Thursday, April 25, 2024
11:54 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahab Farooqi View Post
Who said that being secular is a principle of Islam?
Actually sincer khan said to me that in Islam it is our duty to follow our own religion but we should give respect to the other religions because insulting of other religions is not allowed in Islam. And I told him that it is a basic Principle of Islam that gives respect to other religions.
But it does not mean that you make a secular state from/within a muslim state.

Like for example, Islam says that we (muslims) must not harm non muslims if they do not harm us (muslims). Because this is one of the basic principles of Islam. But Islam does not allow muslims to convert to other religions although Islam has respect for other relgions because secularism is not a part of Islam.
FEEL THE DIFFERENCE
Hmmm well the prospect of conversion and apostasy etc has to do with Muslim community laws and how it is organized, obviously a modern secular community has nothing to worry about people converting or not . I was trying to make a point whether being secular is a part of being Muslim, that is accepting the existence of other religions and working with them for mutual benefit of all. It is apparent that Holy Prophet (SAW) himself lived a very secular life and established trade and other forms of links along with military pacts with people of other faiths. Many of the Islamic traditions which can be traced back to the Prophet (SAW) time have been borrowed from other faiths, for example the punishment of stoning to death for married adulterers. And the soorah kafiroon of the Quran very much makes it pretty clear that aspects of theocracy, spirituality and faith may be considered separately. Thus claiming that Islam allows respecting other religions only when they don't harm you is a very unjust and narrow mindedly constructed prospect because Islam is continuously harming them by seeking converts from them.

Nevertheless I apologize for jumping in between your conversation.
Old Wednesday, November 26, 2014

EntityParadigm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by informer59 View Post
I am not sure what Jinnah said about it. But what I think about why a state should be secular is :

(Mentioning only few points)

1. Minorities (Non-muslims) are not getting their rights. Take an example of a pre-engineering students who are hafiz-e-Quran. They get some additional marks in their entry test score that help them to get admission in institute while hindus and christian students who have memorized Gita and Bible are not given any additional marks in entry test score. This a RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION.
(This still happens in NED engineering university Karachi)

2. Non-muslims are not eligible to become president or prime minister of a country. Why is it so ? If India where hindus are in majority, can have Muslim as head of the state then why not Pakistan ?
I think the motivations of a non muslim head of state would be incompatible with the laws of the state and as well as 97% of the country's population which is Muslim.

A non-muslim head of state for the 'Islamic Republic' of Pakistan? doesn't make any sense does it?
Old Thursday, November 27, 2014

Shahab Farooqi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincer khan View Post
ONly Pakistan
Give reasons why Pakistan must become a secular state. And why only Pakistan, why not all the muslim states then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
Hmmm well the prospect of conversion and apostasy etc has to do with Muslim community laws and how it is organized, obviously a modern secular community has nothing to worry about people converting or not . I was trying to make a point whether being secular is a part of being Muslim, that is accepting the existence of other religions and working with them for mutual benefit of all. It is apparent that Holy Prophet (SAW) himself lived a very secular life and established trade and other forms of links along with military pacts with people of other faiths. Many of the Islamic traditions which can be traced back to the Prophet (SAW) time have been borrowed from other faiths, for example the punishment of stoning to death for married adulterers. And the soorah kafiroon of the Quran very much makes it pretty clear that aspects of theocracy, spirituality and faith may be considered separately. Thus claiming that Islam allows respecting other religions only when they don't harm you is a very unjust and narrow mindedly constructed prospect because Islam is continuously harming them by seeking converts from them.

Nevertheless I apologize for jumping in between your conversation.
If Islam, seeking converts from other religions, is doing harm to these religions then what is your idea about the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.W) that the Holy Prophet made many muslims from non muslims by his best islamic moral character.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

sincere khan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Give reasons why Pakistan must become a secular state. And why only Pakistan, why not all the muslim states then.
My dear there is no religious violence in other islamic countries LIke Saudi, UAE, Turkey, Iran, Kuwait, except Syria and iraq because there are two group sunnis and shias, they busy to kill each other. while in our country situation is different because 97% of muslim population, but there are subgroup like Braveli, Tableghi, Wahabi, Deobandi, etc. these all are against each other, they called each other "KAFIR" so this is main reason that i want a secular Pakistan

A secular state is a concept wherein a state or country promotes itself to be officially neutral in the matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligious. It is independent of religion. All citizens are treated equal regardless of their religion and avoid being biased for a citizen of a particular religion. The government frees people from all the rules and teachings of religion. The government is not influenced by religion; it does include religion while making decisions for the state. The lack of religion in a state does not make it secular. Secular states become secular by the establishment of the state, It does not include religion in politics.

Quote:
My dear there is no religious violence in other islamic countries LIke Saudi, UAE, Turkey, Iran, Kuwait, except Syria and iraq because there are two group sunnis and shias, they busy to kill each other. while in our country situation is different because 97% of muslim population, but there are subgroup like Braveli, Tableghi, Wahabi, Deobandi, etc. these all are against each other, they called each other "KAFIR" so this is main reason that i want a secular Pakistan

A secular state is a concept wherein a state or country promotes itself to be officially neutral in the matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligious. It is independent of religion. All citizens are treated equal regardless of their religion and avoid being biased for a citizen of a particular religion. The government frees people from all the rules and teachings of religion. The government is not influenced by religion; it does include religion while making decisions for the state. The lack of religion in a state does not make it secular. Secular states become secular by the establishment of the state, It does not include religion in politics.
The cause of violence in Pakistan is not due to the muslim status of the country but it is because of the the corrupt government and weak law and order situation of the country. And these are the foreign agents who make the groups fight and weaken Pakistan. For example target killing in Karachi is not because Pakistan is a muslim state but it is because of the weak law and order situation. Now it is the responsibity of the State heads how to defend itself from external as well as internal threats.
And if Pakistan becomes a secular state but even the violence continues due to the corrupt government and weak law and order situation then.......
The violence is not fault of the muslim state but it is fault of the corrupt government and its weak system of law and order situation and justice.

Quote:
The cause of violence in Pakistan is not due to the muslim status of the country but it is because of the the corrupt government and weak law and order situation of the country. And these are the foreign agents who make the groups fight and weaken Pakistan. For example target killing in Karachi is not because Pakistan is a muslim state but it is because of the weak law and order situation. Now it is the responsibity of the State heads how to defend itself from external as well as internal threats.
And if Pakistan becomes a secular state but even the violence continues due to the corrupt government and weak law and order situation then.......
The violence is not fault of the muslim state but it is fault of the corrupt government and its weak system of law and order situation and justice.
No this is the fault of Fake MOlla LIke Fazle rehman. Siraj ull haq, sami ul haq and other because they openly speak against other sect..they create religious violence, sectarian violence etc
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: PMS KPK 2013

Rehman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No this is the fault of Fake MOlla LIke Fazle rehman. Siraj ull haq, sami ul haq and other because they openly speak against other sect..they create religious violence, sectarian violence etc
bro then whose responsibility it is to maintain law and order and arrest and prosecute those delivering hate speech????
Actually the state lacks the will to put an end to sectarian violence. Operation zarb e azb is initiated against one kind of terrorists (TTP, ETIM) but other type of terrorists( sectarian) conducts attacks with impunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehman View Post
bro then whose responsibility it is to maintain law and order and arrest and prosecute those delivering hate speech????
Actually the state lacks the will to put an end to sectarian violence. Operation zarb e azb is initiated against one kind of terrorists (TTP, ETIM) but other type of terrorists( sectarian) conducts attacks with impunity.
there must be an extra operation against them, like Bangladesh and Egypt where they arrested and killed all those leaders who were speaking against country and were creating religious violence
Old Friday, November 28, 2014

FAIRUFF is on a distinguished road
Default A Secular state or A real Islamic State

Quote:
ONly Pakistan
Dear Sincere khan, I want to quote something, your words from an other thread of you, let me quote :

Come and Join IK

I am a medical student and so is my elder brother. My elder brother who is a gold medalist doctor in USA wanted to work and serve in a changed Pakistan where the system is for its people but sadly had to leave this country, because Pakistan is governed by corrupt politicians.
But today we have a leader Imran Khan and this chance to make him Prime Minister so he can make our country what we really want it to be, and then I don't leave this country like my brother and many other talented people had to and serve my people in a better system and i am sure that only Imran Khan can do this so i stand with IK and participated in all rallies he did on Minar e Pakistan and now in this Azadi march Dharna Lahore at Lalik Jan Chawk.
Hope that we can make this country where justice prevails and it gets developed and then next generation open its eyes in a real independent Islamic welfare state of Pakistan. Aameen!

Syed Umar, Lahore"

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/d...e-join-ik.html

Would you please like to explain a little bit more for us, because your these two statements are quite contrary to each other, aren't they?