Friday, March 29, 2024
12:10 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, March 11, 2011

Malik Asfand Yar is on a distinguished road

there is no need of old blood we should appriciate to young blood and no need to change the age relaxation
Old Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shamoon is on a distinguished road
Default Age should be relaxed!!!!!

Age should be relaxed to get competent and higher qualified people then just 14 years old out-dated and obsolete so called bachelor degree holders.
Old Sunday, March 13, 2011

sfsultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamoon View Post
@Shamoon
Don't be so pessimistic. Pakistan has a shining future Insha Allah. As old dude in "The day the earth stood still" said "It is only on the brink of destruction that people find the will to change. Only at the precipice do we evolve". It is just that we Pakistanis have a very high tolerance for all the ills plaguing our society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukt
Of course, Is there any doubt? But It will not be In the Interest of the country And will still be a biased and unfair decision. If you have to Increase the limit, up to 35, then I can't see why not remove the age limit. And If you favor competition so much then why not fail everyone below 60% marks overall and 50% in any subject (optional or compulsory) & also why not decrease the chances of attempt to 1 instead of 3 .. All these steps will Increase competition, wont they? Then, If you want more, why not make overall 75% pass and the rest fail .. how about that?

Bottom Line : Just Because Competition is increased does not mean it's a good decision, It can be a stupid one as well. MAKES SENSE NOW?
Competent people are not in the interest of our country? Flawless logic mate! Why wouldn't it make sense?!?!?! Everything else is just your attempt at sarcasm. Pakistan needs competent, experienced and highly educated individuals not "choochas" just out of a "darba" (Pun definitely intended!)

WAITING is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Age Relaxation Must Be Granted

If tomorrow or the the day after tomorrow, govt cuts the age limit further, from 28 to 26, than new standers would be established to determine the age of youth in Pakistan. And, if, the young slot is the only solution to all the problems of this country than it is better to send a summary for the deduction of the age limit between 18 to 26 and we all the age affected people, who even could not avail all their three chances will favor it for the positive progress of this country. i have only one question that what was the problem with the 30 years of age? cutting the age limit was just a political move by the Musharraf govt and has nothing to do with any effective change. And plz we are not newton's or Einstein's that a person of 25 or 26 years of age cant compete us. We are just demanding our legitimate right to avail all the three chances and not more than that. so plz instead of gathering at liberty round about against the increase of age limit, all the 20 must come there for the demand of their legitimate right. And plz dont make each and every issue of this country a political one.

Default Age relaxation is imperative!!!!!

Read the first part of my article:

Age relaxation for CSS 2012 exam Part 1 – by Shamoon Qureshi*|*Let Us Build Pakistan
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Competent people are not in the interest of our country? Flawless logic mate! Why wouldn't it make sense?!?!?! Everything else is just your attempt at sarcasm. Pakistan needs competent, experienced and highly educated individuals not "choochas" just out of a "darba" (Pun definitely intended!)
Pakistan needs competent people but pakistan don't need double standards. If you want to increase competition and want competent people then relaxing age to 35 years is not enough, it just shows that you want to serve your own purpose with this .. because the competition will also increase if you raise the passing % standard to 75% and it will also increase if you completely remove the age limit. Now, does this logic, makes sense, SIR?

WAITING is on a distinguished road
Default Logics for Sake of logics

if we few cant agree on one point regarding to the age issue than how can we accept the ethnically diversified nation to stand on one point. our agreed stand cant change the system but can give the impression that at least there is something we can stand on. or is it our nature to just argue on each and everything for the sake of just arguments?
Old Friday, March 18, 2011

safyank is on a distinguished road
Default Age should be relaxed upto 30

@mukt
It is my first post, I just want to say something about your theory of comparision of a Phd and a bachlor.
I have completed PhD in Mathematics in 2010 and my age is 27. I have appeared in CSS 2011 and hope to 'clear' it. I am working as an assistant professor @ 80000 per month. If an eligible person want to serve his country, why are you opposing it? I am already working in BPS 19 and want to serve my country by joinging civil services.
If someone have a powerful mind, he should'nt fear from competition. I am Phd but i also have to prepare the exams like all of others, because it doesnt mean a Phd is something extraordinary in every walk of life. Even i cann't solve mathematics papers 100%.
Just answer this question: Why there is age relaxation for in service Govt. servants? What is logic in this decision?

@shamoon
I think 35 is also too much for a person to complete 16 years of education and having enough experience of life. From my point of view 30 years is enough, it looks logical.

My Suggestion:

I think the lower age limit should also be raised to 25 instead of 21 because a 23 year old man cannot judge a decision in a good way.
When Yazid came to power, he was 35. He has made blunder due to poor experience in management. I dont remember exactly but there is hadith which says about evils of short age administration.

Please dont take personal, i just share my views.
Old Saturday, March 19, 2011
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 27

mani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by safyank View Post
@mukt
It is my first post, I just want to say something about your theory of comparision of a Phd and a bachlor.
I have completed PhD in Mathematics in 2010 and my age is 27. I have appeared in CSS 2011 and hope to 'clear' it. I am working as an assistant professor @ 80000 per month. If an eligible person want to serve his country, why are you opposing it?
1)You are already serving your country by working in BS-19

2)Why do you want a demotion from BS-19 to BS-17? Is it because there are more chances of corruption after CSS than in a Professor job?

3)You do not need to join Civil Service or do CSS to serve your country. You are already teaching and influencing the lives of thousands with your teaching. There is no greater service to country than this

4)If you still feel that there is something left, you can guide me and mukt and thousands of other CSS aspirants who are well within age limit and we will guide the country towards prosperity using your advise

5)If serving the country via CSS was your childhood dream then you shouldn't have done PHD and opted for CSS when you could. I have done BBA (Hons), then MBA and then worked for a bank for 2 years and still my age is 24. I can't logically think why the age limit should be increased then. Infact it should be reduced to 25 as my case clearly shows
Old Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lightbulb Self Reference Criterion!

I really appreciate both guys viewpoints, one is an academician who asserts influence by capitalizing his knowledge and other is a banker who asserts his influence by capitalizing money. Very good guys!...

Both guys posts are reflecting their 'self reference criterion' tendencies. One is 24 years old and proposing to reduce age limit to 25 years and presenting his case as an epitome. Other is advocating to stretch the age limit to the extent that he may be accommodated and may avail three chances if he fails to get through css 2011 or doesn't get his desired group i.e. PSP.

My dears neither everyone is as lucky as you nor blessed with so many opportunities to set his career direction at a tender age. There are number of the people who wanted to become something but became something else. Our country is a third world corrupt country and large number of population is unable to fulfill their basic needs. How come you guys think that they will be able to make plans like a self actualized man. Remember Abraham Maslow's theory regarding 'hierarchy of need'. Without satisfaction of basic needs, no one can jump to the next level of needs.

It is for sure that 8 to 10 years back most middle class people used to choose pre-engineering with the hope of becoming an engineer but having failed to realize their much coveted dream, they opt for other options and become something else that they never had dreamt of. Why is this so? Because most of the middle class people don't have councilling set up at home or in family or community to consult with and seek guidance. Rather they take inspiration only without knowing the path to 'how to become what'. This is the dilemma of our society.

May be you would know that the maximum age limit of getting through 14 years of bachelor's registration at university is 28 as approved by HEC and for 16 years of education it is 33 years. Take the worst case scenario, if one passes his/her 16 years of education at 33 years for any reason e.g one of my friend had to discontinue his education for 6 years due to his heart surgery then are such people not eligible? Think out of the box rather than getting choked to death in a cocoon.

@mani1: You mentioned in your second point that the professor is joining the civil services because of having ample opportunities for corruption? Is that what you think? It shows that you are interested to join the civil services to institutionalize corruption and become a rampant corruption machine in civil services? You should reset your intent of having such obnoxious thinking! For you 'civil service' is a misnomer it should have been 'corruption service'.

Tags
age relaxation