CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Is Islam a religion or Deen ? (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/89465-islam-religion-deen.html)

MUHAMMAD TAIMOUR Saturday, January 25, 2014 08:27 AM

Is Islam a religion or Deen ?

Asalam u Alikum

Is Islam a religion or deen some people say Islam is a [B]religion[/B] and some say it is a [B]deen[/B]?
what are your views about it!!!!!!!

Insaf Sindhu Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:22 AM

ISlam is a Deen

[SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"][B]AOA Dear,

Your question simply refer us to the Holy Quran:

الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمْ الإِسْلامَ دِيناً

“This day I have perfected (completed) your Deen for you, completed My favourupon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your Deen.”
(Aayah No. 3, Surah Al-Ma’idah, Chapter No. 6, Holy Qur’an).

JAZAKALLAH!
[/B][/SIZE][/SIZE]

MUHAMMAD TAIMOUR Saturday, January 25, 2014 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=Insaf Sindhu;689410][SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"][B]AOA Dear,

Your question simply refer us to the Holy Quran:

الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمْ الإِسْلامَ دِيناً

“This day I have perfected (completed) your Deen for you, completed My favourupon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your Deen.”
(Aayah No. 3, Surah Al-Ma’idah, Chapter No. 6, Holy Qur’an).

JAZAKALLAH!
[/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
then what does Deen and religion means ?
Describe them separately

spirit Saturday, January 25, 2014 03:58 PM

What is the difference between deen and religion?

Noman Ali Saturday, January 25, 2014 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=MUHAMMAD TAIMOUR;689461]then what does Deen and religion means ?
Describe them separately[/QUOTE]

Religion is a set of belief and values that are followed . All of our worships are part of religion. I.e Prayers; Fating; paying compulsary amount of 2.5% to needies ( Zakat); Performing Hajj at least once in life if have resources at disposal.

Deen on the other hand refers to a complete system. It inculdes all aspect of human life: Polictial; Social;Cultural; Judicial and so on.

What should be the relation between ruler and the ruled?
What should be rights and duties between husband and wife?
What should be rights and responsibilites among society and individuals?

in shortest words: The set of worships is called religion while deen guides us about each and every part of life.

Muhammad (PBUH) IS THE ONLY Prophet who established DEEN because Deen was never complete before him.

The above Ayat quoted by one of my brother has a complete philosophy in itself. The Above Ayat informs that the process of providing guidenace is complete now. Therefore, If anybody claims of prophethood he must be a KUZZAAB Jhota.
Prophets were sent to guide the humans. But since the Guidence is complete and there is no need of revealation anymore, therefore there is no need of prophet as well. That is Why Khatme e Nabuwwat ka inkaar karne wala Daaira e Islam say khaarij hai.

I hope you get the answer.

usmanwrites Saturday, January 25, 2014 05:08 PM

Deen or Mazhab ka tu suna tha
Religion and Deen ;)

Noman Ali Saturday, January 25, 2014 05:24 PM

Deen K leay English languge main koi word na milne ki waja say lafz deen hi use kia gaya hai. Whreas in English Religion word is available for urdu word "Mazhab"

ADIL KHESHGI Saturday, January 25, 2014 06:47 PM

Christianity was a religion as Islam is, so if religion means Mazhab then what the Christians used for their Deen?? I'm stunned as one of the respected members says that there's no word in English language for the expression of the Arabic word Deen. I'm of the view that Deen and religion are one and the same, Deen in Arabic while religion in English. What you're taking as religion is a school of thought. I'm a practising muslim and came across this difference for the first time. Saying that the English language is short of words for the expression Deen is ridiculous. Regards

aadi khokhar Saturday, January 25, 2014 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=ADIL KHESHGI;689562]Christianity was a religion as Islam is, so if religion means Mazhab then what the Christians used for their Deen?? I'm stunned as one of the respected members says that there's no word in English language for the expression of the Arabic word Deen. I'm of the view that Deen and religion are one and the same, Deen in Arabic while religion in English. What you're taking as religion is a school of thought. I'm a practising muslim and came across this difference for the first time. Saying that the English language is short of words for the expression Deen is ridiculous. Regards[/QUOTE]

Brother Adil,

Deen and Religion are not one and the same.Religion means Mazhab.

Mazhab is a set of beliefs and Deen means a way of life.This is where Islam is different from other religions as others are mere religions and Islam is a deen,a way of life.

Allah says in the Quran ch:3 verse 19 : ﴿إِنَّ الدِّينَ عِندَ اللَّهِ الإِسْلَـمُ﴾

Translation : Only way of life accepted in the sight of Allah is Islam

Regards

usmanwrites Saturday, January 25, 2014 07:05 PM

Practising muslim should know practical knowledge

10:25 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.