CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Educations plight reflects from state of our Policy makers. (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/6932-educations-plight-reflects-state-our-policy-makers.html)

Najabat Thursday, December 21, 2006 02:58 PM

Educations plight reflects from state of our Policy makers.

Well we are glad that we have a graduate assembly. The situation of PArliment adresses is no more hidden from us.Well IM here to share an example of diligence and meticulousness of our honorable Fedral Education Minister Javed Ashraf Qazi who apparently doesn't know how many "Siparaas" are there in Holy Quran.

On Wednesday,December 13,2006 responding to a question by a TV anchor of a Private Channel in its morning show, the education minister who is also retired General of PAksitan Army,said that now a student would complete 40 "Siparay" of Holy Quran from Class III to VIII in school and children don't need to go to "Madrassahs".The anchor surprised over minister apparent ignorance,asked again how many "Siparay".Minister replied 40 "Siparay".When the anchor for the third time said ,she thinks there are 30 "Siparay" of Holy Quran,Ashraf shaking his head apologized and corrected himself by saying "Oh I am Sorry".

But my suggestion is, he doesn't need to be sorry but we should sorry that Mr. Ashraf Qazi is our minister for Education and apparently very negligent about Basic things.Furhtermore the course and criteria of Matriculation is so abruptly changes that it disturbs a lot of students doing there matriculation.

[B]Daboyaa mugh koo honnay nay
Na hoota may to kiya hoota[/B]

Muhammad T S Awan Thursday, December 21, 2006 03:12 PM

actually this is not the education, this may be termed as 'wisdom'

a person may be wise even not going to school and a person holding a Ph.D or Post-doc may be well educated but with no wisdom

Najabat Thursday, December 21, 2006 03:24 PM

[B]Very right[/B] honorable fellow! but I think If your Education doesn't give you wisdom how to do things and how to take decision then its not education but wastage of time.And bottom line of my post is basically to point out how ignorance play havoc role in Un-educated societies.Believe me we need Education on all grounds on urgent basis for creating a good room for a healthy society. And we should make positive and soild policies for reforming our educational system, other wise

[B]"Khuda nay aaj tak uss koom ki haalat nahi badli
Na hoo jiss ko khiyaal khuud apni halat kay badalnay ka"[/B]

nimr Thursday, December 21, 2006 03:59 PM

Pakistan's literacy rate is way below it's neighbors. Ignorance by people living in the rural areas with low income and high inflation has forced them to make their children work. Govt on the other hand is taking no measures to control the situation instead every other day we hear 12,000 schools not functioning .

Qurratulain Thursday, December 21, 2006 06:27 PM

Well, that's what we have in form of ministers.

Secondly, our literacy rate on records is 53%, but unluckily the criteria on which this record has been maintained, is far below than that of other countries of South Asia. Infact Education has never been considered as tool for the economic, social and moral development of society in Pakistan. And that's the reason we are facing such dilemma in this sector.

Regards,

Muskan Ghuman Thursday, December 21, 2006 07:32 PM

Agreed to all respected fellows..I think alongwith the strategies to achieve high educational rate we are in dire need of such planning which is helpful in providing wisdom because Tabassam is right that sometime an ignorent person is more wise than that of a PHD....

As far as Asraf Qazi's case is concerned...we should expect such folly from all Ministers because they all are selected not on merit bases. Thanx to Mr Qazi that he has admitted his fault, but it was also possible that he would say no when I have said that there are 40 Sipary then there are 40.

Regards,

I M Possible Thursday, December 21, 2006 07:52 PM

Really a sad exaple of our society but it is not a new example. It is the same old cock and bull story.

This is the implication of our education system. We go for an education system in which we come to know that how to remember a lot amny sentences without knowing their proper meanings. We go for something called Ratta. We dunno what we r studying. That is the point.

We can't help it out because it is our educational system which is exploited badly. You know what parents decide for their children now? They know very well that their child would go to school only for remmebring sort of things without learning something. Parents noa a days r trying to give extra curricular education for the sake of their child's secure future.

Education system should be of two way flow but it is of one way flow. Education is flowing from the teachers to students without any feed back from these learners. It should be like trainings which is an awesome two way flow of information. A child knows a lot according to his age and will probably gain confidence if he would get the chance to explore himself.

Education system is in a dire need of assessment otherwise it is an obsolete one. Well it is our duty to discuss and highlight the issue but it is up to the education ministers who only know to amend the course but really dunno to change the system of educating people.

Regards

Nedian Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:07 PM

In my opinion there should be qualified minister for all the departments. Let’s suppose if we have education minister then he or she must be one of well-known and famous educationist, who had rendered his valuable services for the good and betterment of Education department. And if we have a Health Minister then he must be a top doctor himself, who has rendered his services in the field of medical science. And if we have Minister of Finance then he must be highly qualified with relevant experience in the field of finance. Because a person from the same department or the person from with the same qualification can understand the needs and wants of department much better than any other person. I don’t say that there should n’t be any administrative personnel there, but I means to say that there should be a qualified person on the top.

On the other hand, retired army personnel should be kept away from the civilian departments and these departments should be allocated to top elite of bureaucrats and technical persons on merit basis. This could be helpful for the betterment and uplifting of each and every department.

Regards

Nedian

Qurratulain Friday, December 22, 2006 12:53 AM

@Nedian

[quote=Nedian] In my opinion there should be qualified minister for all the departments. Let’s suppose if we have education minister then he or she must be one of well-known and famous educationist, who had rendered his valuable services for the good and betterment of Education department. And if we have a Health Minister then he must be a top doctor himself, who has rendered his services in the field of medical science. And if we have Minister of Finance then he must be highly qualified with relevant experience in the field of finance.Because a person from the same department or the person from with the same qualification can understand the needs and wants of department much better than any other person. I don’t say that there should n’t be any administrative personnel there, but I means to say that there should be a qualified person on the top.
[/quote]

Totally agree, a person who is a trained educationist should have the hold of the ministry. And this will result in progress indeed. I’d just add a little more in it. Along with this step, the annual budget for education should also be increased, and the systems should be monitered strictly.

Regards,

Najabat Friday, December 22, 2006 10:20 AM

@Nedian
Very well focused opinion Nedian, It should be best practice if our govt. follow it. Since Miniters basically represent their respective dept. in country and outside and if thery don't know about the field Ministry handling how positive measures can be taken.Well Nedian Retired Army personnel is not a bad option but to dominate all dept. by Military personnel is destrying the Image.Actually Retired army personnel of logistic and intelligence brach are quite competitve personels,they are not less in any regard from elite bureaucrats but i would say they are elite military bureaucrats. But overall you i appreciate ur very positive solution of how to manage falling structure of our ministries.

10:10 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.