Friday, March 29, 2024
07:28 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, October 23, 2006

jsmawais is on a distinguished road
Angry Terrorism, terrorism : enough of it!

Wa alaikum as salam!

I have got sick of the word "terrorism" as used by media. I will soon start a thread on this issue to empower readers with enough material to refute this label pasted on us. My past experience shows that my detailed posts are read by only 1% of the total members!!! (approx.) So, I will try to be concise in the new thread. (Insha Allah)

One hot example: Osama Tape Confessing 9/11 was FAKE!

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.
Old Tuesday, October 24, 2006

fouzia is on a distinguished road
Default Teacher or Torturer

Salam
I Would like to add a few lines about the behaviour of teachers for women in hijab...
Teaching is very respectful job and teachers should be respected most...
I,m not saying that all teachers r not good with women in hijab....some r nice and they are impartial.But most teachers teaching classes of M.A or M.phil ,who i must say r ''modern minded''and r very much inspired by western philosophy are away from religion.......so women in hijab can,t win their respect........it becomes hard for them to propagate their seculiar views in presence of any girl in hijab.....so an environment of uneasiness is created....A point which is raised against such girls is that ''we can,t have an eyecontact with you''because of hijab......such remarks r not good .Another point is'' the girls wearing hijab don,t have confidence''
Tell me if such girl is not liked by teacher ,how can she show confidence in class???Sometimes such girls have to listen comments during the lacture if they donot say it openly.......Such teachers r not less than torturer for students who follow religion..In such environment she gets terrified as if she has commited some crime...and to study in such environment is nightmarish.
Atleast teachers should b impartial.....
Old Tuesday, October 24, 2006

hirass is on a distinguished road

hey hey jsmawais u r taking me wrong i mentioned in my post not the 100% but most of them do so by doing this act they bring 1st wrong name to girls in hijab then family then society then ststee then religion they r the ppl resposible for bringing bad name i knw w afew girls who say yaar hamara bhidil karta hai hum hijab lein cover our selves properly but the say such girls hav given such a bad repute to hijab ke letay huwe dar lagta ahi ke koi kia kahe ga dats my point thses acts discourage rather than to encourage ppl towards good deeds
Old Thursday, October 26, 2006

fatima3k is on a distinguished road

NON MUSLIM GIRLS IN VEIL...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/urdu/india/stor..._veil_sq.shtml
Old Friday, October 27, 2006
Islamabadian

I like u in veil more than i like u anywhere els.
Old Friday, October 27, 2006

Dritte Reich is on a distinguished road

Any islamic history folks out there?

As far as I know, historically, face covering started around the time of the Abbassid caliphs who were influenced by the Persians in this regard.

Equally there are many instances during the times of the prophet and early caliphs where certain women have been identified and referred to, in public, which would have been impossible had they been covering their faces.

fatwas aside, historically face covering is a relatively new story.
Old Saturday, October 28, 2006

Red face Lolz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dritte Reich
As far as I know, historically, face covering started around the time of the Abbassid caliphs who were influenced by the Persians in this regard.
LOLZ!!!!!

If you are non-Muslim, don't mind my attitude; I am mental.
But, if you are Muslim, I want to tell you clearly that face veil is proved from several ahadith. Hadrat Ayesha (RAA) covering face is well-known to almost everyone. Also read, Surah Ahzab (33), verse 56 (?)

According to Imam Shafi'i (RA), Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal (RA) & Imam Malik bin Anas (RA), face veil is compulsory. (As far as I know!)
According to Imam Abu Hanifah (RA) & other Hanafite scholars (RA), face veil is not obligatory inter se, but, becomes obligatory due to risk of fitna.

In view of almost all Hanafi scholars, tht time of Prophet (SAW) & Companions (RAA) was free of fitna ONLY. Therefore, they declare face veil to be obligatory (e.g. Shaami, Aalamgiri, etc.)
Dr. Zakir Naik says face veil is not compulsory, but, I think, even he would agree that it becomes obligatory due to fitna. He, thus, differs in his assessment of fitna. (Wallahu Aalam!)

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.

Post Errata

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmawais
Also read, Surah Ahzab (33), verse 56 (?)
Verse 59, not 56

Dritte Reich is on a distinguished road

@ jsmawais

lolz ? thats your educated response eh... right, well lets keep your judgmental "lolz" aside for a while and state the facts for a change:

1. I merely mentioned a historical recording of the inclusion of face veil in Muslim society, that has been well documented by historians. You may be tempted to challenge history itself, but do not dismiss my statement based on it without coming up with reasonable evidence.

My statement is reflected in most history books on Islam, and the research of Dr Ibrahim PhD on the subject supports it in the 4th para of this article http://www.irfi.org/articles/women_i...slam_hijab.htm

Feel free to pick up any other history book if you have the stomach for it.

2. I did not intend to get into the religious aspects of this topic, and I still dont intend to force-feed my opinions to anyone (unlike some of us here)...

My only observations are that you have not provided any concrete evidence of face covering. Please consult any tafsir/translation you wish regarding the ayats you mentioned. There is no mention of face covering. If there is do let us know.

If you are not averse to logic and research, pls read what Mr Ghamidi has to say about that http://www.al-mawrid.org/Content/Vie...?articleId=140

3. Without getting into controversies, I acknowledge the fact that many scholars have attempted to link face covering and ahadith/shariah. There are more views than one and I subscribe to the views of Mr Ghamidi and other noted scholars whereby the face covering of Mothers of the Believers (wives of the Prophet) was a special injunction towards their exalted status and modesty. Their research into the Ahadith notes this very connection, and not towards women other than them. Lord knows best.

4. Lastly, it is my sincere advice to people who may be tempted to display arrogance in the face of ignorance, to please expand your horizons. Keep an open mind and be tolerant towards other's opinions, especially in matters of faith. If you come across things that challenge your childhood madrassah knowledge, do not dismiss them off hand. You do not have to agree with it, but please have the courtesy to extend the intellectual respect that is due.

Last edited by Dritte Reich; Saturday, October 28, 2006 at 03:52 AM.

Smile Relax pal...

O brother Reich!
I come here after burning my brain in numerous other activities and therefore, couldn't invest much time for discussing things on forum. I come here in a cool, jolly state without any intent to discuss things seriously barring a few issues. I will try to do as much as I can in the limited amount of time available to me.

Quote:
1. I merely mentioned a historical recording of the inclusion of face veil in Muslim society, that has been well documented by historians. You may be tempted to challenge history itself, but do not dismiss my statement based on it without coming up with reasonable evidence.

My statement is reflected in most history books on Islam, and the research of Dr Ibrahim PhD on the subject supports it in the 4th para of this article http://www.irfi.org/articles/women_i...slam_hijab.htm

Feel free to pick up any other history book if you have the stomach for it.
I will answer this in conjunction with the second point:
Quote:
My only observations are that you have not provided any concrete evidence of face covering. Please consult any tafsir/translation you wish regarding the ayats you mentioned. There is no mention of face covering. If there is do let us know.
and also:
Quote:
I subscribe to the views of Mr Ghamidi and other noted scholars whereby the face covering of Mothers of the Believers (wives of the Prophet) was a special injunction towards their exalted status and modesty. Their research into the Ahadith notes this very connection, and not towards women other than them.
My reply to the historical recording argument will still be lolz... Don't worry! I am explaining why...

You know very well that the Qur'an was revealed in the period: 610 CE to 632 CE. During the Madni period, Surah Ahzab (33) was revealed, whose verse 59 reads as follows:-

O Prophet! (Peace be upon him) Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers (Arabic: Nisa'a-il-Momineen) to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies...

In Tafseer Ibn Kathir, two notable traditions are found:-

(1) `Ali bin Abi Talhah (RAA) reported that Ibn `Abbas (RAA) said that Allah (SWT) commanded the believing women, when they went out of their houses for some need, to cover their faces from above their heads with the Jilbab, leaving only one eye showing.

(2) Ibn Mas`ud, `Ubaydah, Qatadah, Al-Hasan Al-Basri, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Ibrahim An-Nakha`i, `Ata' Al-Khurasani and others also adhere to the view of Ibn Abbas (RAA).

(3) Muhammad bin Sirin said, "I asked `Ubaydah As-Salmani about this ayah i.e. the condition of Hijab. (To explain) he covered his face and head, with just his left eye visible (to see the path.)"

This is just a scarce amount of evidence in support of my view. I am neither a scholar nor do I have enough time.
Note right here that after verse 33:59 was revealed, all Muslim women started covering their faces. The wordings of the verse and relevant ahadith also prove this. Therefore, unless you consider these historical sources 'unreliable', it is proved beyond the shadow of doubt that the notion of covering face, was introduced into the very first & perfect Islamic society, by God Al-Mighty!

Quote:
If you are not averse to logic and research, pls read what Mr Ghamidi has to say about that http://www.al-mawrid.org/Content/Vie...?articleId=140
I haven't read it yet... I will read it soon (Insha Allah!) I know about Mr. Ghamidi and similar notable scholars (your words) like Dr. Fazlur Rehman, Dr. Tufail Hashmi, Dr. Muhammad Faarooq Khan, etc. In my honest assessment, all their research seems to be aimed at westernizing Islam. (Don't blow up! Stay cool!)

I like the concept of bringing our lives in accordance with the Quran and Sunnah, but, looking at the work of these people, it seems that they try to bring the Quran and Sunnah in accordance with their own lifes!!! (Wallahu Aalam!)

Quote:
I did not intend to get into the religious aspects of this topic
In my last post, I mentioned those things for other members.

Quote:
Lastly, it is my sincere advice to people who may be tempted to display arrogance in the face of ignorance
I am sorry if you feel that my last post contained arrogance. In my view, I was contributing smiles & laughters! Take it easy! Stay cool!

Quote:
Keep an open mind and be tolerant towards other's opinions, especially in matters of faith. If you come across things that challenge your childhood madrassah knowledge, do not dismiss them off hand. You do not have to agree with it, but please have the courtesy to extend the intellectual respect that is due.
If it is an Ijtihadi issue, I have no problem with difference of opinion. Face veil is an Ijtihadi issue, so I can swallow difference of opinion. But, Javed Iqbal & others saying that "wine is permissible in Islam" and that "there is no head scarf in Islam" or Qadiyanis claiming a new Prophet (Mal'oon), I will never accept it.
We will protect & preserve the true knowledge of Islam. IRI of Dr. Fazlur Rehman, in their Fikr-o-Nazr had claimed that a major portion of Sahih Bukhari and other hadith books is (Nauzubillah) sayings of Muhadditheen themselves! How could on earth any Muslim swallow such a thing?!

Again, stay cool! I come here with a cool mind!

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.