Friday, March 29, 2024
11:56 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

View Poll Results: Should we accept Israel?
Yes 4 25.00%
No 12 75.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, August 27, 2005
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice
Default Should we accept Israel?

Salaam Fellows,

I would appreciate your participation in the above poll. Please give your answer with a justification.

Regards,
Adil Memon

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Old Sunday, August 28, 2005
G R E N A D E
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Khushal  moderates General ChatMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

Khushal has a spectacular aura aboutKhushal has a spectacular aura about

I wonder why hasn't Pakistan accepted Israel yet?If Pakistan talks about there illegal occupation on Palestine and massacre of muslims there than why has Pakistan accepted India,they too are doing the same thing,but the difference is that they're Killing Kashmiris and Israelis are slaughtering Palestinians.
What i suggest to the Pakistani government is to establish links with Israel,take the benefit they can from there equipment,food,machines,electronic products etc and never agree on there talks about Division of Palestine,thats what Pakistan has been doing with India,BUT India is not advanced as Israel is.
Abdullah

One of the sensitive issues relating to all this , is the insistence, by the israelis to
construct "The Dome of Solomon" , in place of Al-Aqsa mosque. Whole of the muslim world is unanimous, in their policy , on the issue.That is, Israel should not go ahead with this controvercial project . If Israel is willing ,to settle this issue , according 2 the wishes n aspirations of more than a billion muslims, then I think that there is no harm in recognising Israel
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam Brothers,

If I reply "YES" I would justify it like:
Ok now... lets be practical rather than being emotional. Does Israel really care if we don't recognize her? I guess, NO!

By balking the recognition we've got nothing but if we accept her... we could be given a lots of perks and aids as "Egypt" got them. Recognition will be beneficial politically as well as economically. Pakistan would command more weightage.

If I reply "NO" I would justify it like:
At the very first moment, I should say that accepting them will be a severe blow to the Universal Muslim Unity, whatever is left!

The creation of Israel was controversial to the basic principles of International Law. Besides, I can't forget the atrocities they committed on our Muslim Brothers of Palestine. They occupied West Bank, Gaza Strip and Golan Heights etc. The vistas of the "Six-Day war" still revolve in my mind. I remember, how they destroyed the countries of Egypt, Syria, Lebanon etc.

Israel has never stayed consistent at her promises. She is a fraud!

I won't accept her.

@ Khushaal,
Khushaal I totally agree to you. I reckon Pakistan, just like Egypt, can enjoy a lots of perks in return for its recognition. But, since we're Muslims we can't disregard the feelings of our Muslims Fellows around the world. (Though Egypt did that, but everyone has nearly forgotten that).

@ nhpaki,

They don't really underestimate the muslim power. They can't touch any Muslim Holy Place. The moment they do, Muslims will create hell for them. (Besides, as it has so far been unable to implement any such plans, there are so less possibilities of anything like that in near future. Besides, their downfall time is just over the head now)

Regarding accepting it... I guess we should follow the rest of the Muslim World rather than leading it. Let others do it first, we should follow!

Regards,
Adil Memon

I will wait for others opinion to put my answer!

Adil Memon
G R E N A D E
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Khushal  moderates General ChatMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

Thats what i meant,We Pakistanis are just being emotional and not being practical on this one.We think as if by not accepting Israel we are doing the muslim world a great thing to show Muslim Unity(which is being treated more than a Joke).What do you think,if <Khuda Na Khwasta> tomorrow some how similar situation happens to us,will anyother muslim stand for us? The answer is simply "NO".
Old Monday, August 29, 2005

coolness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khushal
Thats what i meant,We Pakistanis are just being emotional and not being practical on this one.We think as if by not accepting Israel we are doing the muslim world a great thing to show Muslim Unity(which is being treated more than a Joke).What do you think,if <Khuda Na Khwasta> tomorrow some how similar situation happens to us,will anyother muslim stand for us? The answer is simply "NO".
Sorry to say the answer afcourse will be NO,since we did not help any other muslim nation either,instead we helped america in its so called war on terror and killing muslims in afghanistan,now iraq. SO NO ,no one should help us,so that we too realise one day,that all this nationalism that has crept into our minds,how harmfull it can be when u dont think of muslims all over and are just so selfish to think of ur own personal benefits. Ignoring all the ones dieing everyday and just watching it happen.

twilight is on a distinguished road
Default No Way To Accept Israel

We Should Not Accept Israel…………………………the Reasons I Put Forward Are:
• The Controversial Nature Of Israel To The Interantionla Law’s Basic Principles.by Accepting Isreal We Will Give Way To A System Where Every Mighty State Will Turn To Atrocious And Forceful Capture Of Areas Of Its Interest.ultimately By Accepting Israel, We Will Deny Our Right To Kashmir.
• It’s Not Emotional & Ideal But Very Practical In Its Own Self.islamic Ummah Will Diminish And Whatever Little Is Left Will Be Washed Out By The Jewish And Christian Communities Of West.
• We Can’t Act Until We Have An Emotional Association With Certain Things And We Have Hereby Prompted The Act Of Not Recognising Israel Because We Have A Long Historial, Ideological And Emotional Reverence For The Land Of Palestine.
Twilight

tropican is on a distinguished road

Pakistan should not recognize Israel.
If National Interest was everything, then Muslims of South Asia wouldnt have asked for a separate homeland--- a demand based upon Islamic Ideology. Ideology is one reason. Another reason is that by accepting Israel, we wont really be earning that much advantage. Because Israel would still carry that antipathy toward us Pakistanis, owing to its much stronger, more meaningful and older ties with India. On the other hand, Pakistan would loose much of the cooperation and support among the much more beneficial and friendly Arab and other Muslim countries. Egypt's recognition of Israek was a tactical retreat. You all have read history of the Palestine problem and know very well the circumstances following the 1967-war. Eqypt had much greater interests at stake. We dont have. Egypt's whole Sinai peninsula was under Israeli occupation.

So such a decision would be a fatal blow not only to our ideology but also to our national interests.
G R E N A D E

@Tropican:I agree to you brother that National interest is not everything or for which we are solely made,the only thing that lacks is the Muslim Unity!If all the muslim countries are united,Pakistan will not be needing to accept Israel,BUT the point is that in the current situation,all muslim countries <Including Pakistan> are with the USA!!!So in this situation where there is no sign of unity,why not take Pakistan to the heights of Economy by joining hands with Israel!!!
Secondly,We never gained anything from not accepting Israel!!!
37th Common

Salaam Brothers,

@ Khushaal: God Job! I truly appreciate your zeal for patriotism. However, the problem is far more complex.

@ Coolness: Nice Analysis!

For your further clearance:
Dear sister, Pakistan did not join the War Against Terror to fight the Muslims. Following the Nuclear Tests of 1998 Pakistan was suffering myriad economic sanctions. Besides, after the millitary coup the international financing agencies repelled Pakistan. These were the situations under which Pakistan had to join America on that so-called war on terror.

(All this helped Pakistan to get its aids and loans resumed... economic sanctions lifted)

Besides all that, Talibans were tormenting the people of Afghanistan. They were extremists of the highest extent. The overturning of their government would be appeasing to any wise man.

Pakistan didn't join America for its war on Iraq. Though it didn't take action, but what about the rest of the Muslim Countries? They also didn't.

So far the Muslim Countries have been unable to fight West because they are so weak and infirm. The best strategy for them would be to develop themselves internally first. They should gain some weightage on the World's Political Arena before objecting things.

(Once they gather strength.. unity will follow it).

Yes... and don't criticize me for appreciating Pakistan's consent to join War-on-Terror. I just disclosed the reasons.

@ Tropican:

Brother, I see some logic in your rhetorics. I agree. You are right to say that Egypt preferred expediency rather than being emotional and sentimental. Egypt was the only one who was totally destroyed in those wars. The heaviest cost of the war was paid by Egypt. Its economy was getting crushed so ultimately it had to surrender. I won't call that act, impractical, at all. I think they were right to choose that course.

And yes,

According to you Pakistan really won't get anything much for its acceptance... because of Israel-India nexus. America and India are also friends... infact... healthier ones... but still we're with America... why?

(I reckon everybody really has accepted Israel in the hearts... but i'll not dare say that :p)

Regards,
Adil Memon

Adil Memon
Closed Thread