CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   MFN status to India (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/89506-mfn-status-india.html)

sikander kalhoro Sunday, January 26, 2014 06:17 PM

MFN status to India

[B]As Pakistani govt agreed to give NDMC (Non-discriminatory market access) in the replacement of MFN to India next month. In a return, India must assure Pakistan to export Indian products with lowered duties through Wagah-Attari border. Keeping in view the trade talks will benefit more to India by a big margin. Pakistan export worth $513 million, while India export worth $1.8 billion.

Now coming to the point, Will after giving India NDMA help both countries in improving ties? [/B]

Tassawur Sunday, January 26, 2014 06:43 PM

[QUOTE=sikander kalhoro;689884][B]As Pakistani govt agreed to give NDMC (Non-discriminatory market access) in the replacement of MFN to India next month. In a return, India must assure Pakistan to export Indian products with lowered duties through Wagah-Attari border. Keeping in view the trade talks will benefit more to India by a big margin. Pakistan export worth $513 million, while India export worth $1.8 billion.

Now coming to the point, Will after giving India NDMA help both countries in improving ties? [/B][/QUOTE]

[B][I][COLOR="Sienna"]My following piece of words, once published in Express tribune can be a relevant reading in this regard . [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/Tassawur/logo-2.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/Tassawur/23_11_2011_007_022.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
[B][I][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/news-articles/express-tribune/56821-my-words-published-todays-express-tribune.html"]Source[/URL][/SIZE][/I][/B]

Muhammad shah Monday, February 03, 2014 11:19 AM

In not a bad choise ??

Pakistan government is trying to revive good relations with India,if we analyse our future we will find that we will be on collision with India on water issue and all efforts will go in vein. I think instead of trading with India we should to focus on constructing Dams,reservoirs and water storage plants.Please share your view.:)

primo Monday, February 03, 2014 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=Muhammad shah;691897]Pakistan government is trying to revive good relations with India,if we analyse our future we will find that we will be on collision with India on water issue and all efforts will go in vein. I think instead of trading with India we should to focus on constructing Dams,reservoirs and water storage plants.Please share your view.:)[/QUOTE]

Trading with India and constructing water reserviors with power generating capapabilities are two different things (although both parts are interlinked, yup I know this statement is self contradictory)

First Part: Trade with India
Pakistan, comparitively a small and struggling economy, where the cost of production is high, with ever increasing energy shortage, cannot offer competitive prices. So the question of trade with India (or any other country for that matter) should only be answered on level playing field and trade should only be done where our own struggling industries are not affected.
Creating conducive environment for the survival of exisiting industry should be considered the matter of utmost importance for us.

Second Part: Constructing Dams and water reserviors
Obviously, it should always have been at the topmost priority on our government's list but unfortunately it never have had been. Even in the days of Ayub Khan the construction of dams/canals were only a response to India's plans of diversion of water. Thanks to the world bank for taking the lead.
Even the survival of our industries, agriculture and prospective trade (your first part) depends on how we move ahead

primo Monday, February 03, 2014 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=Tassawur;689901][B][I][COLOR="Sienna"]Smaller economies, in fact, have benefitted greatly. Take the case of Mexico ....[/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Our market is already bombarded with cheap chinese products, which has not only destroyed any prospects of our own small industries but also have immensely affected our sense of "A+" products as a nation.

What benefits have we taken from China(a big economy), we being his stretegic partners and with all that noise of friendship, that we should expect any good from trade with India(another big economy)?

sikander kalhoro Monday, February 03, 2014 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=primo;691932]Our market is already bombarded with cheap chinese products, which has not only destroyed any prospects of our own small industries but also have immensely affected our sense of "A+" products as a nation.

What benefits have we taken from China(a big economy), we being his stretegic partners and with all that noise of friendship, that we should expect any good from trade with India(another big economy)?[/QUOTE]

Trading with India should not be compared with Chinese products. China is our closer friend and figuratively, India isn't. It is a matter of MFN that will benefit both countries. Pak and India. .

Shehryar Aziz Monday, February 03, 2014 07:47 PM

It will benefit both the countries for sure. Just that one country(India) will benefit more than the other.

abreek Monday, February 03, 2014 11:54 PM

we claim that pakistan is independent,, ur whole statement is covered in this independency,, we will oversome india they day we become independent in true sense.

Muhammad shah Tuesday, February 04, 2014 11:35 AM

Yr i agree with you that Pakistan with a fragile economy needs some good trading partners that can help to uplift her economy but India,i think is not a good choice .From historic prospective it is evident that she has never accepted us as an independent state.We have many unresolved issues with India(Kashmir,water problem,LOC,trade,visa scams etc).They are strong evidences to jolt us.

Neo[t] Saturday, February 08, 2014 02:42 PM

Unfortunately this whole topic is contradicted itself. What we are discussing here over comes all the issues and compromises made by both countries. We have to see all aspects and then we will be able to decide whether this step is good for us or not? What i think and judge on this matter is that this decision will benefit India more than Pakistan but we must try to defend ourselves from India despite of having concentrations over economy only. Disputes like Kashmir, water problem, LOC, trade, visa scams (as mentioned by Muhammad Shah) are the major causes to make complications in relation of both countries. It is a fact that if we step forward a bit, India draws back like they don't want to resolve the tensions. For example, recently India has presented it's visitor visa in which more than 120 countries are able to enter India without any further complications except for Afghanistan and Pakistan. So far so bad.

03:05 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.