Friday, April 19, 2024
02:15 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, July 10, 2005
33rd CTP
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSP-2004

Dr Jhonson is on a distinguished road
Default @ R Khan

Hello

Well written. Make it a little cohorent.
In my opinion, you expression is good enough for CSS.

Chao
Old Monday, July 11, 2005

Mysterious_Norton is on a distinguished road

^I beg to differ on the fact that only the west is employing students’ politics as a means of welfare for students but also in the private institutions of Pakistan this notion can be seen being implemented. The students’ councils organize various events which include organizing student’s week, convocations and fund-raising for victims of disaster-stricken areas. By this the students’ council helps its concerned institution with organizing these events plus it also strives for eradicating the gap between the students and the administration of the institution. Only government institutions, public universities to be precise, are plagued by the misuse of students’ politics by the politicians for their own illegitimate purposes by playing with the lives of the students in such an abhorrent way. The public universities can eradicate this plague by expulsion of these studentsby which the students to abstain from unhealthy politics and should provide a platform for healthy activities for the students so that they do not stray away towards unwholesome activities.
Old Tuesday, July 12, 2005
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice
Default Thanks for taking interest...

Dear Norton Bhai,

Asalam-o-Alaikum!

Thankyou for reading my homework and being curious about it. Dear Norton, to be true, I accept your point. You are right to some extent.

But let me explain the rationale behind my course of writing.

First, take a look at our topic title "Politics should be a FORBIDDEN FRUIT for our students". This alludes that the examiner also agrees that our students should not be involved in politics. So all I have to do is just prove him right!

Second, by "our students" in the title... I consider the majority. The private institutions that qualify your case of politics are just minuscule (approaching 0%). Just count them and you'll understand my point... they are not even in a minority. So there was no use mentioning them.

I hope you get my point. If you don't... further queries and comments are welcome!

My turn: I really don't agree with your following paragraph! Please take pain to answer my queries.

"The public universities can eradicate this plague by expulsion of these studentsby which the students to abstain from unhealthy politics and should provide a platform for healthy activities for the students so that they do not stray away towards unwholesome activities."

My dear friend... how can the universities expel such students who are backed up by their big brothers (politicians)? Our institutes are politicized to the grass-root levels. Musharraf also presented a seven point agenda which included (depoliticizing state institutions), which he has so far been unable to colorize with reality and we all know why! We just can't do anything...

And what do you actually mean by providing healthy activities? See, try to recall the purpose these little devils join politics (its to achieve power and influence over others). I and you too are craving for power... so we surely won't miss a chance when we're getting it... (if this is not true with you... ask others... you'll get an assent from the majority). This trend can't change... until chances don't die!

According to my perception, there is no way these state institutions can eradicate this menace on their own (provided such circumstances). We are waiting for a great deluge in the lives of these politicians to feel the sense of responsibility and stop this evil practice. But, remember, we're all helpless!

Regards,
Adil Memon

If you don't agree with my points, reply with yours... if you're able to convince me i'll change my mind!!

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program

Last edited by Adil Memon; Tuesday, July 12, 2005 at 09:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adil Memon For This Useful Post:
Faisal86 (Tuesday, September 27, 2011)
Old Wednesday, July 13, 2005

^ Wa-alaikum-as-salam,
By healthy activities, I meant organization of various events, in this way the Students Council will have what you term as "power" atleast over something and also having powers of taking disciplinary action, which will establish the dual objective of maintenance of discipline within the campus and the craving for power. By maintenance of discipline I mean settling disputes at their (students') own level and small matters like submitting legitimate demands of the students e.g: maintenance of computer labs and libraries, finding problem understanding the teacher by suggesting a change etc, as well as reporting drug abuse and stopping the illegal political groups from functioning. And also empower the students, not much but adequately; let them have a say on matters which directly influence them by appointing one studet representative in the BOG meetings.
But yet again I'll have to agree upon the fact that you are quite right in saying that we are helpless at the hands of our Government and the whole system is in a desperate need of a substantial change otherwise the same story will repeat again and again; Govt. oppresses, people get oppressed, when election arrives the party asks for votes, people give them votes, the party wins the election and again the Govt. oppresses. If only the government provided job guarantee to the higher officials of the educational institutions so that can start the campaign of, as I mentioned in my last post, expulsion of students in these political organizations. Well, we'll always be stuck onto to our ifs and the government on its fake assurances for restructuring the system.
And one more thing: I'm a girl.

Last edited by Mysterious_Norton; Wednesday, July 13, 2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old Friday, July 15, 2005
Banned

MOHIUDDIN is on a distinguished road
Default Nice to go through, what you are going through...!!!

Salam.

(Adil, u recommended and i stopped by the 'discussion' to see what is going on. Lo and behold, i m pleasently surprised to say the least.)

Well, considerable points have alredy been discussed regarding involvement of students in politics. And all the points are valid. But please note that the Question you people are discussing does not relate to the present mindset of the examiner. Let me tell you an example i m a witness of.

The University of Engineering and Technology Lahore has long been known as a stronghold of political black sheeps. The violence was a common phenomenon there. As the Musharraf era dawned, Maj. General Kirmani was given the charge of the university. He entered the university gathered all the students and delivered a short speach. He has a great personality and powerful accent. He said " I know you have arms. Make sure you dont have them by tomorrow. Any arms found in search operation would mean stringent punishment"

I know by personal experiance that Mr. Kirmani took some army jawans and sophisticated weapons with him. This had psychological effect on the culprits.

The rest is history. I have not heared of a violence in UET in 2 years. THis kind of action was needed to get rid of the menance.

And of course i certainly do not mean that we have succeeded in getting rid of the plague. But the example denoted what needes to be done all over the country. The will power is needed.

Please continue the good work. And by the way, the current issue regarding education is 'Quality of education'. A recent survey conducted in 500 schools had the most ridiculous results. The teachers (47% of them) could not solve the math questions of class 4 standard. And when the teachers are of that standard, what kind of human capital can we expect.

thanx..
take care

(And as regards the gender confusion i would say "Mysterious_Norton" should be read as "Miss Terious Norton")....lol

(Adil please handle the situation if it gets out of hand cuz of my 'Mys - Miss' controversy )

Take care

Allah hafiz.
The Following User Says Thank You to MOHIUDDIN For This Useful Post:
Faisal86 (Tuesday, September 27, 2011)
Old Saturday, July 16, 2005

(Regarding Mohiuddin's post) that's exactly what I had in mind ke the principal seat should be strong enough to combat such problems and as in the of case Maj. Gen. Kirmani is an "army man" as said by Adil, not necessarily every institution has an army guy as the administrator, so, here is where the job security comes in which I had discussed in my previous post. But as I have mentioned in my previous post, that things will remain as they are, until and unless extra-ordinary change in the country's infrastructure takes place. Till then, iss system mein piste raho
@Mohiuddin: well what can I say your "controversy" has a point after all... :p
@Adil: I won't complain btw there's a surprise for you in the introduction section

Relax people I don't bite...