Friday, April 19, 2024
03:02 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, September 02, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road
Default Assassination of Nawab Bugti, Balochistan issue etc. -- How a Punjabi can feel...!!!

Mr. Bugti has died in an encounter, so shall be remembered for his bravery and commitment to his cause. Though his cause had little to do with the welfare of his people and more to do with his personal prestige and powerful position, yet his death has been resulted in generating more sympathies for the cause of Baloch people.

It is necessary that we must investigate the cause of Economic and educational backwardness of Baloch people. These are my feelings as being a Punjabi. On the other hand, Mr. Irshad Ahmed Haqqani, in his column, has copied a letter of a Punjabi who is resident of Balochistan. Punjabi people are the victim of target killing and Robbery in Balochistan province. There is general environment of hatred for Punjabis among the Baloch people, or at least among the ‘nationalist’ Balochis. The slogan of Balochi ‘nationalists’ is: “Balochistan – the graveyard of Punjabis”. It is important to mention that if Baloch people are poor or backward, then so is the case with those Punjabi victims of target killing … because mostly they also happened to be poor labour class people. So they are becoming victim of a blind form of hatred. It is also important to mention that Punjabis do not hate Balochis or any other in this type of manner or any other manner whatsoever.

Rights of Balochistan have to do with the affairs of federal government and not with the people of Punjab. But indirect role of Punjab does come because of such reasons as: (i) More representation of Punjabis in federal government, (ii) Economic prosperity of common Punjabi as compared to common Balochi. etc.

Federal government allocates resources to different provinces on the basis of population data alone. As being a Punjabi, in my honest assessment, this is a wrong policy. Balochistan is the largest province of country in terms of its area but smallest in terms of population. While allocating the resources to this province, federal government takes decision solely on the basis of population data and simply ignores the implications of vast land area of this province. The simple implication of such vast land area is that it gives the result of very high per capita infrastructure cost. With the view to provide the facility of lets say, a road to less number of people, a long road of many hundred kilometers would be required. So the per capita infrastructure cost has to be very much high in this province as compared to lets say Punjab where far more number of people get the benefit of relatively very short road. So first of all in my opinion, resources should be allocated not just on the basis of population data but should be allocated on the basis of per capita infrastructure cost. Representation of Baloch people also should be increased in federal government due to similar reasons.

Punjabis are generally well off because they have been gifted by nature with five big rivers and fertile agriculture land. Punjabi people are lucky in the sense that they can exercise their proprietary rights over the fertile lands of the province. It means that Punjabi people are lucky because they can exercise proprietary rights over the naturally occurring natural resources of their province.

Balochi people have been unlucky because they have been deprived off to exercise their proprietary rights over the natural resources (natural gas) of their province. Bugti’s assassination has diverted our attention (Punjabi’s attention) towards this form of injustice as well. Balochistan is poor in water resources and fertility of land but it is rich in other form of natural resources as natural gas. If Punjab has the right to take full benefit of its natural resources, then Balochistan also should have full right to take benefits of its natural resources. But just like Punjabi people take the benefit of their natural resources, so it should be the Baloch people who should take the benefit of their natural resources and this benefit should not go in the pockets of their Sardars.

It is also important to mention that Punjabis do not act as parasite for Baloch people in any sense. They make payment for the gas, which they use. This payment however should go to provincial government of Balochistan for the benefit of Baloch people, and should not go to federal government or even the personal treasures of Baloch Sardars. Federal government should take just her taxation out of this income and nothing more.

And I also endorse the suggestions of another member ‘thinking’ that constitutional set up should be like a federation with the greatest possible autonomy to Provinces. There should not be any form of injustice by any province towards any other. People of one province should not hate with people of other province on just baseless things like that since Punjabis take ‘electricity’ out of waters of rivers so the water which reaches to next province would lack some important ingredient which is crucial for agriculture etc. etc. If people of other provinces hate with Punjabis on the basis of this type of reasons, then they are also committing injustice towards Punjabis.

Thanks!

zaheer baloch will become famous soon enough

i agree with khuraam and this is very sad that the local/settlers of balochistan Punjabiz are being victimized for this whole issue in Balochistan University when this news was break all Punjabiz were beaten harshly and same was the case in Bolan medical college and in Khuzdar Engineering university they were sent to FC (Frontier Core) area for saftey this is very bad. they are not responsible for that.

Yesterday two Students of IT University were killed and 3 were seriously injured , its right the decisions are being taken by Punjabiz in GHQ but these locals have nothing to do here many of our friends are very much scared.

Now the case of secret Body BUrial will make the situation more worse lets see what happens.
38th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 702

rizvan is on a distinguished road

wat else can balochi people do? they can not reach musharaf so they would take their revenge from any person who gets into their hands ,theycan not fite with army cuz dey r armed so offcourse the hatred increased by musharaf is to be felt by punjabis who gets caught by them so cheers to musharaf for bringing dis peace in balochistan

sABA CHAUDHARY is on a distinguished road

Befor saying any thing''I AM A PAKISTANI & PROVINCIALY I AM A PUNJABI''
All that happend with Mr.Bugti was not expected.But in my openion he was not a well wisher of pakistan.Those who can not think good for thair "DHARTI MAA''thay can not have a better end then this.Where it stands the QUE.of Balochistan it is a part of pakistan's body.The Balochs are loved by us& we will always take care of them & LOVE THEM.With the will of God every thing will come normal.INSHALAH
WOH LOG KABEE TOOT KAR BIKHRA NAHEE KARTAI
39th CTP (PAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 Merit 5

Asifr is on a distinguished road
Default Escalating Bugti's death

Embarking discussion on Bugti's death, it would be mandatory to have a glance what did he do while he was alive? His life bears eloquent testimony to this fact that he was nothing but a pathetic stooge who didn't even care to put the future of this country's at stake. And chapters of history reveal many a facts that he left no stone unturned to demolish Pak image in the world. He was in forefront to blackmail our politicians for the so-called purpose; and that is the reason why Pakistan has to undergo through such conditions. I am of the view that there was no way except assassination or killing Bugti. It was indispensable for the integrity and solidarity of Pakistan. Our politicians, those who were spoiled by Bugti, endeavored to foster screne nexus with Bugti in the past. Today’s Blochistan conditions are mere ramifications of those policies which our aristocrats and politicians followed to develop and solve tensions through dialogue; and that all was nothing except to prolong and lengthen their own political career without caring national interests. That is why today Pakistan is standing at very sensitive brink; and all our political leaders and dictators are responsible for these dire consequences.

President Musharaff deserves a solute and an applaud on behalf of all true Pakistanis for taking such bold steps. If some one thinks that Mr. President took such stringent measures for his personal considerations then its nothing but a partial statement that may be uttered after being compelled by different forces. But, both time and future would prove that these crucial steps were taken for a prosperous Pakistan. Every enlightened person with his all senses can realize its intensity. Otherwise Bugti was playing with future of both Blochistan and Pakistan. He was just a puppet in the hands of anti-Pakistan allied forces. These agencies and anti-Pakistan forces were providing sufficient and ample support to Bugti to disseminate and disintegrate Pakistan's geo-political situation within few years.
There is much to discuss and comment on it, but i would like to end by asking at least learned and enlightened Pakistanis to come forward and help our people infuse true patriotism in them so that in future we may not have such mendacious but resplendent and sagacious leaders.

* I would value your comments
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

@ Rizwan

You are not coming up with any sensible opinion. If Balochies are killing innocent poor punjabis who live in Balochistan, then it is all right according to you. You have not read my post. I have pointed out two main causes of backwardness of Baloch people. First cause is that federal government allocates resources on the basis of population data alone and ignores the implications of per capita infrastructure cost in such a vast province as Balochistan. Secondly Baloch PEOPLE have been deprived off their legitimate proprietary rights over the natural resources of their province.

If Baloch people raise these legitimate demands, then we Punjabis shall support them with full sincerity.

But if instead of going after legitimate demands, they insist that payment of natural gas should go to personal pockets of their Sardars, then sorry to say, in our assessment, Baloch people would deserve no support. We have sympathies for Baloch people and not for their Sardars. But if their Sardars are really sincere for their people, then we have no complaint against those Sardars.

@ Asif

How much cruel etc. Mr. Bugti was, and though he was not fighting for the cause of his people, but still then his death has given the message that we have to find the solution to the problems of Baloch people. I have pointed out some measures in my first post, which can prove to be effective, in my assessment. If Baloch people raise the demand for their legitimate rights, then we should extend our full support for their right cause.
38th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 702

rizvan is on a distinguished road

i didnt said balochis r doing the rite thing...infact killing any one is not rite in our religion either but bro its simple every action has a reaction... musharaf killed bugti now they are taking all punjabis as there enemy which is wrong but again they would do wateva they can wat eva they understand... hope the govt will soon bring all circumstances under control and provide balochis there rites mite it help dem to forget there leader.
Old Thursday, September 07, 2006

sABA CHAUDHARY is on a distinguished road

Oh my GOD! what a hot talk is going on on MR.BHUGTI,the thing is that what has happend is now the past.it was good or bad it should be an end.mr bhugti will not come out of his grave & tell that he was inocent or not.Every day in the walk of life many people are assecinated no one talks about them & today when a rude& crual 80 years old nwab has been given an end we all are fealing greef on it.yaa we should have this all is not the way how it is going.making strikes ,lounching protests.If any one has a soft corner go & sit near his grave resite lines of Quran so you can loose your temper &Bhugti also need it.Then think for the beter ment of blochistan which is so backward.I think if we come up as one we can solve all our problems,but the need of the day is UNITY which is lacking now a days.So think of it that MR.BHUGTI was our past buldin a beter feature for blochistan ,for pakistan is our present so , think &work for it what ever you can do.
WOH LOG KABEE TOOT KAR BIKHRA NAHEE KARTAI
Old Thursday, September 07, 2006

darandaz is on a distinguished road

salaam ,
i must appreciate the efforts and concept of saba, gone is gone and its time we must pray for the departed soul of mr bugti. we must not just keep fighting with each others ,
our country needs us and if we also kind of trying to break the unity then we are doin g exactly our enemies wants us to do.so please help your self by helping the situations off and lets not fight each others again on issues which are not worth fighting and killing for.
God be with all of us
salaam
Old Friday, September 08, 2006

NouR is on a distinguished road

Salam Khurram U r 100% right..
I totally agree with U...Evrery person should be given its due rights...
Actually the whole game is of misunderstanding...
there are few people who do propaganda and the common people play in these few people's hands...
here a story for U people!!!
In 1971 a col Matloub had a chance to talk with angered East Pakistani people who were prisnors ....He asked the boy to tell what are his comlaints and y he is so furious over West PAkistan.
He said i dont know ..i m absolutely unaware..I only know that East PAkistan 's been ignored since the first day of independence...And we r being deprived from our rights..then he told all his teachers were hindu and they told him all that bullshit..
Col Matloub Listened to him very carefully and didnt try to stop him.
after that Col matloub told him the whole actual story ,the consopiracy of india and role of mutki bahni...we all know what happened to west pakistani people over there..
He was very ashamed for what he had been done so far and promise to even sacrifice his life for the solidarity of PAkistan ..in this way Col matloub Asked from 35 people and all gave same reply...
Just like a kind father he removed all the misunderstanding of Those people through logics....
So all of them wanted to do something col gave them time to think peacefully but nothing could change their decisions...
Same is the case in balouchistan ...A common man dosent know the facts ..only this is inserted in his mind that punjabi are ur enemies dont let them to live in BAlochistannn
THis is time to console balouchi people
they should be given their rights....If their is need to ammend the constituion then this should be done..that funds should be given not only due to population...and some other solid stepd should be taken to uplift balouchi people' economy .....
COMMUNICATION may have key role in this regard..
All people columinsts and people should think over it and try to get some +ve solution...
Killing of innocent punjabi is the reaction of balouchi who r unaware....
Thanxxx