Friday, March 29, 2024
06:14 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, September 14, 2011

pureapak is a jewel in the roughpureapak is a jewel in the roughpureapak is a jewel in the rough
Default Why are Muslim Countries devoid of democratic government system ?

Democracy is deemed suitable to a welfare state for its world class definition by abraham lincolin as

"Government of the people by the people and for the people"

The government system that the non Islamic world calls democracy in modern times is all the same what Islam recommended centuries back.

It stands for the freedom of speech and action , empowers the common people and holds them equal in the state share with elite class. no selected few are allowed to run dynastic rules in the state nor does it restrict the state to accept new valid changes in form of modernization. Protest is a legitimate right to the reluctant people in this system. Disputes are settled down with negotiations and possible compromises on the part of establishment.
vote receives the absolute power .. Elections after defined periods of time are held to gauge the worth of different political parties in context of their claims before coming into power..
Every individual enjoys full rights here.. and the like various other virtues this system has with it.

But our analysis of the government systems claiming to be democratic in the world today returns us the ironical results.. We find afore defined democracy in an ideal state.

I agree Fatima when she calls it an illusion...

Muslim countries are not singular when it comes to practicing democracy in its true spirits ....No country is basically entitled to be considered democratic.

But does it verify our move for communism,Nazism,fascism,monarchy and other prevailing government systems ? all of which have their own shortcomings...

government systems on the name of Democracy in the world today are better than at least these systems.

Why the muslim countries are lagging behind in their democratic values recommended by Quran is an interesting question.

its answer is definitely in our deviation from the actual islamic teachings..
our fellowship to Shariah has lost its motion.
We know Islam what a few religious scholars tell us.. We do not bother to explore the treasure of Quran and Ahadis with our own blessed mind.
We are afraid either Quran and Ahadis is correctly interpreted or not.. Afraid because we fall short of interpreting our Shariah on our own Because dont have required qualification in Arabic.
We should revisit the message of Islam and try to follow its golden principles in our life not confined to political fold alone but extending to our socio economic,moral,ethical cultural and religious life either.

True Teachings of Islam offer us the solutions to all of our problems we only need to implement them.............

M MAZHAR JADOON will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima47 View Post
I can sit here and say that Islamic form of government (or Khilafah) is more democratic than democracy, but is irrelevant discussion on several counts.

Since when did the democracy become the standard bearer for everything, including Islam? What stops us from saying "we want proper implementation of Islam"? Why is it such a problematic topic for people to digest?A lot of people are fixated on making Islam and democracy sound good together because someone gave us this idea that democracy is the ideal system. Who said it was? Better yet, how did this whole issue of democracy become so popular after the 1950s and not an issue for the past 1300 years of Islamic history among the classical scholars, e.g Ibn Kathir, Nawawi, Imam Shafi etc? Because at that time our worry was not what others thought about us (whether we are democratic or not_ but what Allah (S.W.T) thoughtf of us Muslims.
You are right that we must do homework prior to discuss the issues like revolution, democracy. First if you have planned how to run the future government, the nature and function of different department, then we may plan to bring a change not only in Pakistan but throughout the Muslim world.

Fatima47 has a spectacular aura aboutFatima47 has a spectacular aura about

So if I consider that democracy is compatible with Islam, and the Islamic state MUST expand on, will this parliament legislate or will it follow what Quran and Sunnah decree?
Old Thursday, September 15, 2011

pureapak is a jewel in the roughpureapak is a jewel in the roughpureapak is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatima47 View Post
So if I consider that democracy is compatible with Islam, and the Islamic state MUST expand on, will this parliament legislate or will it follow what Quran and Sunnah decree?
Concept of democracy is no way western.. Islam introduced this system centuries back which the west later knew as Democracy....

Islam is basically misunderstood on various points.. theologists and clrks have developed specific versions of their religious interpretations...
so if you want the legislature consider this brand of islam and expand state on its misconceived principle... NO PARLIAMENT WILL NOT AND IT NEVER SHOULD.

BUT if you mean the actual Islam which never comes in conflict with human welfare and his meaningful development in all domains of life.... i second you
Yes Our Parliament should borrow the golden principles of islam on justice,fairplay, rule of law,brotherhood,strong institutions , free and fair elections, equal rights for all, tolerance, moderation and constructive attitude.
Old Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fatima47 has a spectacular aura aboutFatima47 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureapak View Post
Concept of democracy is no way western.. Islam introduced this system centuries back which the west later knew as Democracy....

Islam is basically misunderstood on various points.. theologists and clrks have developed specific versions of their religious interpretations...
so if you want the legislature consider this brand of islam and expand state on its misconceived principle... NO PARLIAMENT WILL NOT AND IT NEVER SHOULD.

BUT if you mean the actual Islam which never comes in conflict with human welfare and his meaningful development in all domains of life.... i second you
Yes Our Parliament should borrow the golden principles of islam on justice,fairplay, rule of law,brotherhood,strong institutions , free and fair elections, equal rights for all, tolerance, moderation and constructive attitude.
Whenever I use the term Islam, I mean the Islam revealed on Prophet (P.B.U.H) by Allah (S.W.T).

Coming to topic, that means the Muslim state must expand on. Why? Just because its is farz. So, if the Islamic state finds out that other Muslims need her to save them from atrocities of non-Muslims or simply if other Muslims ask for help, no one will have to do any legistlation. So in matters of farz its just Quran and Sunnah which decide, no one's opinions are acceptable. Does that happen in democracy? Plus, I seriously dont mind if you call supremacy of Quran and Sunnah as democracy, theodemocracy, Khilafah or whatvever. It will remain what it is.
Shahzaib Abbasi (Thursday, September 15, 2011)
Old Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Braveheartkhilji is on a distinguished road
Default I don't know where we are headed!

We should not mingle the type of government the islamic empire had and the ones present in all over the globe. For many reasons are there to justify it. Basically, the type of democracy or government which we want for our selves is based upon are own requirments, either we should adopt the ideology which pesuaded us to be an independnt state or the so called democracy which keeps on altering all the time!
Here i should post a question i.e what type of government do we have?

Tags
current affairs, democracy, muslim umma.