Friday, April 19, 2024
12:01 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Banned

MOHIUDDIN is on a distinguished road
Default Obiter Dictum

(A comment about current would be posted to this thread daily and the members are requested to make their own additions to the topic during the day.)

This week saw our politicians and public over-wear with election binge. The final showdown is scheduled for tomorrow. An inquisition would reveal that there are actually, only three parties to the show. On the one hand is Government, trying all the more vigorously to impress upon the power-yearners and penniless that the process is in-fact flawlessly un-rigged. Then are the runners for office, ready to promises which would be the last thing they will actually do, eager to declare all co-pomisors as unholy and shouting ‘foul, foul’ on the slightest premise of an un-favorable result in-sight. The leftovers are spectators.
The accusations of widespread rigging by opposition and solemn undertakings of fairness by the government have joined to create a rush and roar. So where does the truth lie? Let’s scrutinize.
Our society seems to be plagued with ‘habitual corruption’-we just cannot live without it. My circles tell me that people have bought ‘printing plants’ to compose and print ID cards. The plant for computerized card is much more expensive than the one for ordinary cards. And what is more, you have nothing to worry about the authenticity of the card-no one can detect the illegality. And as soon as you have finished the job i.e. you’ve casted the vote, just get rid of it.
Wherever in a constituency you feel that the women votes can cause you lose a seat and you have had time to grow your beard, all you need to do is declare women voting un-islamic. If, on the contrary you have no such fear make sure to appear on Geo to declare your full support for the women’s right to vote.
It may be noted that there is not much wrong with the system itself. But our eagerness for chair, and lust for power continues to militate against the political norms, rules and regulations. Nonetheless, the process should continue. There are active indications of an increased proportion of gentlemen stepping in. The change, however marginal, is definitely there. Lets hope for the ultimate best.
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam,

Mohiuddin I guess your analysis is perfect and infact, funny. I agree with you.

You know what... in LB Elections 2001, I saw the creation of fake ID cards with my own eyes. However I can imagine that after the introduction of Computerized NIC cards the matter has become tougher and expensive .

After all this I have the elections in my town tomorrow... I will present an eye-witness view about it!

Regards,
Adil Memon

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Abdullah

I visited my native town, yesterday ,for some personal work. To my utter surprize there was not a single public transport vehicle present on the bus stand . Commutters were really finding it tough to have their way towards their respective destinations.....
It has been a matter of common practice for last so many deacades, here in our land of pures, that a couple of days prior to any sort of election, all sorts of public transport is confiscated with a high-handed rogueness , to serve the election campaign of tese "servants of the nation" , at the very expense of general public....
Old Thursday, August 25, 2005
Banned

Default Iran Showdown

In a recent interview Gen. Hamid Gul declared that it would be a matter of great rejoice and, would in fact would be a blessing in disguise if America attacks Iran now. He went on to add that any such misadventure on the part of US would bridge up the gulf that exists among muslim states. His foreboding went to the extent of forecasting an end of America and the dawn of 'Pax Islamia' period.
The Iranians are advocating their right to nuclear fuel and the Western experts cite Irani nuclear prolifiration as an identiy crisis - modernity fueling 'revolution of self expression'.
Irrespective of intentions and objectives, the reality is that EU-3 (Germany, Britain and France) have called off the talks with iran scheduled for 31 August. This decision came after Iran rejected a comprehensive EU offer of economic aid and went ahead with resumption of uranium conversion.
It may be pointed out that US attack on Afghanistan and Iraq has so far failed to bridge the gap that exists among Muslims of the world. To expect that that would happen in Iranian example would be unwarranted.
Not only regional but international peace is at stake as the crisis takes a decisive turn on the eve of the unfolding of IAEA experts' report on Iran due on September 3. Both Iran and Us would be well advised if they keep the odds in mind. Neither Americans gained anything except destruction from Afghan and Iraq war nor did any such attacks brought Muslims any closer together. The peace is fast becoming a rare commodity. One could only hope that unfolding future not be as bleak as it looks on the face of it.
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam Brother,

This is not meant to offend. But brother, you should be accustomed to this trend as you yourself state that the trend has prevailed over decades!

Regards,
Adil Memon

Its called Evolution, my dear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhpaki
I visited my native town, yesterday ,for some personal work. To my utter surprize there was not a single public transport vehicle present on the bus stand . Commutters were really finding it tough to have their way towards their respective destinations.....
It has been a matter of common practice for last so many deacades, here in our land of pures, that a couple of days prior to any sort of election, all sorts of public transport is confiscated with a high-handed rogueness , to serve the election campaign of tese "servants of the nation" , at the very expense of general public....

Adil Memon
37th Common

@ Mohiuddin,

Salaam Brother, thanks for writing!

I have a question that what makes that Gen. Hamid think that Muslims will form a coalition to respond to the US attacks on Iran? (Though no coalition was formed at the time of Iraq or Afghanistan)

Regards,
Adil Memon

Adil Memon
Banned

Default Analysis

He was of the view that it will happen because

1 Iran will attack Israel. This attack will be so severe that Israel shall be washed off the face of earth.
2 On seeing this, Muslims will back Iran
3 Muslim rule will then start to prevail.

take care.
37th Common

Salaam Brother,

I should say that your reply is still obscure.

Why the hell would other WEAK AND INFIRM Muslim nations join Iran in case it attacks Isreal?

A maniac told me that the downfall period of civilizations has been reduced from 500-1000 years to 200 years. He was telling this with regard to America.

He stated that America's time is over. Now Muslim power will be dominant once again.

Regards,
Adil Memon

But Mohiuddin, I still want an explanation!

Adil Memon
Old Friday, August 26, 2005

tropican is on a distinguished road

Attack on Iran might group the Muslims in a single camp also because the Iran is Shia majority and the anti-Americanism, which is not as strong among Shias as it is in Sunnis, will then gain greater momentum in Shias too.

Another factor which I think might run against the US is the Russian and Chinese support for Iran. Even at present, through Shanghai Cooperation Organization, China and Russia have summoned the courage to compel US to abandon its bases in areas near their territories, in Karshi-Khabadad of Uzbekistan. Iran, with its close proximity to Central Asia, would certainly be held as a threat to Chinese and Russians.

In my view, the US would prefer a covert path through Iraq to paralyse Iran rather than to directly attack Iran. These threats r mere eyewash. Only to strengthen US fear among the prospective and long-term victims of the country.
Old Friday, August 26, 2005
37th Common

Dear Brother Tropican,

I must say that it would be really naive for me to disagree with you. Infact, Mr. Mohiuddin also suspects the occurence of a war.

But, I am really doubtful whether the Muslims will really help Iran.

Regards,
Adil Memon

PS: Please elaborate! I couldn't understand what you really meant by the text below:

"Attack on Iran might group the Muslims in a single camp also because the Iran is Shia majority and the anti-Americanism, which is not as strong among Shias as it is in Sunnis, will then gain greater momentum in Shias too."

Adil Memon