CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Quota in CSS: Another Aspect (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/56166-quota-css-another-aspect.html)

JazibRoomi Thursday, November 03, 2011 09:24 PM

Quota in CSS: Another Aspect

[SIZE="2"][B]Apply supreme court ruling on provincial quota: Punjab will get 8 more seats in CSS 2010.[/B][/SIZE]

The case is simple. The same mechanism that is being applied on women quota should also be applied on provincial quota.

The federal government on May 22, 2007 announced the reservation of a 10 per cent quota for women in all federal jobs. The quota was in addition to the posts they would secure on open merit.

CSS 2008 candidate Nargis Shazia Chaudhry and 13 petitioners requested the court to change the method of quota allocation. She argued that first the general merit seats should be filled and then the 10-percent women quota should be applied to the remaining women candidates. She also requested that the open-merit seats vacated by women, who moved to better groups under the quota, be filled by women only.

The FPSC criteria earlier allowed filling up the open-merit seats vacated by women by whoever happened to be next on the merit list. This, the petitioner argued, resulted in less women getting CSS allocations which was not declared policy.

The Supreme Court directed the FPSC in the last week of August to change the manner in which it allocated the women candidates in CSS. Below is the gist of the SC ruling:
“That the women on higher merit positions in all provincial (or regional) quotas will be given a preference to occupy the quota seats and the seats they vacate will also be considered quota seats and be filled by women only”.

After the SC ruling a seat vacated by a woman can only be filled by another woman.

Now my point is that there are not only women and minority quotas there in the CSS exam but there are 9 different quotas there mentioned in the FPSC PRESS NOTE dated 23-05-2011 (e.g. Punjab quota, Sindh Rural quota, Sindh Urban quota, KPK quota, Balochistan quota, GBFATA quota, AJK quota, Women quota, Minorities quota) so all these are different entities and identities (provincial, regional & gender) and the same ruling in original and as a precedent must be applied in its true sense on all the abovementioned quotas.

[B]If the same SC ruling is applied as precedent on all the provincial and regional quotas, the provinces will also get their due quota share in addition to their participation in open merit [/B]e.g. the Punjab will get 5 more quota seats according to the allocations 2010 list as the 13 out of 17 All Pakistan Open Merit candidates were from Punjab but only 8 were allocated and accommodated on the All Pakistan Open Merit seats and 5 of them occupy provincial quota seats depriving Punjab from its 5 provincial quota share seats. Such deprivation of any entity’s (provincial, regional & gender) right amounts to a clear violation of the Constitution of Pakistan, 1973, a departure from the rule of merit, a sheer discrimination (gender, provincial and regional) and is against the all cannons of justice and equity.

As an example, consider the case of our respected fellow member M Ali Asghar, CSS 2010, Merit No. 9. On 17 all Pakistan open merit seats, he gets allocation in IRS group. But since he had preferred DMG, he leaves the open merit IRS seat and acquires a seat from Punjab Quota. According to the supreme court’s perception of quota that first the general merit seats should be filled and then the quota should be applied to the remaining candidates and that M the candidate on higher merit positions will be given a preference to occupy the quota seats and the seat he vacates will now be considered quota seat, the open merit IRS seat vacated by M Ali Asghar should now be considered as a Punjab Quota Seat.

[B]Punjab is not getting its due share in quota.[/B] I am going to file a writ in the court against this discriminatory application quota mechanism and I am hoping to get support not only from Punjabi forum members…..since everyone here believes in merit.

DEVOLUTION GEEK Thursday, November 03, 2011 09:47 PM

I am with you

I am with you dear. Quota system is a sheer mockery of merit and intellect. Go ahead !!! In the annals of our history, your name will be written in golden words.

JazibRoomi Thursday, November 03, 2011 10:08 PM

[QUOTE=DEVOLUTION GEEK;370288]I am with you dear. Quota system is a sheer mockery of merit and intellect. Go ahead !!! In the annals of our history, your name will be written in golden words.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot dear. Personally I am also against quota system. But you see there is not much you can do against quota. The issue I raised is not against quota, but against the way the quota seats are being allocated since there are different methodologies for Women and Provincial Quotas and that is what you may perceive as discriminatory. As a result of this discrimination, Punjab is being deprived from it rightful share in bureaucracy.

Muhammad iqbal Serwar Friday, November 04, 2011 12:29 PM

[QUOTE=JazibRoomi;370274][SIZE="2"][B]Apply supreme court ruling on provincial quota: Punjab will get 8 more seats in CSS 2010.[/B][/SIZE]

The case is simple. The same mechanism that is being applied on women quota should also be applied on provincial quota.

The federal government on May 22, 2007 announced the reservation of a 10 per cent quota for women in all federal jobs. The quota was in addition to the posts they would secure on open merit.

CSS 2008 candidate Nargis Shazia Chaudhry and 13 petitioners requested the court to change the method of quota allocation. She argued that first the general merit seats should be filled and then the 10-percent women quota should be applied to the remaining women candidates. She also requested that the open-merit seats vacated by women, who moved to better groups under the quota, be filled by women only.

The FPSC criteria earlier allowed filling up the open-merit seats vacated by women by whoever happened to be next on the merit list. This, the petitioner argued, resulted in less women getting CSS allocations which was not declared policy.

The Supreme Court directed the FPSC in the last week of August to change the manner in which it allocated the women candidates in CSS. Below is the gist of the SC ruling:
“That the women on higher merit positions in all provincial (or regional) quotas will be given a preference to occupy the quota seats and the seats they vacate will also be considered quota seats and be filled by women only”.

After the SC ruling a seat vacated by a woman can only be filled by another woman.

Now my point is that there are not only women and minority quotas there in the CSS exam but there are 9 different quotas there mentioned in the FPSC PRESS NOTE dated 23-05-2011 (e.g. Punjab quota, Sindh Rural quota, Sindh Urban quota, KPK quota, Balochistan quota, GBFATA quota, AJK quota, Women quota, Minorities quota) so all these are different entities and identities (provincial, regional & gender) and the same ruling in original and as a precedent must be applied in its true sense on all the abovementioned quotas.

[B]If the same SC ruling is applied as precedent on all the provincial and regional quotas, the provinces will also get their due quota share in addition to their participation in open merit [/B]e.g. the Punjab will get 5 more quota seats according to the allocations 2010 list as the 13 out of 17 All Pakistan Open Merit candidates were from Punjab but only 8 were allocated and accommodated on the All Pakistan Open Merit seats and 5 of them occupy provincial quota seats depriving Punjab from its 5 provincial quota share seats. Such deprivation of any entity’s (provincial, regional & gender) right amounts to a clear violation of the Constitution of Pakistan, 1973, a departure from the rule of merit, a sheer discrimination (gender, provincial and regional) and is against the all cannons of justice and equity.

As an example, consider the case of our respected fellow member M Ali Asghar, CSS 2010, Merit No. 9. On 17 all Pakistan open merit seats, he gets allocation in IRS group. But since he had preferred DMG, he leaves the open merit IRS seat and acquires a seat from Punjab Quota. According to the supreme court’s perception of quota that first the general merit seats should be filled and then the quota should be applied to the remaining candidates and that M the candidate on higher merit positions will be given a preference to occupy the quota seats and the seat he vacates will now be considered quota seat, the open merit IRS seat vacated by M Ali Asghar should now be considered as a Punjab Quota Seat.

[B]Punjab is not getting its due share in quota.[/B] I am going to file a writ in the court against this discriminatory application quota mechanism and I am hoping to get support not only from Punjabi forum members…..since everyone here believes in merit.[/QUOTE]

I realy appreaciate your findings in this regards, the grounds on which you are going to file a petition is realy appreaciable and applicable to resolve the qouta discriminations.My prayers are with you.

Goood Luck

JazibRoomi Friday, November 04, 2011 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=Muhammad iqbal Serwar;370479]I realy appreaciate your findings in this regards, the grounds on which you are going to file a petition is realy appreaciable and applicable to resolve the qouta discriminations.My prayers are with you.
Goood Luck[/QUOTE]

After the supreme court ruling, there was no point that quota seats be filled before open merit seats. CSS 2010 Allocations are a violation of supreme court ruling. 7 of the Punjab seats have been illegally given to K.P.K. Even in reallocation process, a seat of Punjab quota vacated by Hassan Mabroor was transferred to K.P.K. But this is not done. We are a team now and we ll do our best to compel FPSC to cancel the allocation list and postpone the commencement of 39 CTP, Insha Allah.

Farrah Zafar Saturday, November 05, 2011 07:00 PM

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Century Gothic"]"Stop complaining , Start doing"

Jazib you are "doing".I really appreciate your step.:clap

Go ahead :vic[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

JazibRoomi Saturday, November 12, 2011 08:39 PM

[url=http://e.jang.com.pk/11-11-2011/Pindi/pic.asp?picname=02_22.gif]Jang Multimedia[/url]

umair jarwar Sunday, November 13, 2011 12:01 AM

I strongly oppose this petition.

The reason are only understood by those aspirants who aspire by living far away from cities like lahore, karachi etc because they have to share some responsibilities with their family along with some other domestic problems along with poor educational system of rural areas as well cities in which they dwell. All of us are familiar with that harsh reality.

The development of intellect needs a base, a good base in order to qualify exams like CSS while exceptional cases of extraordinary minds are rare. You have to think for those unprivileged aspirants before doing any such thing.

They have the right to get equal amount after a painful job by which they manage to get success in this exam. One thing more, if this case possessed a weight FPSC or any other person might have considered it before raising this voice that had echoed recently.

That's my opinion.

ABDUL JABBAR KATIAR Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:50 AM

@jazib roomi

bhai, punjab ko 50% quota mil rahi ha. ab kya doosre province ki quota bhi punjab ko de den. ye to sarasar nainsafi ha doosre provinces k sath. 50% quota k bawajood punjab men seats kum parjati hain aur css pass karne wale zyada hote hain. is men doosre province ka kya qasoor ha. punjabis ko chahye k woh next attempt k lye tayari karen. punjab her cheez men 50% se bhi zyada le jata ha muger css men to kuch raham karen doosre provinces pe. un ka bhi kuch haq ha pakistan men. unhoon ne bhi pakistan ki azaadi k lye koshish ki thi ya sirf punjab ne ki thi. iam disagree with u. quota system is right because every province should be given its share in every job.70% revenue pakistan ka sindh se aata ha baqi ye kahan ka insaaf ha k punjab population basis pe 50% job seats le jae. quota system is best.

innocent fairy Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:14 AM

qaouta system is best

09:22 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.