Tuesday, March 19, 2024
03:20 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, January 02, 2012

css2013 is on a distinguished road
Default How Can we bring change

This one Is the question that is frequently asked by people. It is In fact how can we bring such a hUge change ON the International level which remains as a Historical change. now a days Many people are trying to change country through telling their dreams and project they have, but how Is It possibe to bring change through politics. SInce 1947 Our country have been facing problem till today, NO One could change only they gave birth to corruption, Inequality, nepotism, Unemployment. So what do YOu thiNk which oNe is the Best way to bring "RevOlutioN"??
Old Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Roha Mustafa will become famous soon enoughRoha Mustafa will become famous soon enough
Default by changing mindset

people really want a change now .there is nothing happening in the country which lead the country towards the prosperity . people are supporting imran khan only because he has raised the right slogan at the right time which has touched the people's heart because they saw the terrific fruit of the efforts of Arab who brought down their corrupt regime. unfortunately people of Pakistan have always allowed every corrupt as well as autocratic ruler to rule them.
but finally they have assembled together to give a chance to imran khan and see what he can do before chanting slogans on the streets and start demonstration .

now coming to your question the only thing which can bring the change is changing our mindset ,to get up from slumber and to raise voice against every evil of Pakistani society .
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,807 Times in 836 Posts
Call for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by css2013 View Post
This one Is the question that is frequently asked by people. It is In fact how can we bring such a hUge change ON the International level which remains as a Historical change. now a days Many people are trying to change country through telling their dreams and project they have, but how Is It possibe to bring change through politics. SInce 1947 Our country have been facing problem till today, NO One could change only they gave birth to corruption, Inequality, nepotism, Unemployment. So what do YOu thiNk which oNe is the Best way to bring "RevOlutioN"??
The recipe of change is not structured in the garrisons of establishment, nor it is the phenomenon of selected few. Change takes place in the mind set of people, it is in the structure of society, it is in the system. To bring change we don’t have to change the faces of the rules in fact, we need to change the structure, formation and composition of the society, we need to change those institutions and norms which are creating problems for poor, which are making the classes of have and have nots in the society, which are strengthening the hegemony of Bourgeois and discrimination of Proletariats. The Imran Khan’s so called myth of change is leading the youth of Pakistan in a wrong direction and it totally negates the phenomenon of change. To bring change in our country we have to change ourselves. We have to play our part as active citizens , instead of blaming others we have to work hard and try to work for the betterment of our beloved country. As Faraz said

Shikwa-e-Zulmat-e-Shab sy Khain behtr tha
Apny hisay ki koi shama jalaty jatay!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Call for Change For This Useful Post:
css2013 (Sunday, January 08, 2012), Saleeqa Batool (Tuesday, January 03, 2012), Taimoor Gondal (Sunday, January 08, 2012)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call for Change View Post
The recipe of change is not structured in the garrisons of establishment, nor it is the phenomenon of selected few. Change takes place in the mind set of people, it is in the structure of society, it is in the system. To bring change we don’t have to change the faces of the rules in fact, we need to change the structure, formation and composition of the society, we need to change those institutions and norms which are creating problems for poor, which are making the classes of have and have nots in the society, which are strengthening the hegemony of Bourgeois and discrimination of Proletariats. The Imran Khan’s so called myth of change is leading the youth of Pakistan in a wrong direction and it totally negates the phenomenon of change. To bring change in our country we have to change ourselves. We have to play our part as active citizens , instead of blaming others we have to work hard and try to work for the betterment of our beloved country. As Faraz said

Shikwa-e-Zulmat-e-Shab sy Khain behtr tha
Apny hisay ki koi shama jalaty jatay!!
Excellent say, indeed. If we pragmatically analyse as to where our woes actually emanates from, we would realize that much of blame lies on ourselves. We are not tired of blaming others, especially our leaders for wreaking havoc with the citizenry.There is point in it. Our leaders -be they military Generals our democratically elected ones- left no stone UN turned to push the country towards decline. But what the citizenry it self did? Do we realize our responsibility as a citizen ?

We are a society where moral values are taken least care of.How many among-st us exercise the right of vote for best interest of country? When voters of an MNA or MPA want him to do favours for them in Thana , Katchehry by appointing SHO, Tehsildar etc of their choice , can such public representative take the risk of ignoring such demands? Why corrupt people make their way to assemblies?

Our Police Station , Patwar Kahanay, Katchries are centres of corruption. Just imagine a single patwari dealing with raound one million people demand bribe fearlessly? Why people dont stand against him? If just one percent people of the area of patwari stand against him, peacefully, he will find no room anywhere. Same hold true for SHO, DSP, AC , MPA and MNA.

So the real epicenter of change is nowhere else but we ourselves. Our Arab brethren has set precedence by rendering sacrifices of thousands of innocent lives against the brutal, oppressive regimes. We need much less than them. We just need a peaceful uprising as that of Anna Hazare in India.We have a democratic govt-though corrupt , inefficient and incapable but still it cant withstand public pressure. We can turn the weakness of the rulers in to opportunity for the people.
That said, the call for change will remain delusion until we change ourselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saleeqa Batool For This Useful Post:
Irtika (Tuesday, January 03, 2012)

roijen has a spectacular aura aboutroijen has a spectacular aura about

Computers.

Irtika will become famous soon enoughIrtika will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Change difficult but not impossible.

For any kind of change one should first look at present state; after all we want change because we are not happy with our present state. And for change in our country we should look carefully our beloved country. We are talking about change in the country which we can say is hard country. Let’s look at present state of this hard country.

Hard in the sense where its people have forgotten that its founder made commitment for a secular Pakistan.
Hard in the sense where true becomes false and false becomes true.
Hard in the sense where people are killed without apparent reason.
Hard in the sense where wrong history is being taught in schools and colleges.
Hard in the sense where people do not believe in reason but believe in blaming others.
Hard in the sense where majority of people are bigot.
Hard in the sense where our people not only killing our own people but also killing others across the border.
Hard in the sense where Hero Ajmal Kasab ae utay Abdul Salam nu puchda be koe nae.
Hard in the sense where our country is always vulnerable to dictatorship.
Hard in the sense where terrorism was sued in minds rather than education.
Hard in the sense that we 1st had chosen command of superpower with our wrong policies.
Hard in the sense where media is so powerful n selective but not free.
Hard in the sense where only those issues become important whom media select.
Hard in the sense where freedom of expression is here but not freedom after expression.
Hard in the sense where no democratic govt. completed five years.
Hard in the sense where institutions cross their constitutional limits.
Hard in the sense where judiciary only hearing selective cases.
Hard in the sense where everyone talks more about threat on sovereignty but do not talk about internal threats.
Hard in the sense where population is growing too fast without keeping in mind that, resources are limited.
Hard in the sense where only corruption is being perceived 0NLY real problem.
And list goes on..............

By keeping above realities in mind.........
Can we say that here change is easy??
Can we say that only change will come by electing on person??

For positive change in our country we need positive inputs from every individual.
Change in education: (investment in real asset)
It is only the standard of education which can tell more about the future of a country.
We need more %tag of allocation of our GDP for education. Right education from primary level to PhD can really make difference. Through right kind of education one can judge about the right and wrong.
Teachers should give lessons of peace, harmony, tolerance to little minds rather than intolerance. Incentive should be given to poor students that they can also receive their universal right. We need to change our education system by inculcating updated and right things in our books. There should not be much gap between public and private education.
For this we need input from intellectuals from all walks of life.
We should invest more in research and development which can really solve various problems raging from energy to economy.

Investment in health service:
Only health is real wealth of a nation. Only a healthy and education individual can make contribution for the development of our country.

Democracy is only system which is good for us.
Unfortunately our country yet didn’t experience the process of democracy. In our country every time this process gets interrupted. It is not revolution but evolution. In this process if one does not deliver then other gets chance so this process continues and improves. With education and health people will become able to judge between right and wrong. For this we should stand against dictatorship each time.

Control in population:
So who is responsible?? Only Common people due to lack of awareness and education.

Balochistan issue:
We should also fight for the right of our brethren that they do not feel alienated. Warna hum aik din bohet bachtein gay.

Making Secular Pakistan:
As committed by our founder.

At the end………Change is difficult but not impossible……….
Every institution, every citizen is responsible and must play its due role.
And responsibilities also remain on our own shoulders.
aj tak tota nahen kasf fariyad say.

azeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura aboutazeegum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by css2013 View Post

Change

To start with the discussion let us define what is change?
It is to adopt to the new ways of the world, moving out of comfort-zone to keep going smoothly.

Talking about change on a larger scale, change of mindsets, behaviours and attitudes is the real change that can make a difference.
They say charity begins at home. To bring a change in a society, you have to change yourself first.

Change is a tough choice, but it has to take place

Howmany times you have wanted to help someone else change their ways only to find that they keep moving on in the same direction and with the same attitudes and behaviours? You can put forward as many rational arguments as you want but still the same old same old.
Take for example, a person who keeps doing the same job over and over again despite the need to adopt new or more effective ways to get the job done. What is the reason for this lack of adaptation? One reason is that they are deeply embedded in their comfort-zone because that way has always worked for them. To ask them to adopt a new method of working requires them to leave their comfort-zone and to take a risk they might not be able to adopt the new procedure without making a mistake. Now if the person does not adopt the new procedures, he will lag behind. So change is tough though, but it has to take place in this or that fashion, just to keep yourself going in sync with the world.

Willingness is 'sine qua non' for a change

Willing is important for a change. If you want to help someone change, they must be willing to change. If they do not want to change it is the same thing as leading a horse to water. You can get the horse there but you can make it drink unless the horse itself wants it.

Pakistan needs change

Change can be both positive and negative. Pakistan unfortunately needs positive change to take place.
The people of Pakistan have developed bad trend of blaming the system and their leaders without looking into their own collars. But as a matter of fact, the debacle Pakistan faces today is the legacy of our own wrong doings. When we blame our leaders we should not forget that it is our nation who elected them. We equally share the responsibility for everything that our country is facing. A Quranic verse clearly explains this fact "as the nation so the leaders".
Similarly systems cannot be blamed since the human make systems.
Pakistan as a nation perhaps lacks willingness to change, except only a small segment of our educated society.
We are so deeply embedded in our comfort-zones that when it comes to practice we fail to deliver. All we do is to talk about change and that is how we end up at the end of day. This attitude of ours have resulted in the scourge of terrorism, unemployment, high crime rate, injustice, looting, corruption and many other evils which are germane to the same.
Our neighbouring country India which got independence just the day after Pakistan's, has gone a way ahead of us in every walk of life but we stay way behind comparatively. So much so, Bangladesh the country which got independence from Pakistan is going great guns. But unfortunately Pakistan despite having all kinds of resources lags behind today's world in a shameful way.
We need to change individually to accommodate ourselves to today's world without delinking ourselves from our actual identity. Change on individual level will permeate in all parts of society which in result bring change on collective level. There isn't otherwise any possibility of change.

Concluding on the issue a story of an old man is worth sharing here.
The old man says:

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change the nation. When I found I could not change the nation, I begin to focus on my town. I could not change town as an older man, I tried to change my family. Now as an old man I realize that only thing I can change is myself and suddenly I realized that if long ago I had changed myself I could have made an effect on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. The impact could have changed the nation and this way I could have changed the whole world.

Phew!
Regards
css2013 (Monday, January 09, 2012)
Old Sunday, January 08, 2012

css2013 is on a distinguished road

ThAenX frIenDz, It ReaLLy remaIned A Tremendous Discussion and In fact first of all we have to change ourselves. One a Philosopher said, "When I was In a GreAt mood to change the world so thought to change myself" so the Best way is to change ourselves in everyfield where we are lacked. OUr education system is tollaly ruined, it has no support to the great extent. cOPy culture and Influence of teachers in these types of moments is lamentable. ONly we have to believe in ourselves that is "KHUDi".

memuna is on a distinguished road

the first thing that appeared in my mind after reading ur question was

UTH BANDH KAMAR KYA DARTA HAI
PHIR DEKH KHUDA KYA KARTA HAI

at this time we really need to take the step and come in to the action....not only sit and discuss
SaLman Sardar (Sunday, January 08, 2012)

SaLman Sardar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by memuna View Post
the first thing that appeared in my mind after reading ur question was

UTH BANDH KAMAR KYA DARTA HAI
PHIR DEKH KHUDA KYA KARTA HAI

at this time we really need to take the step and come in to the action....not only sit and discuss
Thats the best answer to this question.
we can only bring change by doing something and not just sitting and gossiping in our drawing rooms and on these forums. we have to show something practically.
yay discussions to humary politicians bhi itnay decades say kar rahay hain paar mila kya :-)
so,No more discussion only Action.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaLman Sardar For This Useful Post:
memuna (Sunday, January 08, 2012)