CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Democracy Vs Dictatorship for Pakistan (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/66763-democracy-vs-dictatorship-pakistan.html)

TheWaqas Wednesday, August 08, 2012 02:20 AM

Democracy Vs Dictatorship for Pakistan

Dear all,
please give you views about it statistically and logically with solid reasons.

nadia ahmed Wednesday, August 08, 2012 03:11 AM

we believe worst form of democracy is better than dictatorship.we have almost forty years of dictatorship in our country and the results are quite gloomy.actually what happen in dictatorship basic human rights are suppressed.it looks like economy is boosting up but as the autocratic rule changes,the bubble bursts and the gdp falls.whenever dictator rules the country ,he weakens the institutions of the country,the image of the country drops down and interests of the country are badly affected.
kindly heighlight my mistakes.
regards

alihashmatkhoso Wednesday, August 08, 2012 03:20 AM

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCEpgBuwBdZlLa3I688LvYhDB_J2CJU11hwer5JBWqeWKdBO52[/IMG]

Ali Mallah Wednesday, August 08, 2012 03:22 AM

[QUOTE=nadia ahmed;463919]we believe worst form of democracy is better than dictatorship.we have almost forty years of dictatorship in our country and the results are quite gloomy.actually what happen in dictatorship basic human rights are suppressed.it looks like economy is boosting up but as the autocratic rule changes,the bubble bursts and the gdp falls.whenever dictator rules the country ,he weakens the institutions of the country,the image of the country drops down and interests of the country are badly affected.
kindly heighlight my mistakes.
regards[/QUOTE]

All four dictators pushed Pakistan towards the war or situation of war Ayoob Khan 1965, Yahya Khan 1971, Zia Afghan war, Mushraf war of terrorism which should have never happened with our country. Do you know how much loss economy of country faces in single day of war? Can you estimate? I think we can't quote such figure. This has been dilemma of our country that USA always supported our dictators because they put forward the agenda of america hence they were given huge financial support to make the people silent by having a bit facilities. Human rights, Media, Judiciary, Political System, Bureaucracy all were planted, then how one can think that dictatorship is better.

TheWaqas Wednesday, August 08, 2012 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=Ali Mallah;463922]All four dictators pushed Pakistan towards the war or situation of war Ayoob Khan 1965, Yahya Khan 1971, Zia Afghan war, Mushraf war of terrorism which should have never happened with our country. Do you know how much loss economy of country faces in single day of war? Can you estimate? I think we can't quote such figure. This has been dilemma of our country that USA always supported our dictators because they put forward the agenda of america hence they were given huge financial support to make the people silent by having a bit facilities. Human rights, Media, Judiciary, Political System, Bureaucracy all were planted, then how one can think that dictatorship is better.[/QUOTE]

do you ever realize that dictatorship works better than democracy in our country ?

If we collect the complete data from independence about the developments and building basic structure of our country then you easily find the difference. Lets start from independence share tell me what is the progress of Pakistan in democratic rule ?

sabahatbhutta Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=TheWaqas;463989]do you ever realize that dictatorship works better than democracy in our country ?

If we collect the complete data from independence about the developments and building basic structure of our country then you easily find the difference. Lets start from independence share tell me what is the progress of Pakistan in democratic rule ?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Democracy was given a chance in our country after 23 years of independence, at a time when Pakistan was not that Pakistan which Quaid-e-Azam gave us.
During those 23 years tell me was Pakistan a paradise to live in?
[/SIZE]

Call for Change Wednesday, August 08, 2012 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=TheWaqas;463989]do you ever realize that dictatorship works better than democracy in our country ?

If we collect the complete data from independence about the developments and building basic structure of our country then you easily find the difference. Lets start from independence share tell me what is the progress of Pakistan in democratic rule ?[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][SIZE="3"]Dictatorships worked better in Pakistan because Zia and Musharraf fought the proxy wars of US and in return they received huge amount of dollars. After fulfilling its agendas US left and the democratic regimes had to face the music of chaos, aid cuts, sanctions and deteriorating economy. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

shallowwater Wednesday, August 08, 2012 04:46 PM

Democracy is best for Pakistan if it is allowed to function without any hindrance. At the moment the judiciary is crossing its limits and that could harm the system. For democracy to flourish properly it is necessary that the process continues without any disruption. If Prime Ministers are sent home like this then the system is in serious danger.

mohsinali303 Wednesday, August 08, 2012 05:04 PM

"i may oppose to what you say but i shall defend to death your right to say it"
this is the real definition of democracy.in pakistan democracy is best for development and change.dictatorship is not solution for Pakistan,during every dictatorship regime pakis suffered a lot.although our democratic regimes were also not very impressive,but democracy is slow process and can be moved towards betterment slowly.while in dictatorship there is no improvement.
for better pakistan we have to support democracy.

mhmmdkashif Wednesday, August 08, 2012 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=shallowwater;464161]Democracy is best for Pakistan if it is allowed to function without any hindrance. At the moment the judiciary is crossing its limits and that could harm the system. For democracy to flourish properly it is necessary that the process continues without any disruption. If Prime Ministers are sent home like this then the system is in serious danger.[/QUOTE]

There are other hindrances as well. Even if judiciary, military and other un-elected centers of power work within their limits, still present parliamentary republican form of government, as it exists in Pakistan, will not be able to deliver anything and they will crawl into others' (judiciary etc) space. It is not easy to separate state and politics in Pakistan because Pakistani is a deeply divided and backward society and each division is firmly entrenched in people's minds. You need a more controlled form of democracy that can separate state and politics, and for that you need new institutions which might sound monarchy like :dd.

10:55 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.