CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Today ..... The Most Important Opinion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/8552-today-most-important-opinion.html)

Mazher Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:27 AM

Today ..... The Most Important Opinion

[B][I][COLOR=blue]Salamz,[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=#0000ff]I am starting this threat to share updated opinions on daily basis to excel the thinking approach of myself and all readers of the forum.[/COLOR][/I][/B]

[B][I][COLOR=#0000ff]I will share definitely and hope that all intellectuals must encourage me with their opinions on Domestic and International Issues.[/COLOR][/I][/B]

[B][I][COLOR=#0000ff]Best Regards,[/COLOR][/I][/B]

[B][I][COLOR=#0000ff]Mazhar[/COLOR][/I][/B]

Mazher Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:31 AM

[B]Musharraf mistackles the situation repeatedly after having influenced conditional support of US in his current reign. Nawab Bugti was killed and now Courts are in danger. Here I am putting yesterday's article of "Washington Post" that must be read.

Regards[/B]
:) :) :)

[QUOTE][B]Lawyers Press Musharraf With Protests
Clash Over Judge Grows Into Challenge of Pakistani Leader’s Rule
By Griff Witte Washington Post Foreign Service
LAHORE, Pakistan, March 20 — When the police broke into the offices of some of this city’s best-known lawyers last week, they didn’t hold back. They smashed through doors and windows, tossed computers, ransacked files and beat anyone standing in their way with iron-tipped batons.
“We couldn’t even see them because of the tear gas, but we could hear the cries of our lawyers,” said Khurram Latif Khosa, a counselor who was in the courtyard below.
To Khosa, the raid was a clear message from Pakistan’s president, Gen. Pervez Musharraf: Don’t cross me. But Khosa, like lawyers across this country, is failing to heed it.
In a controversy that has gripped Pakistan and poses perhaps the most serious challenge yet to Musharraf’s leadership, the nation’s executive and judiciary are clashing over the president’s decision nearly two weeks ago to suspend the Supreme Court chief justice. Lawyers in black suits have staged almost daily protests since, as the president’s political opponents joined in. The police have responded with several raids, including one on the nation’s most popular television station. A major protest is expected Wednesday in the capital, Islamabad, with organizers calling for a nationwide strike.

To the lawyers and other Musharraf critics, the protests are about far more than a decision to suspend a judge. The larger question, they say, is whether Pakistan will be governed by the rule of law, or by one-man rule.
“People are starting to deeply resent this idea that he is the only one who knows what is right for Pakistan. Are the rest of us 160 million bloody idiots?” said Ejaz Haider, news editor of the Friday Times newspaper.
Musharraf, a U.S. ally who came to power nearly eight years ago in a bloodless coup, has defended the suspension, saying there were serious allegations against the judge and he was obligated to refer them to a special council that will rule on the matter. So far, the exact allegations have not been made public.
As for the behavior of the police, the president has tried to distance himself, and even alleged there is “a conspiracy” within his government to embarrass him. Musharraf also denied accusations that he is trying to manufacture an emergency so he can postpone elections this fall.
“We will go forward on the course, which is elections this year when the five-year tenure of assemblies is completed. I am firmly resolved to do that and I will do it,” he said in an interview Monday with Geo television, the private Pakistani network raided by police only three days earlier.
Critics are unconvinced. The suspension, they say, is part of an effort by an autocratic president to snuff out fledgling democratic institutions that challenge his authority.
“This is an attack on the judiciary as an institution. Tomorrow, other institutions might be victims of the attack,” said Ahsan Bhoon, president of the Lahore High Court Bar Association. “If the dictator is not stopped, there will be anarchy. There will be civil war.”
Pakistani legal experts say Musharraf was within his rights in referring allegations against the chief justice, Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry, to a special council for review. But many say he erred in suspending Chaudhry before the council ruled on the allegations. On Tuesday, one of Pakistan’s three deputy attorneys general resigned, saying the crisis had made it “very difficult” for him to perform his duties, the Reuters news agency reported.
Chaudhry, who was appointed by Musharraf, has won praise in legal circles for his willingness to stand up to the government. Late last year, for instance, he pressed for information about individuals who allegedly disappeared at the hands of the nation’s intelligence services.
The elections pose a major test for Musharraf later this year, and Chaudhry was expected to rule on issues that could complicate the president’s bid for another term. Among the open questions is whether Musharraf will face a vote in the current parliament to endorse him for another term as head of state, or in a new parliament that might view him less favorably. The current parliament came to power in 2002 elections that were marked by irregularities. Also in doubt is whether Musharraf will have to resign his post as head of the army, a critical job in Pakistan.
“All his power comes from his uniform. None of it comes from the constitution,” said Zafar Ali Shah, a leading opposition figure.

Political opponents have been quick to take the lawyers’ side in the dispute over Chaudhry. Since Musharraf came to power, the opposition has been badly fractured. Vigorous economic growth during his tenure, plus the failure of past democratic governments, has made it difficult for opponents to mount a strong challenge. But in recent weeks, rightand left-wing groups have stood shoulder to shoulder in demonstrations.
They have not received much support from abroad, however. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack has defended the president, saying Tuesday that “President Musharraf has made a commitment to change Pakistan, and we think that that is a positive thing.”
One Western diplomat said that Musharraf had made “a blunder” but that there was still time to recover. “This could go badly, but it could also all go away in a couple of days,” said the diplomat, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak publicly on the issue. “What will be telling is if we start seeing average citizens — not lawyers and not party members — coming out on the streets. And if we see protests going beyond the major urban centers.”
The general public’s failure to join the demonstrations so far may be the result of the nature of the controversy. It hinges on complex constitutional questions in a country with illiteracy rates around 50 percent.
In Lahore, long the intellectual and cultural capital of the country, thousands of lawyers have taken to the city’s frenetic streets to protest. On Saturday, they were preparing to lead a demonstration from the century-old court buildings when, they said, the police preemptively assaulted them with tear gas, rocks and baton charges. Days later, several admitted to throwing rocks back — but they said there was no doubt the police initiated the fracas.
“We were not armed. Our weapons were words — that’s all,” said Khosa, 39, whose hand was wrapped in bandages after he was struck by a baton while defending his father during an earlier protest last week. His father, also a lawyer, needed six stitches to close a wound on his forehead after he was hit.
In all, 100 lawyers were injured Saturday in Lahore, and at least 40 offices were ransacked. The city’s police chief declined to comment.
At a boisterous meeting Monday, hundreds of lawyers listened to speech after speech condemning the president, and responded by chanting, “Go Musharraf, go!”
Before departing, the lawyers were told to prepare for the protest on Wednesday.
“As lawyers, we are peaceful,” said one speaker, Azam Nazir Tarar. “But we are not afraid of bullets.”

[/B][/QUOTE]

Najabat Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:40 AM

@Mazhar
Well brother innovative ide@,though IM not an intellect but i must encourage such qualitative steps for open discussion over current affairs on daily basis.Brother there is one issue i want to discuss or have a solid and on ground situational view that is current conflict between Hammas and Alfatah.Both struggle for an independent Palestine.All Muslims favor them for an independent Palestinian states.But why they combat each other. Whats the conspiracy of this conflict.Why I feel Muslims first fight with others with the Holy name of Jihad and after some or complete freedom, come to blows each other.Afghanistan and Palestine give me a clear glimpse of it.And no doubt the benefit is always taken by the enemies.Nwayz best wishes for all.

Mazher Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:06 PM

[B]@ Najabat

[QUOTE]No One is Perfect!
So IM No One
[/QUOTE]

Nice signatures .... I really like it

[QUOTE]@Mazhar
Well brother innovative ide@,though IM not an intellect but i must encourage such qualitative steps for open discussion over current affairs on daily basis[/QUOTE]

Thanxxx 4 appreciation :)

1st sign of intellect is 2 deny 2 hav it so I think u r more intellectual than me coz u said very well e.g.

[QUOTE]Brother there is one issue i want to discuss or have a solid and on ground situational view that is current conflict between Hammas and Alfatah.Both struggle for an independent Palestine.All Muslims favor them for an independent Palestinian states.But why they combat each other. Whats the conspiracy of this conflict.Why I feel Muslims first fight with others with the Holy name of Jihad and after some or complete freedom, come to blows each other.Afghanistan and Palestine give me a clear glimpse of it.And no doubt the benefit is always taken by the enemies[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed with ur view point....

Plz keep sharing

Best Regards

[/B]

Najabat Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:12 PM

@Mazhar,
Well i don't think so that Musharraf mistacles all situations,I think Musharraf's decisions in past are quite Wise and US support was no doubt a necessary evil in Post 11 scenario.Well about current situation mishandling i just want to say we can't predict much from such dictatotors.If he violates constitution for his emergence arrival into top seat of Paksitan then how we expect such respect for constitution from his side.But hereby I as an independent citizen of Paksitan strongly condemn all such poor handling of CJ case and the misconduct with Lawyers community.

Najabat Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:15 PM

@ Mazhar,
Thanx for all words bro.I don't think i deserve all.Nwayz thanx again.

Mazher Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:26 PM

[QUOTE][B]Holocaust Survivors Awarded $300 Million
More than $300 million in unpaid insurance claims were awarded to 48,000 Holocaust survivors for harm they suffered during World War II, the International Commission on Holocaust Era Insurance Claims said yesterday.

The commission concluded its claims and appeals process after a worldwide outreach campaign began in 1998 to ensure that insurance companies fulfilled their obligations.

Its review was able to match those survivors submitting claims with more than 70 European insurance companies and businesses.

“I fully recognize that no amount of compensation can redress the suffering inflicted during the Holocaust,” said Lawrence S. Eagleburger, who chaired the panel. Still, he said, the panel “has achieved its goal of bringing a small measure of justice to those who have been denied it for so long.”[/B][/QUOTE]

Dear Najabat.... I think..... This is answer of ur query :(

"kiun k sach hamesha kad-wa hota hay" iss liay hav courage 2 listen that .... "jo cho-ra (strong) hota hay wo sach (truth) bolta hay"

Mazher Saturday, March 24, 2007 05:23 PM

:) :) :) :) :)

Muqarrab Saturday, March 24, 2007 06:18 PM

[B][I]

nice idea

[/I][/B]

Sureshlasi Saturday, March 24, 2007 07:03 PM

Firstly i must appreciate u for introducing such beneficial reforms in forum. I think we can discuss on most burning issue of " Chief justice ". I think it is inappropriate to accuse any party till they are not proved to b convicted.

As Mr President has dismissed Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry, alleging that he misused his office.Chaudry's "misuse of office" was to investigate the disappearances of four hundred people, many of them human rights workers, who were arrested since the War on Terrorism began, as well as to prevent the sale of a government-run steel mill and the conversion of a public park in Islamabad to a privately-run mini golf club. But a Question arises that President hold the rights to accuse Chief justice. His name has been omitted from supreme court website and Flags are disappeared from his place. but according to constitution 1972 point 209, a chief justice will continously perform his services till he is not proved as convicted.

Geo TV and its arch rival Aaj TV were banned on Monday and the two channels went out off the air for several hours after they declined the instructions from the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority, (PEMRA) to stop coverage of the bloody lathi-charge on the agitating lawyers in which several of them including opposition Pakistan People Party (PPP) Senator and Advocate Lathif Khan Khosa sustained head injuries. Besides , Attack at Geo head office arouse the doubt of public that something wrong going on behind the curtain.

In an article published in The Washington Post, former Pakistani Premier Benazir Bhutto dismissed claims that only Musharraf stood in the way of nuclear-armed fundamentalists, "The notion of Musharraf's regime as the only non-Islamist option is disingenuous and the worst type of fear-mongering.

President Musharraf's government faces elections later this year. He has stated his intention to remain in power for five more years to "in order to roll back religious extremism, ensure political stability and sustained economic growth." His plan for re-election is to get the outgoing Parliament to re-appoint him to another five-year term before the elections!
I guess , Mr President feel discomfort with Iftikar choudry because he would become a big barrier for future intends.

09:29 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.