Friday, April 19, 2024
04:27 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, February 18, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2007Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,082 Times in 760 Posts
Sureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to all

We have already many events to celebrate but we are still seeking for more.is int stupid.As compared of other progressive countries we are already backward.I think we have dozens of Islamic Festivals which we celebrate.But now time is changing by and by,western ppl have rarely time for entertainment because they know value of time.We still hanging around that what remain to do for entertainment.Anyhow,Nothing gonna change by our argument because last year it has planned to avoid basant because of aggrandization in accidents but no one had acted upon it.Atleast,We ought to take our every step toward success rather than entertainment.However,Decision is completely yours that how u prefered to live yr life.No one can ceorce

thinking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wounded Healer
@thinking
dear, i never said that basant or kite-flying is a pakistani culture..........i said that it had become a part of the culture of the SUB-CONTINENT............as u have said that it is a punjabi culture,well isnt punjab a part of pakistan and if celebrating basant attracts tourists then thats another point in its favour............if u can celebrate VALENTINE'S DAY which finds its origin in the western culture then why cant we celebrate basant whose origin is in the sub-continent culture
One of the purpose of the creation of was to keep islamic culture safe from the domination of hindu culture.
If a culture is sub-continental, it does not mean it should be adopted in pakistan. Holy is also a sub-continental culture, should we adopt it?

rabdimarzi is on a distinguished road
Angry @ All

I WAS at Lahore a few years ago and i saw a lil girl's neck separated from her body due to a thread of a kite. she was on a bike with her father. can you imagine that? i cant. at that time i felt i lost my little sister :-( is basant justified? according to a study, every family at lahore spends Rs 25,000 averagely only on basant night(one single night). population of lahore is 7.5 mln. if we suppose that one family consists of 7.5 people (Just a rough idea) then this amount is: 25000 mln rupees if i am not wrong (multiply 25000 with 1 mln families) we can do anything with that much amount.
2ndly, our dear president and top slot people enjoy this day by actively participating in basant, nagating the fact that one fourth population of this country eat only one meal per day.
these are hard facts of life and the establishment can only say "if people dont have bread, why dont they eat cake?" they try to show that the economy is growing, but for how many people? even basic commodities are costly enough to buy.
May God bless us and send a person from within us who can vigorously pursue the right path.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

A Rehman Pal is on a distinguished road

@ rabdimarzi
Its really unimagineable to see a neck seprated from the body just coz of basant. and all the figures u quoted i agree with ur statistics and reasoning.
But still cant we just take it a lil lightly its just a festivle. we as a nation do so many things which are bieng adopted from other cultures.. Just like we spend millions of rupees on marriages tht mehndi and maklawa type things. we proudly follow gora saab in so many things... so wat if our ppl just get a small chance once in a year to hang around and enjoy for a lil while...
Old Monday, February 19, 2007

nimr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabdimarzi
I WAS at Lahore a few years ago and i saw a lil girl's neck separated from her body due to a thread of a kite. she was on a bike with her father. can you imagine that? i cant. at that time i felt i lost my little sister :-( is basant justified? according to a study, every family at lahore spends Rs 25,000 averagely only on basant night(one single night). population of lahore is 7.5 mln. if we suppose that one family consists of 7.5 people (Just a rough idea) then this amount is: 25000 mln rupees if i am not wrong (multiply 25000 with 1 mln families) we can do anything with that much amount.
2ndly, our dear president and top slot people enjoy this day by actively participating in basant, nagating the fact that one fourth population of this country eat only one meal per day.
these are hard facts of life and the establishment can only say "if people dont have bread, why dont they eat cake?" they try to show that the economy is growing, but for how many people? even basic commodities are costly enough to buy.
May God bless us and send a person from within us who can vigorously pursue the right path.
Every one has the right to enjoy even if it's the president. Talking about low income and high inflation is injust. Don't you see the high living standards of people ?
If a person can't get food it's not necessary that the government is to be blamed even if you take the super powers you will find people living below the poverty line.
The government has done a lot no doubts ! but things get stable with time.
Old Wednesday, February 21, 2007

bitlovable is on a distinguished road

I just cannot understand what’s the real point of difference here between the supporters of basant and kite-flying, and the opponents.

No one can oppose kite-flying or basant “in principle”. Coz neither kite-flying nor basant is against Islamic principles; or ethically or morally wrong. So the only point of discussion should be “how it should be celebrated?” so those who are opposing kite-flying and Basant should oppose the way it is celebrated. They should not waste their energies in proving kite-flying and basant wrong and unislamic. If the discussion is focused on that particular area, that would be more fruitful.
Old Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2007Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,082 Times in 760 Posts
Sureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to allSureshlasi is a name known to all

Quote:
I just cannot understand what’s the real point of difference here between the supporters of basant and kite-flying, and the opponents.
This Discuss is triggering the Issue that basant should be or not and an excuse arouse that A kid neck has cutted off in last basant so they are not in favor of basant.

Quote:
No one can oppose kite-flying or basant “in principle”. Coz neither kite-flying nor basant is against Islamic principles; or ethically or morally wrong. So the only point of discussion should be “how it should be celebrated?” so those who are opposing kite-flying and Basant should oppose the way it is celebrated. They should not waste their energies in proving kite-flying and basant wrong and unislamic. If the discussion is focused on that particular area, that would be more fruitful.
I m agree with u that it is dawdle of time to discuss about it because ppl mind never gonna change but we are just discussing the causes which is faced from last decades.We know that tail of dog never gonna b straight but A question Arises that y we squander our time for sake of fun.We dont have anything to do instead of entertainment or we are faciliating with luxurious accessories of life.I think NO,U ppl DEcide by yr own .Should we disipate our more time or endeavour for progress .
Old Thursday, December 30, 2010

hermit is on a distinguished road

The story of basant is taught in every school of india and now is celebrated by muslims of pakistan

First of all, the dimentions of our culture is influenced by the culture of SUB continent, however its a debate that our culture is a subcontinential culture or the culture which was exisit at the time of indus vally and indus civilization.

basant isnt an indian cultural, its the culture of sub contienent and since our roots belongs to the cultutre of sub continent so its very much there in Pakistani culture too.

Many people are saying Basant should be banned because its an indian culture because it results in the loss of lives. Well, do you only consider the loss of life? how about the loss of money for which our parents suffer their whole jawani to make their children happy?

Talk about the Maiyon5kjhlh tr4sd123ras`

wahaj is on a distinguished road

hi!
hermit this is wahaj. what u dscusd above is a gud topic. the money v spent on the all basant v can help our muhala and any1 who needs more bcuz our country need our help the most. ok r u appearng in css in 2011. rply plz
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

i just cant understand why these activities are made part of our culture.i would blame the media,media had made us so frustrated and dual minded,that we ought to believe what are shown to us.Naseem Hameed were in news for months.same the wedding of shoaib malik.where are we going.what is our taste actually.that music,songs,cinema,basant were these part of our culture?what islam says?why we sometimes act so liberal that we forget the real message of islam.
may Allah put us on right path.