are all the projected figures of the govt,tell me one thng,whn u were havng $800 million reserves,thn chk the prices of petroleum products,see the purchasing power of ruppee,prices of general house hold iteams...now if ur $13 billion cant reduce the prices and poverty and if it can't give relief to a common man then...wat else one can say except that you continue saluting your enlightened president...

Engineer Ashfak bhai has rightly said dat it is a propaganda against pakistan....again we see a foreign hand...

Anways,thre is still a ray of hope,the youth of pakistan,the educated youth...i hop thy will come farward and will save this land of pure...!!

Last edited by mahrukh; Sunday, July 09, 2006 at 01:22 PM.
Great War Admiral

War Admiral is on a distinguished road

Dear Maharukh Khan Sahiba!

U need to study economics to undersatnd Miss sara's posting, and understand the geopolitical position of Pakistan to understand my posting.

Another suggesting i extend to u free of cost: Never be emotional, neither good for ur health nor for the future job u r going to do.

Never mind, have a positive and realistic outlook of situation. Present recommendations for the imporovement of economy and security rather than presenting emotional speech. Hope u will not take it persoanlly.

mahrukh is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

wel,engr sb... i just said dat if pakistan's foreign exchange reserves are more than $13 billion,thn why the govt has failed to give relief to the poor common man...i guess thre is nothing emotional in this,rather it is a very valid point,u shd hav answered this instead of advising me to study eco and geo pol position of pak,in federal budget,govt gave subsidy on pulses etc available onle at utility stores...my dear bro do u kno dat only in islamabad thr are more utility stores thn the entire balochistan...u can chk it...isn't a joke wid poor masses,is this the way to promote inter provincial harmony and eliminate the sense of deprivation..?? Out of 6030 UC's only 200 UC's hav Utility stores outlets...plz be realistic,ur eco is dependent on IMF/WB,and ur foreign policy...dnt u think pakistan follow US dictation...things r clear...now its up to u...hope next time u wd focus on issues rather than criticism...

Regards,