Thursday, April 25, 2024
12:44 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, March 16, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

prieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy What’s going on….…….…..an experience from my life?

Assamoalikom, to all the worthy members of the forum..…

Today I would like to share an unusual and bizarre experience of angst and unease of my life…

It happened to be a fine sunny morning on 16th march 2007… today I was having an evening Class in the university …so I have to leave for university after jummah prayers…. I was watching the current situation prevailing in the capital city Islamabad… live on television… thanks to GEO TV for providing running commentary of the state of affairs….

According to them all the roads including the MARGALLAH ROAD, THE JINNAH AVENUE (commonly known as Blue area), SHAHRAI DASTOOR AND the MAIN KASHMIR HIGH WAY were COMPLETELY sealed…. apart from it all the ways and the entrance points to Islamabad including FAIZABAD and RAWALPINDI were completely closed for all sorts of traffic…. and the violators were arrested by the police…this was a cause of immense inconvenience for the common public….

Now I was in a state of confusion, whether to go to university in these circumstances or not…and if I had to go then which way should I adopt…. I would like to mention here that, the major reason behind my stress and tension was that the main political buildings including THE BALUCHISTAN HOUSE, THE PARLIAMENT HOUSE and THE GREAT SUPREME COURT ARE IN THE WAY TO the university… so under these conditions it was a risk to both life as well as the transport which I was supposed to go on…so I was really puzzled that what I should do…

Anyhow the class was to be commenced on time… so I prayed to god aur Allah ka naam le kar I started my journey towards the university…I prayed to almighty Allah for protection and avoidance of any horrendous or unpleasant incident…

I knew I was moving towards jeopardy, but still I was certain that there might be some way where I could go from…. on my way i saw that there was a hefty amount of police force on the roads… apart from this there were large number of RANGERS at every 2-3 km…. police vans and cars were patrolling all around….

Luckily the way I opted was free from any sort of mob and rabbles…. No doubt all the link roads leading towards the above mentioned buildings were totally sealed with barriers, chains and thorn wires…. but the main highway was open and the traffic was going on…. I was happy that I wont miss my class… but I had to travel almost 12-14 km extra due to sealing of other roads…. at last I reached university in time.

On my way back at about six, I got the news that police smashed down into GEO’s office…
I was astounded to hear this… first an attack on judiciary and now media…. in fact attack on another pillar of the state….
It was so depressing and heartrending… I felt very sad to know the current situation… what will happen of our motherland? what will be the future…. What kind of image we are portraying to the international media…what will become of a common layman, government and civil servants and students …who suffer without any reason and explanation… Will the situation and the state of affairs come to normal… these were some questions striking again and again in my mind….

But I like many others was totally HELPLESS and VULNERABLE before the prevailing situations…what I can do is only pray to almighty Allah to save our country… to take our country out of this anarchy, disorder, lawlessness and save us from the rebellious attitude of those who are from ourselves….

I request all the honorable members to pray for the prosperity and well being of our beloved country….and pray allah that the conditions may resume to normal soon... god bless our HOME…inshallah.

Regards,

A Man Would Do Nothing,
If He Waited Until He
Could Do It So Well
That No One Would Find Fault
With What He Has Done.
Old Saturday, March 17, 2007

shayan is on a distinguished road

salam,
i thught tht gov policy is cleared 2 all of us.chief justice 's son how sot job all v know.so its simpli pathetic 2 wait 4 an honest result bi our gov.
in geo channel show conducted bi hamid mir named capital talk choudhari aitisaz hasan said that only name receipts (namon ki parchian) reaches 2 pm or president and he or she selects in ISI.
So dont panic plz.bt i m not any more able 2 believe this gov, css procedure and other things.
this is the countri where chief justice cant get justice.
4 elite there is elite police and 4 us there is danda police.
i m not appearing in css 2007.

amy has a spectacular aura aboutamy has a spectacular aura about

@prieti
sister ,happy to know that u have reached safe and sound back to ur home after passing this very unpleasent incident..........u know same questions are striking on my mind also and i was weeping literaly at the site of attacks, first on our judiciary and then on media.
Govt. fails to handle situation its becoming vulnerable day by day.........attack on Geo is not not a mere attack on an office it is an attack on journalism nationaly as well as internationaly.what else can i say except that im in blood tears.
i pary to ALLAH that this country, my country , our country will soon come out of this disastrous scenario.(AMEEN).

@Shayan
i just want to say that dont loose hope there is always a ray of light present.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

Sister thanx Allah pak that you reached back to home safe and sound..... You are truly brave, if i would have been at your place than i must not have gone there... most probably ur univeristy is QUaid-e-Azam university ????

any how, my younger sister is taking BA papers and her examination centre is at Muree Road, near double road/shamasabad/arid agriculture university. i and my elder brother went there and we remained there sitting in car and then walking around only to save the thing that if we go somewhere else then we may have problems in reaching to her examination centre. we used way of faizabad to go back to home and the intensity of police there.. Allah....

at this period of time, we can only pray for good for the country otherwise the conditions are not good, not at all.... worst form of situations are prevailing around.....

prissygirl will become famous soon enoughprissygirl will become famous soon enough

i believe this govt.is failed in leading the country towards prosperity and peace....infact it is driving its people crazy..
it has already been discussed earlier about the bomb attacks,its consequences and the govt,s strategy,u always have a news to hear almost after a week or so.why? for how long we have to wait,govt.efforts are fruitless..the constitutional and law and order situations are not out of sight any more.
in this situation,if people of pakistan are suffering they are also resposible to certain sufferings to some extent by creating panic showing no sensible attitude towards their nation and country.
if we talk about the majority we wont find momins sitting in the legilative assemblies in the parliment, in the courts and other ruling seats of the country....everyone is taking benifit through fair or unfair means.
if the chief justice have used means for his son to b trained as a csp officer...why not the govt.go after those who are the true law breakers in this regard,giving favor to his son.
it is as clear as day that there is no democracy in pakistan,no freedom of speech, but there is dictatorship and if the situation prevails, a day will come when there will b no freedom of thought(Allah will help us Inshallah).
attack on supreme court's superiority and attack on geo office is simply an attack on liberty and freedom of pakistan.no one can be superior to justice and so is the judiciary.
we as the pakistanis can only pray for the prosperity and well being of our motherland which gives us the identity in the muslim world around the globe
May Allah help us in this hour of fear, terror and hopelessness and encourage us to face all these ups and downs with steafastness.Amen
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

A Rehman Pal is on a distinguished road
Unhappy A well planned script

Hello all!..
@Prieti
BRAVO for the bold step.. but my humble advise...next time if such situation exist u better dont go out.....coz it doesnt sound HEROIC at all

I agreed wid all honourable members who opined that we r nt going in the rite direction and will end up in a catastrophy if we continued following this path of brutality, injustice, dictatorship..
i was just wondering that all these things which r happening around us for last one week or so are just mere coincidences or a well planned script bieng followed and acted upon..? Are we (as nation) bieng hijacked by our ruling lot and guided on a path where they want us to end..? One after the other....there is something BIG which might b coming out of from the HIGH UPs soon..

last_resort is on a distinguished road
Default Something is rotten in state of Pakistan

SALAM TO ALL OF U,

Can I dare say a mad elephant is ravaging all which comes in its way? well, its pity we r living in a civilized world of THE GENERAL with a lot of uncivility.He poses himself to be a moderate and enlightened but in brutal fashion.I must say here " Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely".Last but not the least only solution to all our ills is; DEMOCRACY.If it fails then more democracy so on and on.......... Let these " Watch Dogs" be sent back to defend frontiers of the state.

Zahid Mushtaq.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Wounded Healer has a spectacular aura aboutWounded Healer has a spectacular aura about

this marks the beginning of the END for MUSHARRAF..........
and veracity of such shall one day vindicate
the vigilant and the virtuous.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

prieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura about

@shayan

well we hav to liv in this country under the prevailing conditions....and hav to face all these circumstances...i also saw capital talk and i totally agree wid ur comments...about the injustice in our country...
but again we the educated youth has to do something to Revolutionize and transform the situation....
still we can hope for the best.... be optimistic..... mayousi is frobidden in our religion....hope u understand...

@amy

sis i can understand ur feelings....we should pray to god for the betterment and safety of our motherland...ameen

@tabassum and prissygirl and lastresort
agreed

@rehman
first thanks for the compliment....
secondly i am thankful for ur humble advice....nevertheless i didnot go to demonstrate any heroic act or to prove myself HEROIC.... but i surely will try to act upon ur advice in future....
rather i wish such a situation never occurs in future...inshallah

anyways thanks to all for paying attention replying....
god bless our home inshallah

@wounded healer

yes ur right dear....it appears to be same to me as well.....

regards.

A Man Would Do Nothing,
If He Waited Until He
Could Do It So Well
That No One Would Find Fault
With What He Has Done.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 01:26 AM.

amy has a spectacular aura aboutamy has a spectacular aura about

agreed with wounded healer and prieti.