CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   facts behind lahore reolution and howit is a pre-pak constitution???? (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/47861-facts-behind-lahore-reolution-howit-pre-pak-constitution.html)

SADIA SHAFIQ Sunday, April 17, 2011 08:31 PM

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=5]dear members,
justify your point of view [/SIZE][/FONT].................

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=5][B]Q[U].5[/U][U] Can the Lahore Resolution be termed as the ‘Magna Carta’ of Pakistan? Take a position and support your argument by historical facts, if any.

[/U][/B] [/SIZE][/FONT]

this is question is not contemporary in approach

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua]I think most of you attempted this question.your precious opinion will be welcome.and it will help others how to attempt papers.

[SIZE=5]so plz share and comment.[/SIZE]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

SADIA SHAFIQ Tuesday, April 19, 2011 02:44 AM

i am little bit perplexed by any sense of historical facts.The only historical facts resounded in my mind the "two elections, congress raj and pakistan"

De~organised muslim league resulted in failure in election.Only league was able to get victory in UP

"This was the winding up of muslim league and its absorption In U.P.This would have great effect not only in In UP BUt all over India and even outside."(nehru)

is it congress Raj??

Magna cart is it in a sense ,Quaid after that resolution never agreed for an other option.So cripps,and cabinet mission failed.The Muslims got majority in India 2nd election.

candidguy Tuesday, April 19, 2011 03:16 AM

I'v got abook carrying the name"tareekhe muslim league".it contains alot of information about pakistan resolution(page360-381).you can download this book from scribd.i hope that will answer your question.

SADIA SHAFIQ Tuesday, April 19, 2011 06:52 AM

ahmm!
I donot need book.i want to know about that fact

candidguy Tuesday, April 19, 2011 04:28 PM

[B]Pakistan resolution:[/B]

[B]introduction:[/B]
The Lahore Resolution commonly known as the Pakistan Resolution was a formal political statement adopted by the Muslim League at the occasion of its three-day general session on 22–24 March 1940 that called for greater Muslim autonomy in British India. This has been largely interpreted as a demand for a separate Muslim state, Pakistan.The resolution was presented by A. K. Fazlul Huq and was authored by Muhammad Zafrulla Khan.[I][1][/I]

[B]text of the resolution[/B]
No constitutional plan would be workable or acceptable to the Muslims unless geographical contiguous units are demarcated into regions which should be so constituted with such territorial readjustments as may be necessary. That the areas in which the Muslims are numerically in majority as in the North-Western and Eastern zones of India should be grouped to constitute independent states in which the constituent units shall be autonomous and sovereign.

additionally it stated that" That adequate, effective and mandatory safeguards shall be specifically provided in the constitution for minorities in the units and in the regions for the protection of their religious, cultural, economic, political, administrative and other rights of the minorities.[I][2][/I]
[B]pakistan resolution,pakistan's constitutiona magna carta?[/B]

the question at hand will be answered if we are able to see the fundamental implications of the Lahore Resolution and how they might affect our constitutional scheme:
1. Provincial autonomy: Time perhaps has come for Pakistan to some of the fundamental features of the relationship between the center and the provinces. In the context of the 1973 constitution this would mean:
a. Abolition of the concurrent list and this would entail revising federal and provincial legislative lists. The federal government should deal with external affairs, defence, currency, communications, customs and fundamental rights.
b. Abolition of the Zia-introduced Federal Shariat Court as it might impinge on the legislative powers of the provinces. Supreme Court of Pakistan alone should exist as a final court of appeal for all provincial high courts with Suo Motu powers to impose fundamental rights.
c. The appointment of provincial government should remain the prerogative of the federal government but it should be made subject to an approval by a senate committee instead of president or prime minister.
2. Minorities’ Rights
The resolution speaks of “adequate, effective and mandatory safeguards” to “be specifically provided in the constitution for minorities” for the “protection of their religious, cultural, economic, political, administrative and other rights and interests in consultation with them”.
The adequacy of these safeguards has been made subject to “consultation” with minorities. Therefore, the Lahore Resolution is calling for the same consociationalist model for Pakistan’s minorities that Muslim League had asked for Muslims in India. These safeguards were to be “specifically provided”, which meant that these would not be subject to Islamization but would constitute the immutable part of that constitution which would be adopted by Pakistan. And these safeguards would not be merely “religious” but also inter alia ”cultural”, “economic”, “political” and “administrative” rights.
This should’ve been enough as the “Objectives’ Resolution” but Pakistan Constituent Assembly went onto pass an Objectives Resolution in 1949 which narrowed the scope of the safeguards to be provided to minorities and broadened the mission statement of Pakistan to include “enabling” the Muslims to lead lives according to their faith. It was further narrowed when General Zia amended the Objectives Resolution to exclude the word “freely” for practice of religion for minorities before inserting it as part of the constitution of Pakistan. It is not hard to see that every thing since then has been a departure from the letter and spirit of the Lahore Resolution.[I][3][/I]

edited:
[I][1][/I]wikipedia
[I][2][/I]wikipedia
[I][3][/I][url=http://pakteahouse.net/2009/03/22/lahore-resolution-revisited/]Lahore Resolution revisited | Pak Tea House[/url]

candidguy Tuesday, April 19, 2011 05:03 PM

the main event that lead to passing pakistan resolution:

[B]Govt of india act 1935[/B],because on that day they(The quaid and co) unanimously disregarded govt India act 1935.

SADIA SHAFIQ Tuesday, April 19, 2011 05:36 PM

so what fact in 1935 act?

candidguy Tuesday, April 19, 2011 05:55 PM

lahore resolution asked for demarcation b/w hindu and muslim majority provinces and demanded autonomy for the provinces thus formed.

while Govt of india act 1935,enacted the establishment of an All India Federation.

(my humble opinion,any one kindly rectify the statement if i'm wrong)

candidguy Tuesday, April 19, 2011 06:23 PM

here is a excerpt by molvi fazlul-haq's speech,page 370;book"tareekh-e-muslim league" par;2nd.
it endorses what i just said in the above post.

"we want the concept of federation not only changed but eradicated for ever"

candidguy Tuesday, April 19, 2011 06:29 PM

here is an excerpt from molvi fazlul-haq's(the presenter of pak resolution) speech,page 370;book"tareekh-e-muslim league" par;2nd.
it endorses what i just said in the above post.

"we want the concept of federation not only changed but eradicated for ever"

03:13 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.