CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Current discussion on electronic media about elections 2013 (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/75917-current-discussion-electronic-media-about-elections-2013-a.html)

Shehla malik Sunday, February 24, 2013 08:48 PM

Current discussion on electronic media about elections 2013

There is a heating debate continued on every news channel in Pakistan about upcoming elections. Everyone is doing his or her best to influence opinion of Pakistani public by presenting and discussing facts. One noticeable point in such discussion programs is that the most of the anchors go along with their own biases. Rare of them talk on serious matters. Time has gone when politics was regulated on demagogy. Now people want set of agendas and policies that politicians are supposed to implement.

I want opinion from you people that whether the time has come when we need to demand policies from politicians rather the previous practices of demagogy?

hakhan Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:48 PM

yes this is the time

[QUOTE=Shehla malik;562981]There is a heating debate continued on every news channel in Pakistan about upcoming elections. Everyone is doing his or her best to influence opinion of Pakistani public by presenting and discussing facts. One noticeable point in such discussion programs is that the most of the anchors go along with their own biases. Rare of them talk on serious matters. Time has gone when politics was regulated on demagogy. Now people want set of agendas and policies that politicians are supposed to implement.

I want opinion from you people that whether the time has come when we need to demand policies from politicians rather the previous practices of demagogy?[/QUOTE]

yes in my opinion this is the time to ask political parties for policies rather then bhutto zinda ha pakhtoon idhar pakhtoon udar islam idar islam udar etc. and i think one of the big political party has started the trend by presenting various detail policies hope the remaining parties will follow and i expect media to force other political parties to come up with sound policies and plan. and isn't be great move to have a national debate between all the heads of major political parties about there policies and plans for the solution of the problems of pakistan .like US presidential debate ??

Neo[t] Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:34 AM

Yes it is the time to ask politicians to provide policies for different plans. Debates and programs won't work anymore as everyone wants to see there nation on top position.

aariz Thursday, February 28, 2013 02:56 AM

Good topic to discuss on
My question: Is immature media maturing politicians or mature media maturing politicians?

[QUOTE=Shehla malik;562981]

I want opinion from you people that whether the time has come when [I][B]we need to demand policies from politicians[/B][/I] rather the previous practices of demagogy?[/QUOTE]

Yes, we need to demand policies. First, let the nation to know about democracy and public role in the system. In short, the public must know how to do public accountability. The nation with the lowest literacy rate in South Asia cannot demand policies from the politicians. The nation will be under authoritarian rule unless get higher education. It is the PTI only which is making policies on different subjects. Announced environmental policy couple of days ago.

aadi khokhar Thursday, February 28, 2013 02:36 PM

I think to ask for policies from these parties is futile because in last five years we have seen enough of their Policies and their Implementation.All the parties have been involved in govt some way or the other.
The evolution in Pakistan has started as youngsters are heading towards education and not to these traditional leg pullers.Once the greater part of the people is educated then the real change will be seen in our beloved country.

Regards

srk345 Thursday, February 28, 2013 04:07 PM

Pti is presenting policies and conducting intraparty elections but still they are far behind because they dont know importance of electables.on the other hand pml n is all set to form govt because of their great strategy and power politics. Pml n has also gr8 influence on media.ppp and pti are worst at media handling. Lets pray that pml n gets majority and succeeds to deliver.

mehwishnawaz Thursday, February 28, 2013 05:14 PM

@srk345 hmm means your support is with pml n :) well intra party election is not an easy task and it is never done in any party with this effort that pti has done, electable participants will take oath on 23rd march and it's all credit goes to party leadership but when this party come into the govt ahhhhhhhh i wish

Shehla malik Thursday, February 28, 2013 08:07 PM

Yes. This is the point where we all agree as an aware youth, but, you see problem is more complicated. What if we desire it, until this trend is supported by upper echelons of government. Around 88% people in our society are illiterate. They still follow the orders of 'waderas" and landlords, then what are the way outs to make change in society and political process?

You raised an interesting question, in fact, my first thought tried to shape it.
Our media, particularly electronic media, is new to us especially in present boisterous form. General public is in the shackles of earning bread and butter. So, how come the thought of Policies and fair elections. For instance, I am concerned with the party who provides me opportunities to grow, justice, and security. I do not think whether it comes from PPP, PML (N) or (Q) and the other political parties. So, I come to think that what is the use of these political debates on media?
In my humble opinion, due to immaturity of media, politicians are beating about bush and still a sound set of policies has not been presented by any political party.

Won't that be too late :) will we keep waiting till then??

With due respect for your emotions about PML (N), we should look unbiased side of the picture. PML (N) has been twice in power at national level, I don't think we saw significant change in the statistics of growth and education. Therefore, before trusting any political party blindly, we should judge them what they can do for us in real terms. Time of fake promises and rhetorics is gone far away, now the rising power of judiciary and media is there to curtail unauthorized limits of politicians. (To some extent if not fully)

12:05 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.