Tuesday, April 16, 2024
07:18 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, June 08, 2012

Nazi Orakzai will become famous soon enough
Default ...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainuddin Kibzai View Post
The two latest toppers.
2009 Topper --- a repeater.
2011 Topper --- a repeater
A matter of.......??????
It is up to you guys to decide and comment.
I am talking in General. So, plz no harsh comments.

The way I think the objection can be properly handled is as follows:
Certain %age of the total marks should be deducted from the candidates who appear for the second time. Higher %age of marks should be deducted if he is taking the exam for the 3rd time.
It is also a rule for the students aspiring to take admission in any medical college.
The older you get, the higher %age of marks are deducted from your marks obtained.
Similarly, a CSP who is to aspire for a better group should be deducted certain %age of marks from.
This is how I think the FPSC can make amend.
It will give some heart to the novice aspirants.
Regards,
Ainuddin Kibzai.
Childish amendments from your side..... Repeater or a tri-peater makes no difference....you have three golden chances....Now its upto you either you do it in first or second or may be third chance....
The Following User Says Thank You to Nazi Orakzai For This Useful Post:
Ainuddin Kibzai (Thursday, June 14, 2012)

omarhanif will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Island View Post
Sad to see that more and more incompetent competitors are getting into CSS.
Quote:
You have got me wrong. I havent labelled them (the toppers and repeaters) incompetent. Incompetent are those who want to succeed in the absence of competitors. Its a competitive examination and every eligible candidate has the right to compete.

I do not feel good to say here that your arguments are not strong enough.
Ainuddin has just forwarded his opinion and I don't think he deserved the label of incompetent competitor.

I am sure you know that CSS is not the only competitive exam in Pakistan. Entry tests for medical and engineering colleges are also competitive and so are the tests for selection in Armed Forces for commissioned officers, called ISSB.

In all these tests, repeaters are certainly put to some disadvantage. I cannot state its exact reasons but one thing is sure; They want to take something from your score because you have gained some experience (which the fresh candidates do not possess and which one might apply to stand out).

You are one of the 4-5 people on this forum whose writing had inspired me to join it. You know, guests can access all the threads and they can copy anything informative. But here, your comments are hurting and I feel sorry for ainuddin. He had the right to state his argument. All of us have the right to invalidate his argument through our criticism but not by insulting him right away.

Please don't mind my discussion ... I am sure you understand what I am getting at.

Royal Queen of Literature
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModGold Medal: Awarded to those members with  maximum number of  reputation points. - Issue reason: For the year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2008Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: More than 5 years of dedicated servicesModerator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Thanked 15,848 Times in 5,006 Posts
Last Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardom

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarhanif View Post

I do not feel good to say here that your arguments are not strong enough.
Ainuddin has just forwarded his opinion and I don't think he deserved the label of incompetent competitor.

Its not him alone. For last few days, many people (or unsuccessful candidates) are saying the same thing and they all fall in the same category, believe it or not. If they believe that repeating is not a right thing, they, too, should not appear next year to try their luck again.

omarhanif will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
...... they, too, should not appear next year to try their luck again.

Yes, this is the valid point now.

Thanks for not minding .... I really respect you a lot.

Axad is on a distinguished road
Default He was a repeater

As a young man, Abraham Lincoln went to war as captain and
returned a private.
Afterwards, he was a
failure as a businessman.
As a lawyer in Springfield,
he was too impractical and temperamental to be a
success. He turned to
politics and was defeated
in his first try for the
legislature, again defeated
in his first attempt to be nominated for congress,
defeated in his application
to be commissioner of the
General Land Office,
defeated in the senatorial
election of 1854, defeated in his efforts for the vice-
presidency in 1856, and
defeated in the senatorial
election of 1858. At about
that time, he wrote in a
letter to a friend, "I am now the most miserable
man living.
Finally, He became most successful U.S president of all times.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Axad For This Useful Post:
game on (Sunday, June 10, 2012), Maroof Hussain Chishty (Friday, June 08, 2012), Tehman Khan (Tuesday, May 21, 2013)

Greatniazi is on a distinguished road

instead of being envious of their success,we should appreciate their efforts and achievements. we should be candor enough to accept the results. dr fahad is by no mean an incompetent or charlaton , he is a kemcolian ( KEMC- those who have interest in medical would be knowing that king Edward Medical College is a dream for every student who opt bio in FSc) and he succeeded in his last two attempts as well). so we should congratulate those who succeeded and wish wish very best of luck to those who couldnt for the next attempt. they can climb the top of the list as these toppers did. thanx
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarhanif View Post

I am sure you know that CSS is not the only competitive exam in Pakistan. Entry tests for medical and engineering colleges are also competitive and so are the tests for selection in Armed Forces for commissioned officers, called ISSB.
Not sure about ISSB but for medical and engineering college tests marks are not deducted for repetitive attempts but for the number of years delayed after passing intermediate. I mean agar aap ne 2012 main inter kia magar aap entry test main 2012 ke bajaye 2014 main appear huey to bhale aap kaa first attempt ho aap disadvantage pe honge . ISSB main repeat pe disadvantage is liye hai ke ISSB ke standard test har attempt main taqriban aik jaise hote hain, to jis ne first attempt lia hua hai woh ziada tayar hota hai aur us ke chances barh jaate hain, CSS main aisa nahin hai, har baar paper change hote hain

tyre is on a distinguished road

once i accompanied some one in ETEA test and for an instance it did come to my mind that the new comers should be allowed to compete amongst themselves. it would be injustice that the one who has failed is not allowed to sit again for an examination , but then one should keep in mind that the fresh candidates had lesser time for preparation and no experience of previous attempts , perhaps a separate quota should be kept for them
The Following User Says Thank You to tyre For This Useful Post:
Ainuddin Kibzai (Saturday, June 09, 2012)

ouneeb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You have got me wrong. I havent labelled them (the toppers and repeaters) incompetent. Incompetent are those who want to succeed in the absence of competitors. Its a competitive examination and every eligible candidate has the right to compete.
well you are right then. people take css as a shortcut to power and success what i have learn t is css is a profession and even after preparing hard there is no guarantee that you will succeed its a mixture of different things and you have to get everything right. and to face competition is a part of it.
P.S your wordings were a little harsh
The Following User Says Thank You to ouneeb For This Useful Post:
Ainuddin Kibzai (Saturday, June 09, 2012)
Royal Queen of Literature
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModGold Medal: Awarded to those members with  maximum number of  reputation points. - Issue reason: For the year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2008Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: More than 5 years of dedicated servicesModerator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Thanked 15,848 Times in 5,006 Posts
Last Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouneeb View Post
P.S your wordings were a little harsh
Cold hard facts cannot be sugar coated.
Closed Thread