CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Federal Budget 2013-14 represented (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/80615-federal-budget-2013-14-represented.html)

Neo[t] Wednesday, June 12, 2013 07:40 PM

Federal Budget 2013-14 represented

Finance Minister, Ishaq Dar has presented the Federal Budget 2013-14 on the floor of the National Assembly.

The Rs 3.5 trillion budget was formally approved by the Federal Cabinet earlier. The focus of the budget was on overcoming the energy crisis, stabilization of the economy, cutting down on non-development expenditures and enhancing productivity through new growth strategies.

What opinion you people would like to give regarding this budget? Is it good enough for public or is it a public enemy budget?

wahabtahir Wednesday, June 12, 2013 07:59 PM

as the newly prime minister said the budget is amiable but i think it is up to some extent friendly ....... inflation ratio was turned a blind eye......... as the stipend was not doubled as inflation is inflating

comp Engr Wednesday, June 12, 2013 08:27 PM

Zohaib

[QUOTE='Neo[t];611881']Finance Minister, Ishaq Dar has presented the Federal Budget 2013-14 on the floor of the National Assembly.

The Rs 3.5 trillion budget was formally approved by the Federal Cabinet earlier. The focus of the budget was on overcoming the energy crisis, stabilization of the economy, cutting down on non-development expenditures and enhancing productivity through new growth strategies.

What opinion you people would like to give regarding this budget? Is it good enough for public or is it a public enemy budget?[/QUOTE]

Salam.

The present bugdet was approved by Finance minister.The statistics he briefed regarding bugdet is quite good in some sectors like Railway sector(RS 31 billion) which is actively destroyed.They need much improvement to get it on level as compare to other sectors.On other angle if we throw some light on them is Sales tax which is increased from 16% to 17% which means that products we buy is the need of our daily life price will increase depend on its fixed price(E.g the cigeratte is (28.44RS + 17%)=33.2.

RS 31 billion has allocated for Education which is same to Railway.The main important figure regarding pensioneries is increased to 5000rs / month which is quite impressed.

Regarding this approved budget for (2013-14) is quite good.But in some sectors sales tax has been touched the higher level.But this budget hit the middle class people.Some people was not expecting this reaction in form of budget.present Budget will spend the bulk of development for the energy sector and total 225 billionRs has been allocated for this purpose.Rs 59 billion have been allocated for the construction of new dams.The biggest most problem we are presently facing is energy crises which swallowed most of industries due to this energy crises.The budget,aims at restricting power sector losses, is expected to do so by bringing down subsidies and gradually increasing electricity tariff for all consumers.

Ministers discretionary fund has been scrapped.Prime Minister's house has been brought down by 40%.The Prime Minister's discretionary fund and secret funds of all government departments, except for national security agencies, have been frozen and scrapped.Benazir income support has been increased from 40 billion to 70 billion RS which means that Lower status people that depend on this Benazir income fund will be given 1200rs / month.

The Gwadar sea port will be linked to the northern areas of the country through a road link.The Pakistan Railways will be converted into a corporation.
The Government planes to build a road network inbfrasrtuctures.Motor way will be expanded.

Regards

Zohaib Khan Babar

new_horizons Wednesday, June 12, 2013 08:49 PM

Down with the budget !!! No increase in the salaries of govt. employees, it's incredible!:angry::vangry

Abid khan Achakzai Wednesday, June 12, 2013 09:05 PM

today PML(N) showed that it is old PMl(N) no change.this budget is just made to suck bloods of poor and imagine no increase in pay
can any body tell me what was so much appreciating in this budget except fancy dreams of tomorrow
laptop scheme and motorway and now no tax on 1200 cc cars but can ishaq dar specify that if i don't have food in my home and other basic necessities of life what should i do with car and motor way and laptop

VetDoctor Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:17 PM

Govt employees will be demotivated by this decision and they will not work efficiently and i think this is what PML-N want. They have two options.
1. To quit their jobs and go abroad or start some business.
2. To earn money through unfair means.

Bilal Hassan Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:00 PM

[B][COLOR="blue"]My Dear friends,
I know many people here vent up their emotions against PML (N) because they dislike them and also because their favourite parties could not win the majority.....

A rational and neutral person who has little perspicacity and insight about Economics, he will definitely support this budget as in present scenario this is the best budget they could come up with, keeping in mind how little time and resources they have.....

Those who are lamenting that there is no increase in Govt employees' salaries, they must bear in mind that what this would cause.....[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"][B]If they had increased the salaries, what would have been the impact?[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"][B]The already whooping fiscal deficit would increase further and how the government would bridge the gap between revenues and expenses? They would go for deficit financing, which would increase the nominal GDP but the Real GDP would still be there, so it would ultimately give rise to inflation.....The CPI at this level is promising some shining aspects, if there is no increase in fiscal deficit then there would be little inflation which is signifying a solid economy not a bubble economy.....[/B][/COLOR]

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Increase In taxes is Justified:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][COLOR="Blue"]The macro economic indicators are showing a gloomy picture, the revenues have to be generated, the fiscal policy of this government seems to be very good till now as the non taxed sectors are being taxed and the indirect taxes that they are imposing would bridge the gap between expenses and revenues.....The monetary policy in this scenario won't be much effective as inflation will denitely be curbed if we see little adjustment in market mechanism, that is not artificial but real......

The dying economy needs these drastic measures and we all have to be patient as when you have to get an economy out of a vicious cycle, you have to swallow some bitter pills, but the long lasting impacts would be seen.....[/COLOR][/B]

alihashmatkhoso Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:19 PM

[B]with such a huge fiscal deficit , to me this is a amicable budget. who wants rapid relief is living in fool's paradise.

stay blessed [/B]

VetDoctor Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:27 PM

[QUOTE=Bilal Hassan;611976][B][COLOR="blue"]My Dear friends,
I know many people here vent up their emotions against PML (N) because they dislike them and also because their favourite parties could not win the majority.....

A rational and neutral person who has little perspicacity and insight about Economics, he will definitely support this budget as in present scenario this is the best budget they could come up with, keeping in mind how little time and resources they have.....

Those who are lamenting that there is no increase in Govt employees' salaries, they must bear in mind that what this would cause.....[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"][B]If they had increased the salaries, what would have been the impact?[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"][B]The already whooping fiscal deficit would increase further and how the government would bridge the gap between revenues and expenses? They would go for deficit financing, which would increase the nominal GDP but the Real GDP would still be there, so it would ultimately give rise to inflation.....The CPI at this level is promising some shining aspects, if there is no increase in fiscal deficit then there would be little inflation which is signifying a solid economy not a bubble economy.....[/B][/COLOR]

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Increase In taxes is Justified:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][COLOR="Blue"]The macro economic indicators are showing a gloomy picture, the revenues have to be generated, the fiscal policy of this government seems to be very good till now as the non taxed sectors are being taxed and the indirect taxes that they are imposing would bridge the gap between expenses and revenues.....The monetary policy in this scenario won't be much effective as inflation will denitely be curbed if we see little adjustment in market mechanism, that is not artificial but real......

The dying economy needs these drastic measures and we all have to be patient as when you have to get an economy out of a vicious cycle, you have to swallow some bitter pills, but the long lasting impacts would be seen.....[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

I was expecting such response from you keeping in view your support to PML-N. I neither like a specific party nor dislike any party. but the thing is that if they rellay want to cut the expenditures then why they made the following decisions :
1. Distribution of laptops. ( we all know what is the usage of those laptops)
2. 75 billion rupees for income support programme which only support the voters of PPP (2008-13) and now hopefully PML-N voters (2013-18).
3. Interest free loans - which will surely be given to their near and dear ones.

you might disagree with my opinion but it is naked truth.
As You are living in Pakistan , can 17 grade officer make his/her both ends met with Rs.30,000/month. surely not, then what will he do. He/she has two options which i have already mentioned in my previous post.

wahabtahir Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:34 PM

it would be better to pray that may our country prosper inspite of picking holes in budget

02:39 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.