Friday, March 29, 2024
02:30 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, October 20, 2006

thinking is on a distinguished road
Default The amount of HardWork (a request from seniors)

Salam to all,

Its really nice to see some senior members like Aamir Khattak helping us, May God help them in getting their objectives in life and after,,,,,,,,,

I just wanted to start this thread to have an idea of how much hard work is necessary to pass this bridge,,,,,,,,,,i mean CSS Exam,,,,,,

Although luck, determination, and well are important factors,,,,, but i think hardwork is perhaps the most important.

I would like all members who have taken the css exam (whether this year or before and no matter they have passed the exam or not) to send in reply of this thread, the number of hours they worked (study, making notes, etc), and the duration of their studies (in months of days). I personally think, it would help a lot the aspirants to judge theirselves and adjust their rountines accordingly,,,,,,,,

thanks and an Advanced Eid Mubarak,,,,,,,
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

@thinking

You've raised a very good question. I appeared in CSS 2006, unfortunately i coudn't pass the exam, but my performance in the passing subjects had been quite good. Well, as far a s hardwork is concerned, i think, it's alone nothing. For CSS one should have a spirit, determination, sincerity along with hard work. The required amount of Hard work may vary with the cognitive abilities of an individual, but the other factor i've mentioned are equally required for all those who are appearing in exam.

Let's see what others say.

Regards,

thinking is on a distinguished road

Thanks Qurrat for ur reply,,,,,,,,,

I agree with u that only hardwork is nothing without spirit, determination and well etc, something i had mentioned in my post,,,,,,,,,,

but my question is to share (for those who have taken the exam whether passed or not and whether this year or before)the amount of hard work (number of hours and duration in months and days),,,,,,,,so that the others could have an idea and that they could adjust their routine accordingly,,,,,,,

regards,
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough

I have not appear in css exam ever but i believe that one should study for at least 6 hours a day, watch TV (news, documentries) for 3 hours, use internet (studies stuff, news, etc) for 2 hours and discuss stuff for 2 hour. Thats all !

Regards
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinking
but my question is to share (for those who have taken the exam whether passed or not and whether this year or before)the amount of hard work (number of hours and duration in months and days),,,,,,,,so that the others could have an idea and that they could adjust their routine accordingly,,,,,,,
Dear, i've already mentioned but let me clarify now. The amount of hardwork depends on one's cognitive abilities. For instance one prepares a particular topic in one hour and the same topic may take two hours for another person to get done with it.

Well, now i'll tell you how much hardworking i've been in this regard. I started preparation four months prior to the exam and initially i used to have 3 hours study daily. (As i've been busy in my job and my academic studies as well so i could manage only this much time). And during the last month i stopped all other studies and gave full time to CSS exam prep (but i've been on job (only college, i left all tutions) even during exams,). It was all about my hardwork.

And yes, whether it's exam or not, i watch news for one hour daily.

Regards,
34th Commons
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: selected n css 2005,pakistan merit #70,NWFP 7Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

aamerkhattak will become famous soon enough

salam dears,

its not only hardwork that matters n css,4 me i thnk its combination of various factors harwork,guidence and offcourse luck that matters n very crusial timz.
its doesnt matter if some budy z stdying for hours n hours...........
believe me its ur own ability u cant compare wid others.
but i would say u can get inspiration from others the way they handles situations and manage thier timz.
for me i thnk
NO BUDY CAN SAY HE/SHE HAS ACHIEVED GOALS WID HARDWORK
RATHER ITS FROM SOME WHERE ELSE WHO DECIEDES.

THNKS

AAMER KHATTAK
34th Commons (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Merit 49 ......FSP...Punjab

Farhana Asif is on a distinguished road

Duration of Study:4 months

1 month for gathering material
1 month for going through the material, choosing topics for study
1 month for notes taking, jotting down the main points, etc
2 weeks break ... no study
1 month revision

Study Hours: 4-5 hours on average
Beginning from 1-2 hours in intial months and 7-8 hours in the later months.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farhana Asif For This Useful Post:
Adeel Afzal (Saturday, January 30, 2016), Arooj Goheer (Saturday, October 26, 2013), fais (Sunday, December 06, 2009)

muzammil is on a distinguished road

salam,i think duration of study is different for different persons.based on theur previous educational background,guidance,optionals.for example my friend who could not pass f.sc.he passed after his masters in english just after five months preparatio.so plz access yr ability.
Old Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sukkurian is on a distinguished road
Default key to success...!

Salam to everyone

I would like to appreciate Mrs. Qurrat regarding her ‘cognitive abilities’. That’s wonder, and I think very few souls have it, that if someone is doing ‘3 hours study’ a day and finds his/her name in the list of passers out. If that happens….. well… what can I say about…. That’s a pretty miracle!!!
Although, I does not have any prior experience regarding the preparation for the CSS examination but I know some of my acquaintances who spared whole of their time and commit to the preparation for the CSS examination sincerely. All of them burnt their mid night oil in order to leg behind others in the competition. And they did it!!!
Answer the question that why drop out ratio in the CSS examination has been hounding every year; last year it was 7 % and this year its 6.6 % and Allah knows what’s gonna be in 07. Presumably, the reason for such a colossal drop outs is that those who give ‘3 hours’ study or ‘schedule their study’ appear in the examination halls every year.
My contention, however, is that one ought not to go for ‘hour-based’ studies; rather one should concentrate on the quality of what they study, that matters in CSS, indeed. Furthermore, one should leave ‘extra activities’ and commit oneself sincerely to the preparation and keep up spirit and confidence, the prerequisites for success. Only then one can anticipate his/her name among the successful candidates of the examination even in the very first attempt. That’s all what I have learnt from my seniors. And that’s all what I wanted to share with all of you.

Regards,
N.A.M
Old Sunday, October 22, 2006
Islamabadian

Salute Sukkkarian,
Well u sound quite upto it.I also believe its not hour-game but comrehension-intelligence mystery.
Here we find many guiding but superfiicilly,its but gut's game.I agree with u guy..kp it up .
Regards