Thursday, April 18, 2024
09:44 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, June 24, 2012

assassin007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarwar Khokhar View Post
In 1947, Israel’s founder, David Ben Gurion sent a telegram to Muhammad Ali Jinnah in an attempt to establish diplomatic relations with Pakistan. The telegram was initially ignored and to date, Pakistan still refuses to recognise Israel as a state.

Ben Gurion was allegedly quoted in The Jewish Chronicle in 1967 on his view of Pakistan:

The world Zionist movement should not be neglectful of the dangers of Pakistan to it. And Pakistan now should be its first target, for this ideological state is a threat to our existence. And Pakistan, the whole of it, hates the Jews and loves the Arabs. This lover of the Arabs is more dangerous to us than the Arabs themselves. For that matter, it is most essential for the world Zionism that it should now take immediate steps against Pakistan.

Whereas the inhabitants of the Indian peninsula are Hindus whose hearts have been full of hatred towards Muslims, therefore, India is the most important base for us to work from against Pakistan. It is essential that we exploit this base and strike and crush Pakistanis, enemies of Jews and Zionism, by all disguised and secret plans.

This famous quote has never been verified and many Israeli academics dispute its authenticity. However, it is a well-known fact that Israel is not favoured by Pakistan. If you don’t believe me, just take a look at the recent blog published on The Express Tribune about Israel.

Over the years, I have heard many arguments regarding the Palestine-Israel conflict. From holding Hamas and Fatah accountable for internal bickering between the West Bank and Gaza Strip, to blaming all Arabs for being arrogant towards south-east Asians as a whole – therefore the Palestinians deserve the unrest and the injustice. And above all the arguments is the one that takes the lead; Jews have the biblical right to a land that was promised to them by God.
To explain these reasons to a Palestinian living off UN handouts in a refugee camp in Lebanon or Jordan would be an insult and borderline insensitive. Imagine having your culture and livelihood taken from you and being expelled from your land. Or, to be degraded daily by the Israel Defence Force in checkpoints strewn across the occupied West Bank and have your child shot by Israeli extremist settlers in Nablus.

Human rights violations are rife despite Israel portraying itself as the beacon of freedom in the eyes of the international community. Israel would have you believe that Palestinians are all terrorists and it’s only defending its citizens from suicide bombers and Islamic extremists.

The reality however is very different.

There is a wide misconception that the clash over the holy land is solely between Muslims and Jews. There are over 300,000 Palestinian Christians in the disputed territories, along with many more living abroad. They too are discriminated against equally as their Muslim counterparts. Israel uses sophisticated lobbying from institutions such as the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) to portray Palestine as the aggressor.

Then comes the question, ‘Would it be in Pakistan’s interest to recognise Israel, like countries who already have such as Egypt and Jordan?’

If not for economic stability, then maybe to increase its list of allies?

I would have to say no.

Not because of the Muslims versus Jews debate, or the ties many people have to the third most holiest site in Islam, Al-Aqsa Mosque, but based more on a human level.

If it was the other way around and Palestinians were occupying a land by killing innocent civilians and begrudging them their basic human rights in the 21st century, I would reiterate my decision regardless of religion or race.

We cannot let our names represent an apartheid regime and ethnic cleansing of Palestinian people. We should push for peace in one of the most complex conflicts of our time, and simultaneously hold Israel accountable for its actions – something which the UN repeatedly fails to do.

I must also emphasise that I’m not anti-semetic and I don’t agree that Jews are our enemies either. Zionism and Judaism are two very different concepts. To simplify things, all monotheistic beliefs are from the same maker which renders the fight over religion pointless; hate will only brew more hate.

This is a fight for human rights who everyone has the right to defend.

Pakistan itself has a tainted slate when it comes to human rights. But it wouldn’t get any closer to making amends by forming an alliance with Israel either. And as for improving Pakistan’s image externally, well maybe we should focus on procuring a change from within first and then worry about what image others have of us.

Express Tribune Blogs
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance." Wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither Protector nor helper against Allah. (Surah Al Baqarah) "Quran says that they will never become your friends and they will never be in our favor in any sense. And we actually don't need them. . .They have killed thousand's of Muslims in Palestine and capturing their land inch by inch on daily basis. Palestine has become world's biggest jail, they are trapped into their own land. . .wow!! They are Zionist's and they can never become friends of us. . So it's useless to think over it. . . Jinnah's decision was very much correct. Else 7 days war is the biggest example of those Muslims states who tried to let Palestine get independence from Israel so that later on they themselves divide it into shares. .

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukt View Post
Hassan02 : I'd rather go to hell for being secular than JANNAH being a fanatic :P
Haha, nice to meet you secular brother! :P

BTW, here's the English translation of a poem by Allama Iqbal about mullahs:

When in a vision I saw
A mullah ordered to paradise,
Unable to hold my tongue,
I said something in this wise:

‘Pardon me, O Lord,
For these bold words of mine,
But he will not be pleased
With the houris and the wine.

He loves to dispute and fight,
And furiously wrangle,
But paradise is no place
For this kind of jangle.

His task is to disunite
And leave people in the lurch,
But paradise has no temple,
No mosque and no church.’

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarraar View Post
Your argument is totally invalid because if we accept your ideology then all the INDEPENDENTS MOVEMENTS all over the world are wrong.
And we should be worried about our Muslim Brothers according to the preaching of Islam

My dear sir, I only said that the land now belong to the Israelis. It is pointless to argue about who owned it before.

assassin007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan02 View Post
My dear sir, I only said that the land now belong to the Israelis. It is pointless to argue about who owned it before.
Sighhhhhhhh. . . . Waiting for another salah uddin Ayubi. . . or the final guardian Imam Mehdi A.S. . . Let the time come then these Israeli's will better come to know what we muslims are. . .
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif3531 View Post
@Mukt: I'm afraid that these lines would be analysed by a common man in different way. It speaks volume of your doubts towards ISLAM! I am not sure, but these are having some hidden meanings.
For the sake of argument and to please you let's agree that I am not even a Muslim, Then, Is there any rule that says that non-muslims are not allowed on this forum or is there any article in the constitution which stops one from being secular or restricts freedom of speech?

HASSAN02 : haha, Great dude! Lovely poem By iqbal and you quoted it at a very appropriate time.