Tuesday, April 23, 2024
11:17 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, July 22, 2014

wabarq is on a distinguished road

Hey i really appreciate ur concern about what kind of state we are living in... Pakistan meaning La ilaha illAllah or pakistan a secular state where everyone has the right of being a free countryman..? I think we are not living in any of such kind of state... pakistan is going through the crucial stage of survival and we pakistanis will see that there is always a candle of light burning for giving a sign of hope to convoy committed to long but destined purpose...
The Following User Says Thank You to wabarq For This Useful Post:
waqas izhar (Tuesday, July 22, 2014)
Old Wednesday, July 23, 2014

hsan is on a distinguished road

hmm declare religion as a private and personal affair of individual.The whole problem starts from the Name Islamic republic of Pakistan it should be Just pakistan. By keeping and declaring a state Islamic you Cant implement and put islam in hearts of people,we love islam its our matter why we enforce at whole? second thing Quaid did not mean secular state he meant liberal state he was not a secular he was a liberal and free of old irrational practices ,but he was a good muslim though intellectually ...i can quote his many quotations about islam and concept os islamic state
Old Sunday, July 27, 2014

informer59 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabarq View Post
Hey i really appreciate ur concern about what kind of state we are living in... Pakistan meaning La ilaha illAllah or pakistan a secular state where everyone has the right of being a free countryman..? I think we are not living in any of such kind of state... pakistan is going through the crucial stage of survival and we pakistanis will see that there is always a candle of light burning for giving a sign of hope to convoy committed to long but destined purpose...
You may like to read
i) http://www.dawn.com/news/1120284/pakistan-ka-matlab-kya
ii) http://www.dawn.com/news/1121773/pak...-matlab-kya-ii

waqas izhar will become famous soon enough

i don't see the rationale in making a majority Muslim country into a secular country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas izhar View Post
i don't see the rationale in making a majority Muslim country into a secular country.
It's because you do not want to.
Old Monday, July 28, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by informer59 View Post
It's because you do not want to.
show me then
The Following User Says Thank You to waqas izhar For This Useful Post:
wabarq (Monday, July 28, 2014)

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

I think this concept that Religion is a personal matter etc etc can be perfect and practical for other religions which give the people just few customs and traditions to follow to remain their disciples...Islam is not just a religion, it's a complete code of life.
As Far as the government matters are concerned if we see the history of Islam we will observe that Holy Prophet PBUH and the Caliphs were quite flexible in making policies. Sometimes we see the customs and way of governments were not disturbed or were not completely abolished...Only those things were addressed which had clear negative impacts or were based on injustice.
We may conclude that whatsoever the way of running the government may be, it should not be against Islam just...Means it should not be "Haram" but it is not necessary that it will be "Halal"; it can be "Mubah"...
In case of Pakistan...I will say what so ever the ideology is...It should be followed wholly not partially otherwise we will remain in constant chaos and confusion...As Allah says in Quran " Islam men purey dakhil hojao" Partial Entry in religion is also proven fatal sometimes.
I think personally that Jinnah used the word "Theocracy" depicting a school of thought that Islam is not a flexible religion, it has fixed rules etc etc...But if we see all the sects which accept "Fiqah" as a valid way of Jurisprudence, especially Hanafis , they regard Islam as quite flexible religion and actually it is possible that we can change the certain laws and customs but in the light of Quran and Sunnah...The term "Laboratory of Islam" can be put in practice only when "Fiqah" will be used otherwise it will be impossible because only via Fiqah we can derive a wide range of ways the masses can be governed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas izhar View Post
show me then
Sure, I will.

Consider an example of a pre-engineering students who are hafiz-e-Quran. They get some additional marks in their entry test score that help them to get admission in institute while Hindus and Christian students who have memorized Gita and Bible are not given any additional marks in entry test score. This a RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION.
(This still happens in NED engineering university Karachi)

If Pakistan become secular country, person from any group whether religious or non-religious will be treated with uniform rules and chances of like above mentioned discrimination will be reduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
Islam is not just a religion, it's a complete code of life.
Everyone say's same about their religion.

Quote:
the Caliphs were quite flexible in making policies.
Who will dare to oppose policy imposed by Dictator and absence of opposition may seem you flexible.

Quote:
We may conclude that whatsoever the way of running the government may be, it should not be against Islam
Why only Islam? It should be same for every religion.

Quote:
we can change the certain laws and customs but in the light of Quran and Sunnah
Everyone demands that laws must be according to their Holy Book which is not possible and that's why I favor for secularism.
The Following User Says Thank You to informer59 For This Useful Post:
waqas izhar (Monday, July 28, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by informer59 View Post
Sure, I will.

Consider an example of a pre-engineering students who are hafiz-e-Quran. They get some additional marks in their entry test score that help them to get admission in institute while Hindus and Christian students who have memorized Gita and Bible are not given any additional marks in entry test score. This a RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION.
(This still happens in NED engineering university Karachi)

If Pakistan become secular country, person from any group whether religious or non-religious will be treated with uniform rules and chances of like above mentioned discrimination will be reduced.
for that you don't need secularism. also such a discrimination is not right. i would say the hindus and christians should get an extra mark just for the fact that they are non muslims. ISlam never preached such discriminatory practices. but if such practices are being carried out then does it mean Islam is wrong? what is ISlam for you? what does Islam stands for you?

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

I will not go in a full length debate, but I will say one thing that the biggest difference between a Secular state and Islamic state is the "Rule of Desire"...Secular state will always remain under the influence of "Lust and Desires" of masses as well as the rulers...In Islamic state there is no place of one's own desires...People must have to obey the Book of Allah and Deeds of Holy Prophet PBUH whether it fulfils their desire or not.
For example recently ban on Marijuana is lifted in some parts of the world and people are struggling even in USA to lift the ban...Sexual relationship is allowed in some countries without getting bound in marriage institution if both man and woman are happy...Islam,on contrary, the religion of Nature, comprising the way of life given by the Creator, who knows about us even more then we do,not allow us to buy ignorance and devastation wit h our own hands.
Closed Thread