CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Blasphemy Laws (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/84983-blasphemy-laws.html)

Mutu Saturday, September 21, 2013 02:55 PM

Blasphemy Laws

Council of Islamic Ideology is considering changes in blasphemy law to prevent it from being misused.I would request respected members to share their views.

Invincible Saturday, September 21, 2013 04:09 PM

[B][QUOTE=Mutu;650715]Council of Islamic Ideology is considering changes in blasphemy law to prevent it from being misused.I would request respected members to share their views.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, its a long-awaited step. Blasphemy law (Section 295-PPC) has been abused by Muslims to fulfill their personal vendettas.

Fingers crossed.. :))[/B]

Mutu Saturday, September 21, 2013 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=Invincible;650732][B]

Indeed, its a long-awaited step. Blasphemy law (Section 295-PPC) has been abused by Muslims to fulfill their personal vendettas.

Fingers crossed.. :))[/B][/QUOTE]

Some moderate members in CII have suggested changes in Blasphmey law but some hard-liner Maulvis are opposing those changes.I wish these orthodox maulvis realise the importance of promoting religious tolerance.

Last Island Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:33 PM

Loop is in the implementation of the law. Where the authorities show leniency, people take charge. Gustakh e Rasool must be hanged. Period.

Mutu Sunday, September 22, 2013 12:25 AM

[QUOTE=Last Island;650846]Loop is in the implementation of the law. Where the authorities show leniency, people take charge. Gustakh e Rasool must be hanged. Period.[/QUOTE]

But Blasphmey law must not be used to promote religious discrimination and intolerance.Government must take measures in prevent it from being misused,unless Pakistan may become a hell for religious minorities.

Muhammad T S Awan Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:29 AM

1). Positive changes in the law may be need of the hour, however, basic problems are not lying with the contents of law, rather in its implementation.

[QUOTE=Invincible;650732][B]

[/B][/QUOTE]

2. Please do not generalize Muslims. Some of the Muslims can be made, but it does not mean that Islam or all Muslims are bad!

[QUOTE=Mutu;650881]But Blasphmey law must not be used to promote religious discrimination and intolerance.Government must take measures in prevent it from being misused,unless Pakistan may become a hell for religious minorities.[/QUOTE]

3. Yes, government must take measures for proper implementation of the law. Further, no need to worry for Pakistan becoming a hell for religious minorities. This is not going to happen :). You may like to study former USSR's policies in Central Asia, Indian's behaviour with the minorities etc and can realize that there is great tolerance in the country in comparison to those countries :)

Invincible Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:44 AM

[B][B][QUOTE=Last Island;650846]Loop is in the implementation of the law. Where the authorities show leniency, people take charge. [U][SIZE=3]Gustakh e Rasool must be hanged. Period[/SIZE][/U].[/QUOTE]

3 Points:-

1.That 'Gustakh' can only be hanged by Court after following due process of law, never by lynching.

2.No evidence is ever brought forward especially in cases of verbal exchange where a person is charged with blasphemy; uncontrolled mob beats man to death on the basis of just hearsay; it is dreadful & disgusting.

3.Laws are made to protect the weak of the society and not the other way round. This law seems to prey on the weak.

Regards,

[/B][/B]

[B][QUOTE=Muhammad T S Awan;650943]1)

2. Please do not generalize Muslims. Some of the Muslims can be made, but it does not mean that Islam or all Muslims are bad! [/QUOTE]

My comment was in context to those Muslims who had been misusing that vulnerable law for their vested interests.

[/B]

Irtika Sunday, September 22, 2013 12:27 PM

Changes should be made in blasphemy law....!!

I agree with[B] Mutu[/B] and [B]Invincible[/B] that changes should be made in the law for using its misuse.

I was happy that changes are finally going to take place in blasphemy and other laws but again hardliners are against it.

Nothing is wrong in changing man made law, and specially those laws which are used for personal interests. I did not see any case of blasphemy which is handled with proper procedure.

Even due to its wrong interpretation we losed good politician like Salam Taseer who did not talk against anyone but just wanted to change this law.

There are good memebers in CII who are finally suggesting changes in law(for which Salman Taseer losed his life) like Mualana AShrafi. But he end up by demand of his resignation. Maulana Ashrafi was right when he said that "a false accusation needed to face death penality because the words were actually uttered by the accuser."

Nothing is wrong about the statement of Maulana Ashrafi, accuser should be punished for wrong doing. Why hardliners are favoring the accuser and have not any sympathy for accused!

Today we are defaming Islam, by killing and protecting killers. We are killing in the name of The Prophet who said that killing a human is equall to killing whole humanity.

Mutu Sunday, September 22, 2013 03:41 PM

Muhammad T S Awan

Brother,there is flaw in the blasphmey law itself.It has been used as a tool to oppress religious minorities.I think that government must take measures to prevent it from being misused.And regarding current situation of minorities in Pakistan,recent attack on the church answers your question.

sabahatbhutta Sunday, September 22, 2013 04:26 PM

[SIZE="3"]In a country having merely 10% minorities population, do you really think there is a need for Blasphemy law?
If I am a person belonging to any minority would I ever dare to blaspheme? Whilst I know my house along with entire colony would be burnt and I would be dead.
This law has been a tool to fulfil petty interests.
Did a person ever accussed of committing blasphemy, could succeed to prove his innocence?
Its impossible![/SIZE]

11:58 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.