Friday, March 29, 2024
07:37 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, September 18, 2005
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam,

Brother, its a really good question. The possibilities seem less. Though its not impossible!

US invaded Iraq on the pretext of WMDs and Links of Saddam Hussein with Terrorists.

But when both these excuses have proved to be hollow, Bush changed his propaganda and now he's in Iraq to "flourish democracy".

Though if he (Bush) leaves at the moment... America's image is destined to be cherry-blossomed. But if he succeeds to flourish democracy while his stay and leaves the country afterwards, Bush will shout "mission accomplished". The media will help him here and he will be able to save his face to a major extent.

If your query is regarding saving America's face without performing the divine task of spreading democracy, I guess there is no way she can save her image.

(These are my personal views, people can disagree. Criticism and suggestions are allowed from now onwards)

Regards,
Adil Memon

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
The Following User Says Thank You to Adil Memon For This Useful Post:
Faisal86 (Tuesday, September 27, 2011)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationCSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007

Amoeba is on a distinguished road

I agree with Mr Adil ,America using media as a tool to spread her Terminologies and Agendas.We can see her cunning and dual nature from the History.After Russian Disintegration she used the Term"New world order".Bef 9/11 "WMD"After 9/11 "War on Terror" and now for Legitimising her encroachment and seizure of Iraq now Bush propagting "flourish democracy".
The Following User Says Thank You to Amoeba For This Useful Post:

tropican is on a distinguished road

Iraq was "carved out" of the Ottoman Empire by the British. Iraqi wasn't a nationality before. Iraqi isn't an ethnicity. It is a mixed bag of Kurds and Shia and Sunni Arabs. If Iraq is to be governed peacefully, then democracy is not the solution. The late King Fahd of Saudi Arabia once said that since Saudi Arab was a constellation of different tribes, monarchy is necessary for successful government.

Saddam was a tyrant, biased and self-centered dictator. Whatever he was, he was ONE person running the country. In the countries with hetrogenious ethnicities, groups and loyalities, the only possible way to successful governance is monarch or dictator etc but never democracy. Matternich, the famous Austrian aristocrat of early 19th century said that democracy can "turn bright daylight into midnight". At that time Austria-Hungary was also a such a hetrogenious mixture of various groups of people.

For democracy to succeed, in principle, Iraq will have to be dismembered.
The Following User Says Thank You to tropican For This Useful Post:
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam,

Thanks to you guys for promoting the discussion to a higher level.

@ Amoeba:

I agree to your points here. You're totally right.

@ Tropican:

I agree with you on the point of the creation of Iraq. But, the point that democracy can not flourish among a mixed bag of sects, seems somewhat confusing. You are right to say that Democracy is difficult to be flourished in a land of different sects. But do you really think Iraq can get dismembered if America prolongs her stay over there? If yes, then please explain. If no, it can be stated that a democracy, no matter however weak, will flourish.

I should say that you raised a very good point. I would like to request you to put your explanation here.

OUT OF THE BOX:
Tropican: Do you think Democracy, which we've been trying to persue since the last 58 years, is a healthy system for Pakistan?

Regards,
Adil Memon

Adil Memon
Old Monday, September 19, 2005

tropican is on a distinguished road

I will put forth that dismemberment of Iraq is not a weak possibility. In countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, something like autocracy will fare much better than democracy. History has shown at many places that democracy has resulted in division of peoples and creation of new countries. Afterall, the differences among Kurd, Sunni and Shia never were so much pronounced as they are now, after the talk of democracy.

Moreover, a divided Iraq, as I mentioned earlier too, with a sovereign Kurdistan, otherwise dependent upon the US, would be in the interest of the US. With that the US can very effectivle exploit the Kurd minorities in Iran and Turkey.

Also, after such heated debates among the legislators of Iraq, the idea of a truly united Iraq, with no regard to any differenciation as to Sunni Shia or Kurd is very far-fetched. A loose federation as put in the recent constitution is a tenuous hope. If that is rejected, anarchy will ensue and then the worst dreams of Muslim umma may come true ( God prevent that!).

Regarding the out of box question, debate would sound out of context here. May be on a separate thread, we can discuss that. Then I would love to hear your and other people's views on this.
The Following User Says Thank You to tropican For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, September 19, 2005
37th Common

Salaam,

Thanks for your beautiful explanation. I will soon prepare some other thread for discussion!

Regards,
Adil Memon

Adil Memon