Friday, March 29, 2024
07:45 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, February 25, 2011

nightingale87 is on a distinguished road
Default Statement of Gaddafi about Pakistan

Aslam Alikum,

Guys i want to know your opinnion about the statement of Gaddafi regarding Pakistan and Afghanistan.

I'm sharing Hamid Mir's column as well

Gadhafi's son said his father would prevail.

"We are not Tunisia and Egypt," he said. "Moammar Gadhafi, our leader, is leading the battle in Tripoli, and we are with him.

"The armed forces are with him. Tens of thousands are heading here to be with him. We will fight until the last man, the last woman, the last bullet," he said in a rambling and sometimes confused speech of nearly 40 minutes.

Dressed in a dark business suit and tie, Seif al-Islam wagged his finger frequently as he delivered his warnings. He said that if protests continued, Libya would slide back to "colonial" rule. "You will get Americans and European fleets coming your way and they will occupy you.

He threatened to "eradicate the pockets of sedition" and said the army will play a main role in restoring order

Last edited by Viceroy; Friday, February 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nightingale87 For This Useful Post:
Andrew Dufresne (Friday, February 25, 2011)

Ahmed_2007_Cool will become famous soon enough

Gaddafi has lost touch with reality. He's claiming that the pro-democracy revolutionaries in his countries are actually Al-Qaeda agents or young boys drugged by terrorists.

The guy has an all-female security force surrounding him and his actions of late have gotten from weird to downright bizarre. He really is a mad man.
nightingale87 (Friday, February 25, 2011)
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: 2011Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Rixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really nice

i am not in favour of this article...i am not saying this that what Qadafi said is right but these media people have no credibility now for me at least...khr
I agree to the extent that what Qadafi said that if such things keep on going this will become Afghanistan and Pakistan...in what terms he meant this what i understand is this that we have lot of Americaz interference in our country Draun attacks their intelligence personnel roaming in our homeland..to this extent he is absolutely right...back to the article of hamid meer i must say if Mr. musharraf is so bad than why these people kept on taking his interview every now and than...as they forgot he is the man due to him they are able to launch their channels and making fun of the people in whatever way they can...MAY ALLAH HELPS US AND SAVES US FROM THE CONSPIRACIES OF ANTI-PAKISTAN PEOPLE....
The Following User Says Thank You to Rixwan For This Useful Post:
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. ~Philip K. Dick

Muammar Gaddafi has given right opinion about Pakistan.We should accept the reality.

Regards,
mjkhan (Friday, February 25, 2011), nightingale87 (Friday, February 25, 2011)

samra kanwal has a spectacular aura aboutsamra kanwal has a spectacular aura about

Qaddafi should take his words back...i agree with Hamid Meer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. ~Philip K. Dick

Muammar Gaddafi has given right opinion about Pakistan.We should accept the reality.

Regards,
Pakistani government has taken many wrong decissions in past and even now.But AlhumduliALLAH we are alot better than many other nations.

I secound your opinion here

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Friday, February 25, 2011 at 03:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nightingale87 For This Useful Post:
Invincible (Friday, February 25, 2011)

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

instead of emphacizing on the statement given by gaddafi we should have the courage to look at the reasons which led gaddafi to pass this statement.according to me the statement is justified.
reasons.
we have more bomb blasts in PAKISTAN than afghanistan
we have more people killed here in terrorist bombings than in afghanistan and the rest of the world.
we cannot play a cricket match on our own soil.
even the PAKISTANIZ are tranferring their weath from PAKISTAN.this the level of the trust of our own people on our country.
external intervention in our domestic issues.
economic dependence on international institutions and usa.

what we need to do is to look at our country from otherz point of view.when everyday the news of bombings and killings go out from PAKISTAN people get terrified.2 dayz back i was haing a chat with my 12 or 13 years old cousin in UK and she said she is afraid of coming to PAKISTAN and what she said about how she feels about PAKISTAN amazed me.i mean the situation is abnormal in PAISTAN.

i am not in favour of qaddafiz statement.but what he said holds weight when viewed from a foreignerz point of view.if not convinced have a chat about PAKISTAN with someone other than a PAKISTANI on some yahoo chat room.u ill get it.

i am optimistic about our country and having a knowledge about my countryz weaknesses and true assessment of its situation and its acknowledgement is also step towards being optimistic.when we dont acknowledge our shortcomings etc we cannot eradicate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkhan View Post
instead of emphacizing on the statement given by gaddafi we should have the courage to look at the reasons which led gaddafi to pass this statement.according to me the statement is justified.
reasons.
we have more bomb blasts in PAKISTAN than afghanistan
we have more people killed here in terrorist bombings than in afghanistan and the rest of the world.

Inspite of all the weaknesses you have mentioned.I'd also like to mention a few good points of our nation.

1)Our Courts are quite free now taking good decission which are beneficial for our nation.
2)Media is alsomt free from the influence of goverment.
3)Not once or twice,thrice our nation has thrown away dictators.

I'm not saying that we do not have weakeness,we surely have,but it dosent give the right to Gaddfi to make such a statement about Pakistan

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Friday, February 25, 2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: quote
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: 2011Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Rixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightingale87 View Post
Inspite of all the weaknesses you have mentioned.I'd also like to mention a few good points of our nation.

1)Our Courts are quite free now taking good decission which are beneficial for our nation.
Courts have always been free but they were not doing their work properly..and still they are not doing their work...the case which got some media exposure it seems like that our courts are working on it...but what common man got from this freedom...my grandfather was killed by robbers we have filed suit against it and the robbers were caught by my uncles...but that case still is in process and its now around two years and they are unable to decide what to do...? how can it be beneficial for some one...this is just one case which we have been experiencing and Allah knows better how many like cases are undecided yet in the courts....

Quote:
2)Media is alsomt free from the influence of goverment.
you think that this freedom is in favour of this nation than you are unable to see the big picture...this media freedom is the worst enemy of this nation and of the country...today media for its own sake brings defame to the country and we are happy on this that our Media is free....how the image of Pakistan is this much bad in the view of people lives outside Pakistan...its our media who cause this to us....

Quote:
3)Not once or twice,thrice our nation has thrown away dictators.
whom you called dictators...? I have experienced only one (so called)dictator that is Pervez Musharraf so i talked on the basis of only my experience...if you see those eras were the best eras in the history of Pakistan...none of the democratic party still able to give this country that much prosperity which this country got in the eras of dictators...today everyone is worried about something, some one for the food, some for shelters and some for jobs...if you ask me i must say this country and its people deserves and need only dictators...only than this country would be able to do something other than that there seems no hope...

Quote:
I'm not saying that we do not have weakeness,we surely have,but it dosent give the right to Gaddfi to make such a statement about Pakistan..
see we cannot stop someone from saying anything...we gave them an image of our country to use words like this through our media...other than this there is no source from which they come to know what happened in our country....
and i think we should take such words as challenge and try to prove that you were wrong about us...but nah how can we take challenges this is the one thing which we hate to listen or face...we just can make discussions on it nothing more....

@mjkhan
i agree with you...
The Following User Says Thank You to Rixwan For This Useful Post:
mjkhan (Saturday, February 26, 2011)
Old Saturday, February 26, 2011

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Quote:
whom you called dictators...? I have experienced only one (so called)dictator that is Pervez Musharraf so i talked on the basis of only my experience...if you see those eras were the best eras in the history of Pakistan...none of the democratic party still able to give this country that much prosperity which this country got in the eras of dictators...today everyone is worried about something, some one for the food, some for shelters and some for jobs...if you ask me i must say this country and its people deserves and need only dictators...only than this country would be able to do something other than that there seems no hope...
brother..most of the problems which PAK is facing today are the blessings of dictators...what we fail to analyze is the cost of short and temporary boom in economy in musharafs era..that progress was not on solid economic policy making..that was just a bubble.look at where we stand today..should we blame ppp govt for all this?no way...this is the outcome of musharafs era..

one thing we should remember is that dictators alwayz need cent percent support of west in order to sustain their rule...why west supports them?west would only support a dictator if the dictator serves their purpose and helps in carrying out their interest.thats it.

in my view zia was the worst of all the dictators
musharaf is at no.2

although i dont like ppp ut still worst democracy is better than the best dictatorship...

in musharafs era even the top officials in army did nt knew what is happening in pakistan..air bases were given to USA and may be they still are in their hold.and this was revealed by some top official of airforce or army in capital talk publicaly ..he was such a traitor.to extend his rule he was willing to put our security at grave danger...infact it would not be wrong to say that he sold our country.
one friend of mine whose father was a brigadier told me that ex army ofiicials in their gatherings curse musharaf for bringing disgrace to army.

@nightingale

yes there are a lot lot of positives in PAKISTAN..we are evolving...may ALLAH have mercy on us..in my view we have just to be patient for the next 4 to 5 years and the things would start changing after that...although ALLAH knows better....
and yes lets put it this way... if viewed from qaddafiz view statement is justified
if viewed from your view statement may not be justified..