CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   clash of civilizations??? (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/47875-clash-civilizations.html)

samra kanwal Monday, April 18, 2011 10:28 AM

clash of civilizations???

world is heading towards clash of civilizations..give your arguements for and against this notion!!!!!!!:tata

Tassawur Monday, April 18, 2011 10:38 AM

[QUOTE=samra kanwal;290694]world is heading towards clash of civilizations..give your arguements for and against this notion!!!!!!!:tata[/QUOTE]
[B][I]
What is your personal opinion?
Do you agree with this theory of Huntington ?[/I][/B]

Eshmile Monday, April 18, 2011 10:52 AM

Huntington was an extremely pessimistic person. His theory is not valid in the current era. The current clash is not the clash of civilizations but it is in fact the clash of interest, the clash of rich and poor, the clash of civilized and the less civilized, the clash of east and west, the clash of first world and third world, the clash of democracy and aristocracy, the clash of rich arabs and the impoverished ones.

Arain007 Monday, April 18, 2011 10:53 AM

Clash of civilizations is only a myth. If we see the ground reality then this clash can not possible. Today many civilizations are living together. Many people are migrating from one place to another. Many Muslims are living in US and Europe. On the other hand many Americans and Europeans are also enjoying their life in many Arab countries. So how clash can occur?

samra kanwal Monday, April 18, 2011 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=Tassawur;290698][B][I]
What is your personal opinion?
Do you agree with this theory of Huntington ?[/I][/B][/QUOTE]
well my point of view is that this clash of civilizations theory has yielded bloody wars on the name of religions...sometimes it is named as CRUSADES sometimes it has been described as WAR ON TERROR...watever it is but the truth is that it has aroused the feelings of enemity and has resulted in bloody massacres..i oppose this theory

[QUOTE=Arain007;290701]Clash of civilizations is only a myth. If we see the ground reality then this clash can not possible. Today many civilizations are living together. Many people are migrating from one place to another. Many Muslims are living in US and Europe. On the other hand many Americans and Europeans are also enjoying their life in many Arab countries. So how clash can occur?[/QUOTE]
so far as Islamic civilization is concerned i think it has the elements of assimilation...do you agree???

Tassawur Monday, April 18, 2011 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=samra kanwal;290733]well my point of view is that this clash of civilizations theory has yielded bloody wars on the name of religions...sometimes it is named as CRUSADES sometimes it has been described as WAR ON TERROR...watever it is but the truth is that it has aroused the feelings of enemity and has resulted in bloody massacres..i oppose this theory[/QUOTE]

[B][I]What I believe is that,
After the demise of soviet union and burring communism
in the mountains of Afghanistan,
West needed a new foe.
They needed a new victim for their military might
and their military junta i.e pentagon which l
iterally is the decisive power in US needed
some enemy whose fear they could show to their masses to rule them.

Besides this west's Military Industry needed
situation of tension in the world for
selling their hot cakes , their deadly weapons ,
heavy Artillery and Missile systems.

Therefore , they , through their touts their media cronies
propounded this theory of clash of civilization .
And brought before the world Muslim world
as the new foe or in real sense a new victim.

The growing china also seemed to them an obstacle
for their hegemony so they also portrayed China or Confucius civilization also an anti force.

In real sense its more a brainchild of CIA,
Pentagon and Western Military Industry ,
not the product of independent mind oh Samuel P. Huntington.[/I][/B]

FarazAli Monday, April 18, 2011 08:00 PM

Huntington's claim regarding clash of civilizations is baseless;he totally ignored history. Nowhere,in history, civilizations have clashed. However wars did took place.But some of his claims do appear to have come true. One of his claim is that civilizations see ups and downs,peaks and bottoms.For example Islam rose and dictated the world during reign of khalifas and then came down. And its downfall still continues.Similarly the West rose to power after revolutions during 17th centuries and its downfall has started after decolonization as claimed by Huntington. So it is yet to be seen when downfall of the West reaches its peak.

So there are true and untrue claims in the book CLASH OF CIVILIZATION.

Islam totally repudiates the clash of civilization. Islam is a religion of peace and discourages war. However,in Islam, war can be waged certain in certain situations.

snake Monday, April 18, 2011 08:38 PM

The term clash of civilisation is coined to give another meaning to the terrorism that rocked the world . It is an attempt to justify muslim militancy .

Arain007 Monday, April 18, 2011 09:03 PM

[QUOTE=samra kanwal;290734]so far as Islamic civilization is concerned i think it has the elements of assimilation...do you agree???[/QUOTE]

Yes Islamic civilization has the elements of assimilation. But in today's world, this assimilation is regarded as negative in case of Islamic culture. Now you can see that in Islamic world, the Western culture is so much prevailed. It is dominating over the Islamic culture. This thing should be changed.

candidguy Monday, April 18, 2011 09:33 PM

Noam chomsky, on Huntington's clash of civilization..
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT64TNho59I]YouTube - Noam Chomsky on The "Clash of Civilizations"[/url]

03:49 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.