CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Is this Correct? (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/5434-correct.html)

mhmmdkashif Sunday, October 08, 2006 10:36 PM

Is this Correct?

salam everyone. i havent been interested in history before preparing for css examination. i came across the following information on a web site. i cannot deem it correct since i havent discussed or heared it anywhere else. plz let me know if this is correct:

[SIZE="4"][B]Opponents of Pakistan Movement[/B][/SIZE]

[B]Jamaat-e-Islami[/B]
Maulana Syed Abul Ala Maududi and his Jamaat-e-Islami was dire opponents of the Pakistan Movement.

[B]Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam[/B]
Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam was originally opposed to British imperialism while supporting the aims and policies of the Indian National Congress and opposing the Muslim League's struggle for an independent state of Pakistan. The JUI had limited political significance following Pakistan's independence in 1947.

Also the majority of the mullahs living in the sub-continent was against the Pakistan Movement.
---------------------

plz share your knowledge since this can be an important conception.

jsmawais Sunday, October 08, 2006 11:22 PM

Interesting topic...

I will look into the details of this issue... I also want to know the exact things.

To my knowledge, Maulana Maududi had not criticized the idea of Pakistan, since, he wrote books to convey Iqbal's message. One of his books (forgot its name) was a commentary on Iqbal's 1930 address and it was published & spread by Muslim League members, in huge amounts. In one of his letters, he also clarified that he was only against the Muslim League's ideology of nationalism and not the concept of an independent state.

Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani (RA) was a member of JUI and [b][color="red"]was the first person to wave Pakistani flag in Karachi.[/color] He was also a member of the National Assembly and prepared the draft of the Objective Resolution.[/b] The Objective Resolution was then passed by Liaquat Ali Khan (RA) in 1948. Its apparent that he could not be against the concept of an independent state.

[b]It was actually Maulana Abul Kalam Azad who refuted the concept of an independent state and remained in India.[/b]

Today, some shyless Pakistani citizens criticize Quaid-e-Azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah (RA) for founding Pakistan. [b]Such people should think that without his endless efforts, we would not be able to breath freely in an independent state!!![/b]

[b][color="red"]LONG LIVE PAKISTAN![/color][/b]

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.

jsmawais Sunday, October 08, 2006 11:41 PM

Maududi wasn't against concept of independent state...

I have confirmed that Maulana Maududi was not against the concept of an independent state for Muslims; he only criticized Muslim League's concept of "Muslim nationalism."
In a letter dated 3 March, 1966 to the then Amir of JI of District Mardan, Gohar Rehman, he wrote:-

"Have you forgot that when we were [b]working against the Indian National Congress' concept of nationalism[/b], the common misconception was that we were supporting the Muslim League's concept of "Muslim Nationalism." But, after saving people from the dangers of the Congress' concept of nationalism, we started working against Muslim League's [b]concept of nationalism[/b] with full force."
[[u]Maktubaat-e-Maududi[/u] by Ashraf Bukhari, Manzoor Press (Peshawar : 1983), p.139]

[i]Research is the key to success![/i]

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.

jsmawais Sunday, October 08, 2006 11:54 PM

Ulema are not against science...

Another strange misconception which is widespread throughout Pakistan against the Indian ulema, esp. that of Darul Uloom Deoband, is that they were against science and technology. This is a mountainous lie and heinous allegation against the scholars!
Instead of turning historical records, up & down, a recent fatwa issued by the Darul Iftaa of Darul Uloom Deoband may be quoted here:-

[img]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1851/234366na.gif[/img]

Furthermore, on their website, they have made a special section entitled “The Muslims’ Avoidance of the English Education” for this purpose:-
[quote]This blame has gained notoriety against the Ulema of India, particularly against the Ulema of Deoband, that, by issuing a Fatwa against the acquirement of the English education, they prevented the Muslims from acquiring it, wherefore the Muslims lagged behind other communities in the field of worldly progress. But this blame is baseless, because [b]the Ulema were against only that curriculum which might lead the Muslims towards atheism and irreligion. This danger was being felt in Aligarh itself. Accordingly, to obviate it, an independent Department of Theology was established there, and when Maulana Muhammad Qasim’s son-in-law, Maulana Abdullah Ansari, was invited to head it, [u]Darul Uloom promptly accepted this invitation[/u]. Maulana Abdullah Ansari graced this post till the end of his life and after him, his son, Maulana Ahmed Miya Ansari, was appointed on this post. He was also a graduate of Darul Uloom. It is, therefore, obvious that in case of opposition to the English system of education, this thing was not possible.[/b]

As regards those students who, after graduating from the Arabic schools, wished to enter government schools, Hazrat Maulana Nanutawi, in his speech delivered in a function of prize-distribution held in 1290 A.H. (1873 A.D.), had encouraged such students in the following words:-

[b]“If the students of this Madrassa join government schools to acquire the modern sciences, this acquirement would more shore up their accomplishment.”[/b]

Replying to the objection of certain people as to why modern sciences were not included in the syllabus of Darul Uloom, he said:-

“If this thought is a stumbling block that there is no arrangement here at all for the profane sciences, its answer firstly is that there ought to be treatment of the disease. [b]To take medicine for a disease, which is not there, is futile. The crack in the wall should be filled up; it is necessary to fill the kiln. What is it but silliness to be anxious about the brick that has not yet fallen down? What are the government schools for? If the profane sciences are not taught there; what else is done there?[/b] Had these schools been less in number than what are required, then it would have mattered. But it is common knowledge that through the government’s attention, towns and cities apart, schools have been opened even in villages. To make arrangement for the schools of secular sciences in their presence and be negligent towards the religious sciences is not the work of the longsighted wisdom.”[/quote]
[[url="http://darululoom-deoband.com/english/sys_of_edu/index4.htm"]Read further[/url]]

Its noteworthy that the founders of Darul Uloom Deoband viz. Maulana Qasim Nanotawi were among the ones who signed the edict for the 1857 war. After the 1857 war, 51,200 ulema were hanged with trees and the word 'maulvi' had become synonmyous to a 'rebel'.

My view of things is that I don't follow any particular person or party. I just try to follow the [i]truth[/i]--[i]the right path[/i]--no matter which party or person is following it. I don't support a party or person entirely on all issues, even if, in my opinion, it is choosing the wrong path.

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.

mhmmdkashif Monday, October 09, 2006 01:52 AM

Thanks for information

[code]jsmawais[/code]
Thanks for the great information you shared. It has given me a good idea but i still have one query in mind regardin following. i would like if you can answer that as well.

[quote]Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani (RA) was a member of JUI and was the first person to wave Pakistani flag in Karachi. He was also a member of the National Assembly and prepared the draft of the Objective Resolution. The Objective Resolution was then passed by Liaquat Ali Khan (RA) in 1948. Its apparent that he could not be against the concept of an independent state.
[/quote]

i read somewhere that he won election on muslim league ticket since he joined muslim league in 1946 (i dont remember exactly what year, but he was elected president of JUI the same year as well). tell me if that is correct.

mhmmdkashif Monday, October 09, 2006 01:56 AM

In politics Maulana Usmani had from the very beginning joined the Jami'at Ulema-e Hind and earlier he had been an important member of the Khilafat Committee. In 1333/1914, during the Balkan war, he had participated very ardently in collecting funds for the Turks. Maulana Usmani remained a member of the executive council of the Jami'at ­Ulema Hind for a number of years, and was reckoned amongst the first class leaders of the said organization of the Ulema. [B]In the end, due to the question of one nation theory, he dissented with the Jami'at Ulema and joined the Muslim League and, in 1365/1946, he was elected president of the Jami'at Ulema-e Islam.[/B] In 1946, when an election was held for the Indian Constituent Assembly, he was elected its member on behalf of the Muslim League from Bengal. After the partition of India, he was elected as a member of the Pakistan Constitutent Assembly in his capacity as a representative of East Bengal. To participate in the session of the Pakistan Constitutent Assembly Maulana Usmani went to Pakistan before Ramadhan, A. H. 1366/1947 and then stayed in Karachi fore over. Along with his membership of the Pakistan Constitutent Assembly he was also elected as the president of the Shara'i Dastur-saz Committee. In Pakistan he rendered many religious and national services; his academic and political services had a special impression on the highest authority of Pakistan. He enjoyed a great position particularly as a religious divine and thinker and along with his religious leadership, his political leadership was also acknowledged on all hands.

The above text is taken from [URL="http://www.darululoom-deoband.com/english/introulema/vc2.htm"]http://www.darululoom-deoband.com/english/introulema/vc2.htm[/URL].

mhmmdkashif Monday, October 09, 2006 02:06 AM

[B]Allama Usmani Saheb was one of those few Deoband Alims who fought for the establishment of Pakistan. He was the Founder President of Jamiat-ul- Ulama-e-Islam {1946), which most effectively counteracted the anti- Pakistan Movement propaganda and activities led by pro-Congress Jamiat-ul-Ulamai Hind. [/B]

Quoted from [URL="http://www.cybercity-online.net/pof/allama_shabbir_ahmad_usmani.html"]http://www.cybercity-online.net/pof/allama_shabbir_ahmad_usmani.html[/URL]

jsmawais Monday, October 09, 2006 05:21 AM

Thanks for the information...

Thanks for the valuable information... :)
It increased respect of Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani (RA) in my heart that he joined Muslim League in 1946. This was probably due to the fact that he was higher in intellect, foresight, etc. than Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. [b][u]ONLY[/u] Maulana Abul Kalam Azad and other scholars who followed him, refuted the idea of Pakistan.[/b]

He [Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani] had studied Islam, science, literature and scriptures of other religions including Torah, Gospel, etc. He was renowned as the [i]Sheikhul Islam[/i] of the sub-continent.

His son, Mufti Muhammad Shafi Usmani (RA), remained president of Darul Uloom Deoband for about 10 years. [b]He was also the Grand Mufti of Pakistan and founded the famous institution, Darul Uloom Karachi.[/b] He wrote the famous tafseer of Quran viz. [i]Ma'ariful Qur'an[/i].
[b]One of his sons, Mufti Muhammad Rafi Usmani, is the present Grand Mufti of Pakistan and president of Darul Uloom Karachi.[/b]
Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani, a scholar of international fame, is brother of Mufti Rafi Usmani and vice president of Darul Uloom Karachi. He holds degrees in Economics & Law and remained a judge, firstly in the Federal Shariah Court and then, in the Shariat Appellate Bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. [b]He is also the chair-person of the Jeddah-based Fiqh Council of the OIC (Organization of Islamic Conference) and editor of [i]Al-Balagh[/i].[/b]

[i]This thread was very helpful to me, as I was also doubtful about JI & JUI's stance on Pakistan.[/i]

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.

11:39 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.