CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Revive Lahore Basant Festival (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/44103-revive-lahore-basant-festival.html)

JazibRoomi Sunday, January 30, 2011 01:12 PM

Revive Lahore Basant Festival

Lahore spring is gloomy, how i remember colors on sky and on faces of people and dresses.

I think that this mega festival of past should be revived. I do not believe that this festival is of Hindu origin. It is a Lahori festival and whenever ban on basant was lifted Lahoris proved who owned this festival.

However, killing of innocent people particularly bike riders should be addressed but there are many other ways to tackle this issue rather than to put a complete ban on kite flying.

Xeric Sunday, January 30, 2011 01:42 PM

[QUOTE=JazibRoomi;259542]Lahore spring is gloomy, how i remember colors on sky and on faces of people and dresses.

I think that this mega festival of past should be revived. I do not believe that this festival is of Hindu origin. It is a Lahori festival and whenever ban on basant was lifted Lahoris proved who owned this festival.

However, killing of innocent people particularly bike riders should be addressed but there are many other ways to tackle this issue rather than to put a complete ban on kite flying.[/QUOTE]

Apart from religious factor it's banning is justified to save innocent lives and wastage of money and resources. Hundreds of people died miserably due to metal strings. It is further dangerous economically because metal strings damage the electricity installations in the city. Electrocution and people falling off roof-tops is also common in this event.

Just for the sake of personal entertainment why to risk the lives of thousands of people and damage the power supply which adversely affects the economy. Aerial firing is also in vogue during this event which causes casualties by stray bullets. People get our of control in such events and violate all sorts of etiquette and humanity and violate all the bans imposed by government. So, better to be banned. Its draw back surpasses its benefits.

STRAIN2 Sunday, January 30, 2011 03:45 PM

Fursat!!!

Waqt-e-fursat hai kahan, kaam abhi baqi hai
noor-e-touheed ka atmaam abhi baqi hai

Shooting Star Sunday, January 30, 2011 04:34 PM

we should aviod these things...

humain boht agy jana hai...pehly hi hum apni susti ki waja se zawal ka shikar hain...

sal main itni holidays koi kom nahi kerti jitni hum kerty hain...we already have enough to enjoy...

humary haan to koi kutta bhi car ke nichy aa jaye to holiday ho jati hai....

phir basant aa gayi to wasy hi logon ki jaan pe ban jati hai...hum itny achy to hain nahi ke rules ko follow karin..to behtar hai ke is per pabandi he honi chahiye.

JazibRoomi Sunday, January 30, 2011 04:38 PM

@shootingstar

But basant to sunday ko aati thi.

Shooting Star Sunday, January 30, 2011 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=JazibRoomi;259609]@shootingstar

But basant to sunday ko aati thi.[/QUOTE]

may be sunday ko ati ho

but us se 1 week pehly logon ko basant fever ho jata hai....jo basant ke guzr jany ke 1 week ke baad jata hai....you know jesy eid aur doosry festivals per log 3 din ke badly 7 days chuti ker ke mazy se aty hain...bilkul usi tarha...aur yeh kisi aik aadmi ki baat nahi...dis has become our national character.

JazibRoomi Sunday, January 30, 2011 05:10 PM

Basically what i was looking for is a solution kay basant bhi chalti rahay or innocent logo ki jaan bhi na jaye ... any idea for this?

Maha Khan Sunday, January 30, 2011 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=JazibRoomi;259542]Lahore spring is gloomy, how i remember colors on sky and on faces of people and dresses.

However, killing of innocent people particularly bike riders should be addressed but there are many other ways to tackle this issue rather than to put a complete ban on kite flying.[/QUOTE]

Basant is not an Islamic or Hindu festival...we can say it as a traditional Festival...but after the lost of so many lives how can we celebrate this festivity?...previous government asked the masses to avoid using "chemical dour"during kite flying..but people were reluctant to listen any instruction...Resultantly,present govt decided to impose ban on Basant.....so,tell me how can we change the careless atitude of Pakistani People:)?...in many cases bike riders wore "High necks"but "dour"proved their Killer....now should people avoid going outside for their work during Basant gala and stay home to celebrate this event????:sad...I will favour a complete ban on Basant...if people are gloomy then they will not happy even after the celebration Of Basant...its just a waste of time and money...security problems in Lhr also exit...how can govt give security to the Foriengers who will come to lhr to enjoy this activity...
Regards

unsolved_Mystery Sunday, January 30, 2011 10:14 PM

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Can we address killing? Can we justify a single death in the context of Basant? :sad: No Basant, please :snor[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Usman Cheema Sunday, January 30, 2011 10:31 PM

Innocent lives are much more precious than the leisure activities of some people. So we don't want basant.

Regards,

09:12 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.