Thursday, April 25, 2024
06:29 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Moon is on a distinguished road

No one is 100% right,the situation that he handle after 9/11 is very disturbing.His most of polices are praise worthy and it is not only his duty to do every thing,we are also part of this country.We should play our role in progress of our country
Old Wednesday, December 20, 2006

eijaz is on a distinguished road

Internationally Mushraff will not be remeberd as a leader and in the pakistan's history he has role and he will be written in history books . No doubt pakistan has advaced in development sector but pakistan has effect of region also . British rulers here applied one rule "Dive and rule" and he is following same rule in his Govt: for national issues He is interested in power not in country or welfare of pakistani people .
People are comparing him with nawaz sharif and benazir Bhutto , Why these people are not comparing democracy and military rule? Coz they know answer very well which one is better from democracy and military rule.. He is playing a game with nation like ostrich do in rainy season in desert . About economy .I think he did not do any thing special for country . Afte atomic tests in 1998 pakistan was recovering from sanctions and Nawaz sharif was doing the same also And at that time in october 99 Situation were changing due to kargil conflict and pakistan was close to America and NPT was on the cards of american agenda, Then September 11 came in life of Mushraff as life saver and his plans and ideas were changed . No doubt he has commited blunders but military is with him ,power is with him thats why he is Hero not zero .you can not call him as a successful leader coz there is nothing on his credit only the death of Nawab Akbar bugti .

ھڪ سر جو سيد وارث اَ ٻيو وارث بھٽ جو شاھ اٿم..

nimr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazher
musharraf will be remembered in history, but like Pinochet of chille

It is not important 4 anyone 2 b remembered in history 4ever..... this is the most important question that Should he b recalled in positive sense???

I agree with much of the mentioned things of my fellow .... thinking

at time of musharraf g's arrival:

1) Economy was in shambles

2) Political system was in dis-array

3) Law and Order situation was detoriorating

4) The leading Economists of the World were starting 2 call Pakistan as " A
Failed State"

Has Musharraf pulled country back from abyss????

President Musharaf has proven himself as a true pakistani saving this country from a total chaos.
Even if it's dictator ship as you call , don't you see the changes that has reshaped pakistan in the world map?.
Let me brief you out a bit why iam in favour of Musharaf.
Nawaz Sharif blamed the army on kargil issue covering him self as if he had no idea what was going. It has come to most of pakistani's that army itself made descissions at kargil which is wrong. Nawaz Sharif himself knew all about it but he was forced to sign a cease fire by U.S, there was heavy loss and all the blame was put on Army. Nawaz had fears Musharaf would throw his govt and impose a martial law in the country as most dictators did. We all know about the plane hijacking story and i won't go deep with it. Nawaz with his 2/3 majority in the national assembly tried to pass the fifteent constitutional ammendment giving him nough powers to be a civilian dictator ship under the name of Islamic Government. In 1998 when pakistan trigereed it's nuclear bomb there were sanctions on us which feared the foreign investors crushing our economy. Nwaz froze all the foreign accounts.This brought more devestating effects to the country.
Over throwing Nawaz and getting control of the country through dictator ship was the option musharaf would have taken , but instead the cruel dictator ship he wanted to put army not on top of the civilian institutions but besides it. Public sectors such as KESC, WApda, Pakistan steel. At current the FDI( foreign direct investment is around 1.2 billion compared to 300 million in 2000. pakistan Steel is earning millions which used to be a burden with debts. There are more facts and figures i can provide.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough

Well Musharraf is trying its best level to resolve the national as well as international issues but it is all the game of time. He has ameliorated the country but there are some factors which are very accountable for the drawbacks of his reign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M Possible
Well Musharraf is trying its best level to resolve the national as well as international issues but it is all the game of time. He has ameliorated the country but there are some factors which are very accountable for the drawbacks of his reign.
Can you please clear your views ?
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

At times, we think that Musharraf is doing at its best. Yeah it is true, it is an open fact. But there r some discerpencies which make us think so that there are some problems which need proper attention.

Well due to these drawbacks we think that usharraf should not be remembered in the history in good words. But we really need to realize that Musharraf is also a human being and if he is doing for 90% good things then automatically we have to bear 10% problems too.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M Possible
At times, we think that Musharraf is doing at its best. Yeah it is true, it is an open fact. But there r some discerpencies which make us think so that there are some problems which need proper attention.

Well due to these drawbacks we think that usharraf should not be remembered in the history in good words. But we really need to realize that Musharraf is also a human being and if he is doing for 90% good things then automatically we have to bear 10% problems too.

Regards

What specific area is not beeing given preference ?
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

@I M Possible

You r right to some extent honey!. Musharraf has done a lot to manage the macroeconomy, but unluckily the development at micro level has not been targeted. And Musharaf's policies are not clear in this regard, even he himself is perplexed in his policies. Secondly, he has manitained a balance of power, and his foreign policy is also appreciable to a good extent, but in social context, he's failed to maintain an environment of socialization of the society. Further he himself admitted in an interview to Geo that Federation today is quite weaker than that of 5 years back.

Regards,

Last edited by Qurratulain; Wednesday, December 20, 2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old Thursday, December 21, 2006

nimr:

Well he is giving preferences to a number of areas and trying to hit the bull's eye but still he is facing problems in some area. I am not saying that he is not giving preferences to some of the issues but i was saying that he is not succeeding in some areas due to hurdles.

Regards
Old Thursday, December 21, 2006

Qurat:

Dear u must agree because facts are the facts. We cant blink our eyes to them. He is a better optrion for Pakistan if not best.

Regards