CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Democracy and Islam! (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/56699-democracy-islam.html)

Ahmad786Khan Sunday, November 20, 2011 02:33 AM

Democracy and Islam!

The essence of so called western democracy is based on the formula of one man one vote. This means that a person holding a doctorate in political science will have one vote while someone can't even write his name will also have same one vote, an ignorant's and a scholar's opinion have same worth, liar and the honest share the right of same one vote each, there is no distinction.
Islam emphasizes on justice and states that an ignorant and a learnt can never be same but the western democratic system gives no consideration to one's character, wisdom and credentials, only because all they are concerned about is making laws out of the will of the majority population i.e. government of the people for the people and by the people. However in an Islamic state laws are to be derived from the Holy Quran and the Sunnah and not by personal will. In our Islamic Republic of Pakistan in the presence of Objectives Resolution, which clearly states that no law can be made against Islamic injunctions, we strive for the unjust system of majority vote. The electoral system in Pakistan should be such where weightage is given to the voters based on their education, character, social and moral standing etc, and the election commission should facilitate such arrangements where the elections are done taking full advantage of the modern information technology. Such an advice may seem like a far cry in local scenario but this is not entirely impossible in this space age.

Fading Glimpse Sunday, November 20, 2011 11:50 AM

in fact the very scenario of pakistan is mislead and misunderstood by the pakistan govt. and the people of pakistan. they just talk of majority votes to come into power and forget that the meaning of democracy is not to get majority votes but to serve the people. . . i second your opinion that islamic democracy is far more enlighted than the western concept of democracy. . .

Daisy Monday, November 28, 2011 10:01 PM

i agree with u

aariz Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:16 AM

@Ahmed. I second to you and that's why the Islamic governance system is the best and unique which caters the needs of life in equally and in harmonious way.

Rizwan Anwar Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:12 PM

[QUOTE=Ahmad786Khan;374769]The essence of so called western democracy is based on the formula of one man one vote. This means that a person holding a doctorate in political science will have one vote while someone can't even write his name will also have same one vote, an ignorant's and a scholar's opinion have same worth, liar and the honest share the right of same one vote each, there is no distinction.
Islam emphasizes on justice and states that an ignorant and a learnt can never be same but the western democratic system gives no consideration to one's character, wisdom and credentials, only because all they are concerned about is making laws out of the will of the majority population i.e. government of the people for the people and by the people. However in an Islamic state laws are to be derived from the Holy Quran and the Sunnah and not by personal will. In our Islamic Republic of Pakistan in the presence of Objectives Resolution, which clearly states that no law can be made against Islamic injunctions, we strive for the unjust system of majority vote. The electoral system in Pakistan should be such where weightage is given to the voters based on their education, character, social and moral standing etc, and the election commission should facilitate such arrangements where the elections are done taking full advantage of the modern information technology. Such an advice may seem like a far cry in local scenario but this is not entirely impossible in this space age.[/QUOTE]

i strongly agree with you.
once i also tried on this forum to discuss an issue like that, but may be i was not good enough to make my oint clear. anyhow , i ask, what was the mechansim and dynamics of islamic leader selection (means how khalifa were selected and after khlifas what system was followed)?
:wait

aariz Tuesday, November 29, 2011 01:12 PM

Khilafa has a majlis shoora (A highly educated and scholarly body ), which suggests and reports the elected khalifa about the matters of the state. The Khalifa is elected by general consensus of the people.

Muhammadian Tuesday, November 29, 2011 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=Ahmad786Khan;374769]The essence of so called western democracy is based on the formula of one man one vote. This means that a person holding a doctorate in political science will have one vote while someone can't even write his name will also have same one vote, an ignorant's and a scholar's opinion have same worth, liar and the honest share the right of same one vote each, there is no distinction.
Islam emphasizes on justice and states that an ignorant and a learnt can never be same but the western democratic system gives no consideration to one's character, wisdom and credentials, only because all they are concerned about is making laws out of the will of the majority population i.e. government of the people for the people and by the people. However in an Islamic state laws are to be derived from the Holy Quran and the Sunnah and not by personal will. In our Islamic Republic of Pakistan in the presence of Objectives Resolution, which clearly states that no law can be made against Islamic injunctions, we strive for the unjust system of majority vote. The electoral system in Pakistan should be such where weightage is given to the voters based on their education, character, social and moral standing etc, and the election commission should facilitate such arrangements where the elections are done taking full advantage of the modern information technology. Such an advice may seem like a far cry in local scenario but this is not entirely impossible in this space age.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=aariz;377928]Khilafa has a majlis shoora (A highly educated and scholarly body ), which suggests and reports the elected khalifa about the matters of the state. The Khalifa is elected by general consensus of the people.[/QUOTE]

Very well said brother...so tell me in current scenario with this political setup and crippled democracy in country how do you expect to contribute ? people say Imran khan is the ray of hope ? well he may be 'a jewel in the rough' but how do you expect him to deliver in such system ?

What should be our role in all this ? Some small parties do talk about Khilafat in Pakistan like Dr. Isrsr Ahmed (late) did, and many people even agree, but still point being where to start ? In my opinion Imran Khan has the best vision right now and is the best choice but still there is that part of liberalism and he truly believes in democracy in its true form (the one right now in Pakistan)...and his vision flows through out his party...so what then ?

You are absolutely right about the proposal of giving more weightage of vote to literate persons...but i suppose it also says more (muttaqi and practicing Muslims get more weightage)...who decides on that in current system...i think it all needs to be changed and replaced...there is no alternative...what do you say guys ?

Asgharstar Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:09 AM

today's Pakistan democracy doesn't transform the feeling of the nation , electoral body should be as such that the state missionary could did their best to pursue the longings , needs , and to meet their fundamental rights to live with dignity , express with freedom , earn with loyalty , learn without distinctions.

educated and well aware people could decide to whom we choose to run the states affairs ,and bring justice to their lives .
(revolution is the need of the day , to say no to existent system )
and review the setup in the light of holly 'Qur'an' and sunah ....

aariz Thursday, December 01, 2011 12:19 AM

[QUOTE=Muhammadian;377950]Very well said brother...so tell me in current scenario with this political setup and crippled democracy in country how do you expect to contribute ? people say Imran khan is the ray of hope ? well he may be 'a jewel in the rough' but how do you expect him to deliver in such system ?

What should be our role in all this ? Some small parties do talk about Khilafat in Pakistan like Dr. Isrsr Ahmed (late) did, and many people even agree, but still point being where to start ? In my opinion Imran Khan has the best vision right now and is the best choice but still there is that part of liberalism and he truly believes in democracy in its true form (the one right now in Pakistan)...and his vision flows through out his party...so what then ?

You are absolutely right about the proposal of giving more weightage of vote to literate persons...but i suppose it also says more (muttaqi and practicing Muslims get more weightage)...who decides on that in current system...i think it all needs to be changed and replaced...there is no alternative...what do you say guys ?[/QUOTE]

I, personally, want the rule of khilafa coz it is the ruling system has been suggested by the Holy Koran and definitely in the interest Muslims here in the world and hereafter.
Almost, all Muslim states are agreed to have khilafa system, but the problem lies in the selection of the khalifa and the khilafa city. Unfortunately, we Muslims are divided into several sects and hundred races. And, there is lack of consensus in the selection. Who to be selected and from which state Arabic or Pakistani, sunni or Shia?
Secondly, there is kingdom or dictatorship in most Muslim states, and they despotic rulers have their own personal interests, which are also main barriers on the road towards khilafa.
Thirdly, some progressive and liberal countries like Turkey, Malaysia and Indonesia are declined towards the Western democracy, and they want to yield the same Islamic governance benefits from the so-called democratic champions system, which is impossible.
Fourthly, 70% Muslim population is illiterate even they dont have much knowledge about their own religion except some topics. The political system of Islam and ideas about it are too far from the beyond the knowledge of a common Muslim man.
Fifthly, long dictatorship rules have deprived the Muslims of their benefits from the natural resources, and the people look towards the western's glimmer world, which attracts them and the oppressed people think that the western political system is the best.
Thus, in today's scenario, it is difficult to establish khilafa system because this great governance system needs collective efforts from many Muslim states, and once it set up, Muslims will rule over the world and everywhere there will be law of ALLAH on the land of ALLAH.
Regarding Imran khan's vision, he has highlighted to implement sharia principles in some disciplines, not completely. But, one thing is very positive and impressive that the Captain is follower of the ideology of Iqbal, and the great Iqbal were the amongst who patronized the khilafa and stood against the abolishers of the Usmania.
Regards

Rizwan Anwar Thursday, December 01, 2011 07:28 AM

will any body please tell me what are different systems og goverment?
what is khalifa system?

06:12 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.