Friday, March 29, 2024
03:02 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, June 11, 2013
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold
Default Protests in Turkey.. is it tit for tat?

Turkish Summer...
A wave of protests that began 28 May 2013. The initial protests in Istanbul were led by about 50 environmentalists, opposing the replacement of Taksim Gezi Park with a reconstruction of the historic Taksim Military Barracks (demolished in 1940) possibly housing a shopping mall. The protests developed into riots when a group occupying the park was attacked with tear gas and water cannons by police. The subjects of the protests have since broadened beyond the development of Taksim Gezi Park into wider anti-government demonstrations. The protests have also spread to other cities in Turkey, and protests have been seen in other countries with significant Turkish communities, including the European countries, the U.S. and the far-east Asia. Protesters now demand the resignation of Recep Tayeb.
Is this the revenge of nature? What Turkey planted in Syria, they are reaping it at home?
mechrose37 (Tuesday, June 18, 2013), Urma Waqar (Wednesday, June 12, 2013), UzmaKhanSudhozai (Tuesday, June 18, 2013)

Sasha Fierce is on a distinguished road

Justice and development party has been quite popular in Turkey as shown by the mandate of the three elections. With people's support and already suppressed anti democratic forces, critics say Erdogan has become authoritarian in his manner. What I THINK its maybe a reaction to his few anti secular steps like prohibition of alcohol, ban on public display of affection etc which has highly displeased secular wings of the country especially the opposition. Now they have helped aggravate the not-so-complicated situation.

Tabloids are painting a very contradictory picture these days. Some articles make a villain out of Erdogan and call this all as the suppressed hatred for him being vent out by the masses while others consider his hold imperturbable, his good deeds praiseworthy and his popularity unquestionable. They even dismiss the possibility of this event as a prelude to some big show.

Lets see which way the wind blows. It' ll be too early to conclude.
Invincible (Tuesday, June 11, 2013), mechrose37 (Tuesday, June 18, 2013), sabahatbhutta (Tuesday, June 11, 2013), Thwarted idea (Friday, June 14, 2013), Urma Waqar (Wednesday, June 12, 2013)
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

If you see the European and US social media even BBC and CNN they are making it huge. There has also been launched a massive advertising campaign by the protesters in NY Times, said to be the most expensive advertising campaign. What my purpose to discuss this is-the attitude of Turkish governemnt towards Bashar al Asad regime is being bounced back to their faces. Use of water cannons and force is being condemned heavily in Europe and US.
mechrose37 (Tuesday, June 18, 2013)
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

My dear friend Saba,
Allow me to contradict with you, this is certainly not tit for tat.....

The people protesting there at Taksim square started these protests to stop the redevelopment of Gezi park, but this is not the whole story.

Now these protesters are asking for the resignation from Recep Tayyip Erdogan as they accused him of implementing Islamic reforms, that are perfectly in line with Islamic code of law i-e Shariah.....They are asking to make Turkey a perfectly Secular state.

These protests are being given full coverage by the mass media that is controlled by European and British agencies and accusing the Turkish Government of using brutal force to take down "Peaceful People" asking for a "legitimate right".....

The supporters of Recep Tayyip Erdogan are in even greater number but these are not being given coverage by any media like Reuters and BBC, because they want to show only to the world that Muslims are radicals.....

The role of Turkey in Syrian conflict is not evident, the Syria has become fallen a prey to hegemonic pursuits of International powers and being used as Strategic Arena. Russia sold SAM missiles to Syrian government and US provided M-16s and Scuds to the rebels.....it was Syria that shot down a Turkish Air Force F-4 couple of weeks ago.

So concluding i would say that the Islam is the eyesore of the world, they would not leave any stone unturned to defame it.
Old Wednesday, June 12, 2013
42nd CTP (PAAS)

@Bilal
When a country interferes in other country's internal affairs on humanitarian grounds they are at the same time giving license to their people to follow the trail. Same happened in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and Syria. Now in Turkey people are calling Recep an authoritative ruler as Husni mubarak, Moammar Qaddafi, Bashar al Asad were accused. I know there is a difference among these rulers but the accusation is same whether false or true. If it continued in the same manner then one day all Muslim countries shall be facing such summers and springs. In my humble opinion if Turkey would not have supported the rebels in Syria they would not have been facing such turmoil in their home.
mechrose37 (Tuesday, June 18, 2013), Thwarted idea (Friday, June 14, 2013), Urma Waqar (Wednesday, June 12, 2013)
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
@Bilal
When a country interferes in other country's internal affairs on humanitarian grounds they are at the same time giving license to their people to follow the trail. Same happened in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and Syria. Now in Turkey people are calling Recep an authoritative ruler as Husni mubarak, Moammar Qaddafi, Bashar al Asad were accused. I know there is a difference among these rulers but the accusation is same whether false or true. If it continued in the same manner then one day all Muslim countries shall be facing such summers and springs. In my humble opinion if Turkey would not have supported the rebels in Syria they would not have been facing such turmoil in their home.
well Saba i'm still unable to assimilate what you want to say, in my last post i very categorically said that the Syrian rebels are being financed and armed by the US, because the totalitarian regime of Bashar ul Asad is being supported by Russia.....

How on Earth could you say that Turkey supported the rebels? any corroboration to support your claim may be helpful for me to understand the issue as you do.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
Muhammad Omair Kiyani (Wednesday, June 12, 2013)
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: PMS -  Merti 5

kal3m will become famous soon enoughkal3m will become famous soon enough

I would second my dear brother Bilal Hassan on this issue.

How this environmentalist protest had become a political one? When the government decided to build a museum and shopping mall after chopping a dozen trees at Taksim square a group of environmentalists protested against it. But soon this protest was joined by opposition parties and inflamed the protesters against the government by provoking their feelings on the pretext of Racip's authoritarian stature.
In last month Turkey govt banned the air-hostesses from using bright red lipstick and ordained them to clothe themselves in ankle-length dresses and prohibited alcohol service in Airlines. Well, as far the lipstick ban concerns it is a bit interference in personal life style and one cannot say it is according to Islam. However, I am totally unaware of the background of this ban and didn't find any material on it. But what is amazing is the outcome of this ban, next day hundreds of couples locked their lips in public as a demonstration against the govt's ban. Though, they were attacked with batons etc. by ultra conservatives. What I say, all the three parties were extremists in their actions and decisions i.e: The govt, the protesters and the baton holders.

Anyhow, Ban of alcohol was a good step. However many of my brethren would disagree with me and would say it is an anti-secular step and today only the secular governments could survive and blah blah. Some of the Western countries had legalized the same-gender marriages what we call gay-marriage, I am astonished no one protested on the media that this was against the Law of Nature. In fact our leaders are the Media houses and we follow them blindly. Therefore, we only believe what they show us.

Racip tayyep is a commoner and was educated in pro-Islamic institute, Imam Hatip School. This is also a reason the opposition parties did not like him because of his inclination towards Islamic Ideology.

Interestingly it is not Erdogan's government which is in favour of Bashar Al-Asad of Syria, but the opposition parties, BDP and CHP are showing their sympathy and support for him.

Again the US is supporting the Rebels, even with lethal weapons but none of the media houses or NGO's, Humanitarian organisations would protest against it. Even last month I read a news in which a rebel told that after killing the soldier he mutilated his body and masticated his body parts. Dear fellows, it is not the issue of right or wrong who else follows the violent means should be discouraged. It be Asad or rebels.

Than come to Libya, Egypt etc. Their government's are still dangling. Political, social and economical unrest is hovering over them. But now that's not interests U.S etc.

Tayip won thrice consecutively, and every time with greater majority i.e; 34%, 47% and 49.8% respectively in his first, second and third term. Why people elected him? His economic, social and political policies were the feathers in his cap and was rewarded in votes by the general masses.

Ironically, when the universities didn't allow female students with headscarf and deprived them their right for education, which one of the opposition parties came out to protest? None! When they were forced to take off their scarves and wear wigs which of these parties wrote to Amnesty International, European Union, and the international media? None!

Therefore, it is not the Erdogan and his government who is at fault. We have to read between the lines to know the truth.
Furquan592 (Tuesday, June 18, 2013), Thwarted idea (Friday, June 14, 2013)
42nd CTP (PAAS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilal Hassan View Post
well Saba i'm still unable to assimilate what you want to say, in my last post i very categorically said that the Syrian rebels are being financed and armed by the US, because the totalitarian regime of Bashar ul Asad is being supported by Russia.....

How on Earth could you say that Turkey supported the rebels? any corroboration to support your claim may be helpful for me to understand the issue as you do.....
When I say Turkey supported rebels it means politically and morally not necessarily with arms. Turkey and Syria possess a long history of hostility for each other. Recep has again and again called the Syrian government to stop inhumane behaviour. I am not at all defending Syria not condemning Turkey. I am just saying that under the influence of Europe and US mostly Muslim countries are digging pits for themselves. In this way entire Muslim world will be facing Summer, Spring or Winter sooner or later. When will Muslim countries stop interfering villianly in each others' internal affairs? Now those very forces who declared Bashar regime totalitarian are accusing Recep regime to be authoritarian.
43rd CTP (PAS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
When I say Turkey supported rebels it means politically and morally not necessarily with arms. Turkey and Syria possess a long history of hostility for each other. Recep has again and again called the Syrian government to stop inhumane behaviour. I am not at all defending Syria not condemning Turkey. I am just saying that under the influence of Europe and US mostly Muslim countries are digging pits for themselves. In this way entire Muslim world will be facing Summer, Spring or Winter sooner or later. When will Muslim countries stop interfering villianly in each others' internal affairs? Now those very forces who declared Bashar regime totalitarian are accusing Recep regime to be authoritarian.

Dear Saba,
There are no forces who accuse Recep being authoritative and totalitarian but the western media only because of his implementing Islamic reforms.....what media calls him does not simply matter.

The people over whom he rules favor him as is truly manifested in that the people of Turkey have given the chance to Justice and Development party and Recep Ordagan, popular opinion favours him.....what secularists and western media says simply does not matter.....

Do not compare his govt with Bashar Assad's regime as in Syria popular opinion is against him, his own people condemn him.....this is certainly not the case in Turkey.....so don't compare both.....
Old Monday, June 17, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Simple and plain fact is that Erdogan has been desperately trying to tinker with the secular constitution of Turkey and impose his authoritarian policies and religious views, taking cover of the good social works that he has done. This had to backfire sooner or later and the present demonstrations make perfect sense. Erdogan is merely proving that he lacks democratic spirit, now that he has also ordered a crackdown on the protesters. The guy can't even face criticism.

Quote:
I am astonished no one protested on the media that this was against the Law of Nature.
Law of Nature? What on earth is this 'Law of Nature'?