Friday, March 29, 2024
03:47 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, April 23, 2012

khan Shaheer is on a distinguished road
Default How to solve Siachen dispute?

Dear mates, let us start here the discussion about Siachen disupute. How would Pak-Ind solve this issue?

prince93 is on a distinguished road

simply be negotiations....Both countries should call off their troops from respective areas....

omarhanif will become famous soon enough
Negotiation is the only way to resolve the problem.

However, the stubborn attitude of India is the only cause of pending disputes between both the countries. India initiated this issue by deploying its troops in a territory where simply life cannot sustain. No grass, no animal, no bird can survive there.

You can bring such a unregenerate and obstinate to negotiation table only when there is a mutuality of position in both the sides. Lets build Pakistan on such strong footing that its voice be considered of importance in the global perspective.

We do not know the exact military and strategic reasons due to which both the countries have been keeping their armies in Siachin since 1984. So it is not possible to assume that both the countries will agree to withdrawal of the troops immidiately.

Still, we can assume that incidents like Gyari Sector tragedy might open the doors of negotiation and dialogue in near future.

Regards
The One (Sunday, April 29, 2012)

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Simple solution is that both Pak and india should send back their troops to the 1983 position.This is also what PAK persists on.

But indian's perspective on the issue is that the dipute should be resolved on the basis of "Ground realities" i.e the present position of both the armies in siachen should be taken as the international border line between the two countries.

An interesting point worth mentioning here is that it is believed that indian politicians are willing to compromise and accept the solution given by PAK but indian army is a hurdle in this regard.

I read somewhere that Indian army is already 60 km inside PAK's territory in siachen.
Old Tuesday, April 24, 2012

khan Shaheer is on a distinguished road

Here we should also elaborate the reasons that why the both countries are keeping their armies in Siachen..

The current conflict over Siachen Glacier is part of the bitter, unresolved dispute between Pakistan and India over Kashmir - a dispute which dates back to the independence of the two states in Agust 1947 as a result of the partition of the Indian sub-continent based on Muslim and Hindu majority populations. The Siachen issue arose over the interpretation of the precise direction of the line of control beyond grid point NJ 9842 as it turns through the ice-covered area of northern Kashmir. In the Karachi Agreement (27 July 1949), it was specified that the line would move "north to the glaciers" from Khor, the last identified location.

The Siachen glacier is the highest battleground on earth, where India and Pakistan have fought intermittently since April 13, 1984. Both countries maintain permanent military presence in the region at a height of over 6,000 metres (20,000 ft). More than 2000 people have died in this inhospitable terrain, mostly due to weather extremes and the natural hazards of mountain warfare.

The Indian army controls all of the 70 kilometres (43 mi) long Siachen Glacier and all of its tributary glaciers, as well as the three main passes of the Saltoro Ridge immediately west of the glacier Sia La, Bilafond La, and Gyong Lathus holding onto the tactical advantage of high ground.

The Pakistanis control the glacial valley just five kilometers southwest of Gyong La. The Pakistanis have been unable get up to the crest of the Saltoro Ridge, while the Indians cannot come down and abandon their strategic high posts.

The line between where Indian and Pakistani troops are presently holding onto their respective posts is being increasingly referred to as the Actual Ground Position Line (AGPL).

Now come to the strategical reasons that why India wants to be there and why its obligation for Pakistan to protect Siachen. As Siachen Glacier is an integral part of Baltistan, a region in Pakistan's Northern Areas, Pakistan responded quickly to forestall Indian agression and foil the Indian attempt at using the passes over glacier to invade and occupy more territory. The Indian occupation of Siachen Glacier also threatens the Karakoram Highway (the old "Silk Route"), which is a major road linking Pakistan to China at the Khunjerab Pass. By its strong resolve and determination Pakistan has thus prevented future Indian aggression in the region. For Pakistan Siachen is much important strategically. This strategical significance of Siachen is the also the reason for India to invade.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khan Shaheer For This Useful Post:
IrfanShahid (Thursday, May 17, 2012), The One (Sunday, April 29, 2012)

sidogar is on a distinguished road

To solve this dispute, India must take initiate because the dispute started by Indian Army in 1984 actually. And political leaders of both countries need to sit for table talk for the solution of the problem. As they started the dispute first so we (Pakistan Army) have to defend her country at any cost. If we initiate, the result will be same as we faced at the time of kargil dispute and they will definitely advantage the situation.
tasalpha (Tuesday, May 29, 2012)
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

I am sorry to say this but its true that like the Kashmir issue, Siachen issue is impossible to resolve until India is stronger than Pakistan. If we want to gain better results of negotiations at first we will have to improve our economy and law and order situation internally. Its a long process.....................
Old Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I am really sorry to say that How India is more strong than Us (Pakistan)? In my view the strength of a country can be judge by the the moral courage or courage of the masses. I have personal experience that the Hindus of India who are in the majority in strength there, having such a lack of the same courage. I am using the courage word just in accordance with the discussion topic. They are less strong than us. When the feet of cat burnt, they press her own child under her feet. in the same manner when India become helpless, she run towards supreme power of the world.

Another very important factor which normally we ignored is that China friendship and influence about the siachen nexus. Have any one consider it from this angle that why China is our friend, not friend but a very close friend of us after Sino-India war 1962.

Last edited by Shooting Star; Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: merged
Old Thursday, April 26, 2012
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidogar View Post
I am really sorry to say that How India is more strong than Us (Pakistan)? In my view the strength of a country can be judge by the the moral courage or courage of the masses. I have personal experience that the Hindus of India who are in the majority in strength there, having such a lack of the same courage. I am using the courage word just in accordance with the discussion topic. They are less strong than us. When the feet of cat burnt, they press her own child under her feet. in the same manner when India become helpless, she run towards supreme power of the world.

Another very important factor which normally we ignored is that China friendship and influence about the siachen nexus. Have any one consider it from this angle that why China is our friend, not friend but a very close friend of us after Sino-India war 1962.
my dear fellow you can't fight a war with mere courage in front of heavy weapons and stronger economy......
don't be over optimistic plz...
and about the friendship with china then keep it in mind that among nations there is nothing like friendship its just mutual interest...
it is not in the interest of China to get into the war with regional aswel as superpowers....
if it would not have been the case then China shouldn't have backed down the financing of Pak-Iran gas pipeline.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sabahatbhutta For This Useful Post:
Invincible (Thursday, April 26, 2012), IrfanShahid (Thursday, May 17, 2012), Muhammad T S Awan (Thursday, May 17, 2012)
Old Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
my dear fellow you can't fight a war with mere courage in front of heavy weapons and stronger economy......
don't be over optimistic plz...
and about the friendship with china then keep it in mind that among nations there is nothing like friendship its just mutual interest...
it is not in the interest of China to get into the war with regional aswel as superpowers....
if it would not have been the case then China shouldn't have backed down the financing of Pak-Iran gas pipeline.
Dear how will you convince me with strong economy argue? America claims so though she is not now strong economically. She claims the super power of the world, but despite the facts has she won the war in Iraq and Afghanistan yet. what is the Ratio of success from since 2001. Then tell me what are the facts of heavy weapons and strongest economy? All these thing i am saying, as i have personal experience. Will any american citizen have courage to blow himself up with IED's. No dear actual fact is courage. On the contrary, i will explain my point of view with facts, but before me re-consider / examine the china interest. look and examine critically by watch geographical location of the border at map.