Friday, March 29, 2024
01:12 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, September 02, 2014

BabarRehmanShah is on a distinguished road

I am not an economist but I have very good resources from where i came to know that Army gets 48-50 pc, PAF gets 19-20 pc and Navy gets 10 pc. Other Armed forces include FC, Police depts of all provinces, Paramilitary troops, IB, FIA etc, also we have institutions like Atomic energy commission etc, people are not voluntarily working there.
Old Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabarRehmanShah View Post
I am not an economist but I have very good resources from where i came to know that Army gets 48-50 pc, PAF gets 19-20 pc and Navy gets 10 pc. Other Armed forces include FC, Police depts of all provinces, Paramilitary troops, IB, FIA etc, also we have institutions like Atomic energy commission etc, people are not voluntarily working there.
As I said, present evidence. Whatever sources gave you these figures are TOTALLY WRONG and you would do well to get your information from more reliable sources in the future. BTW, the police, IB etc have budgets totally separate from the Pakistan military (Army, Air Force and Navy). To get a better idea of how much money is spent on what take a look at the Pakistani budget 2014. Even a cursory look will be enough to see that most of the money goes towards debt servicing.
Old Wednesday, September 03, 2014

sadafazam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabarRehmanShah View Post
our military needs are consuming 90% of the overall budget.
Its just a myth brother

1.In budget 2013-14 largest allocation is to the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) and debt sevicing with each getting 30% of total alllocations.

2. defence allocation was 15.74%

3. It means more than 84% of allocation is non defence related

4. GDP spent on defence
2001-02: 4.6% of GDP
2013-14: 2.7% of GDP
so, its decreasing.

5. Pak army's share in budget is around 8%, that is 48% of total defence budget.

6. Pakistan's armed forces are the sixth largest in the world but expenses per soldier are low as compared to other armies.

7. spending per soldier:
USA: $400000 per soldier
INDIA: $25,000 per soldier
Pakistan: $10,000 per soldier

Source: Jahangir world times.