CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/78761-tehrik-i-taliban-pakistan-ttp.html)

alihashmatkhoso Friday, April 26, 2013 01:21 AM

Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP)

[B]The outlawed Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) militants organisation distributed pamphlets in Buner, Peshawar and different areas of Karachi warning citizens not to participate in upcoming elections, DawnNews reported.

its a big threat to upcoming election. lives of masses as well as politicians are not secured. it is herculean task for our law enforcement authorities and it is an achilles heel of election. question is that how they will halt a suicide bomber to attack. what will be the strategy of care taker govt against TTP. there are two ways. one is dialogues and other is halt TTP with force... latter is an uphill task for govt, :waiting [/B]

Cute Badshah Friday, April 26, 2013 05:22 AM

TTP have already created a divide between the contesting parties by attacking the secular ones and set free the right-wing parties to carry its election campaign at large. ANP and MQM have been the main targets of Taliban due to their secular outlook, while supporting the election campaign of PML(N), PTI and JI. By that disposition, TTP has actually accepted the fact that PML(N), PTI and JI would contest elections and consequently come in power, and to keep the other three parties away. At one side, they are attacking the secular parties and on the other side they are warning the people NOT to vote for those parties, otherwise they would meet the same fate. Obviously voters of all contesting parties will caste their vote at the same polling booth, so its just a reminder to the people whom to vote in the upcoming election. And this seems likely that Taliban would attack those election places where MQM, ANP have strong electoral hold. They are actually creating a divide between this nation [in an already much divided nation]. Rahi sahi kasar hamary COAS ny pori kar di. Ashfaq Kiyani, while addressing to the passing out parade mentioned that " Islam cannot be taker out of Pakistan". He forgot to mention who is that to take Islam out of this country having an obvious majority of Muslims in the country. The point was made to the Liberals and moderates. Pro-Islamist parties would exploit this viewpoint in their election campaign for their vested interest.

Dialogue with TTP or another military operation is off the table during this interim government. Deal had already been done when an All-party conference held in Islamabad, followed by the Peshawar Conference headed by ANP to negotiate with TTP not to tamper the ball while they are batting. But the result was in a stalemate due to some vague opinions of PML(N), PTI and JI leadership regarding TTP. Now ball is doing a deadly reverse swing at one time, while come straight to the bat on the other time.

07:05 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.