CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   should our form of government be democratic or republic? (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/95282-should-our-form-government-democratic-republic.html)

Nida Malik Alvi Wednesday, September 24, 2014 09:53 PM

should our form of government be democratic or republic?

should we promote democratic government or republic government in pakisatn?????

qamar abbas ranjha Thursday, September 25, 2014 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=Nida Malik Alvi;760426]should we promote democratic government or republic government in pakisatn?????[/QUOTE]

Some guys are often confused regarding two term i.e. republic and democratic.Let me explain the term "republic".Republic means a country having elected head.US is a republic as its president is elected one while UK is not a republic since its head is a king.So a country can be a republic and democratic at the same time.In the case of UK , although its head is king yet he is completely powerless .All the power rests in the hand of parliament.Surprisingly ,Uk have unique combination of Monarchy and democracy.In Pakistan we are experiencing a complex political theater forcing us to adopt a republic and democratic setup at the same time.So we should promote republic as well as democratic form of govt in pak and at present we have,at least theoretically ,repuplic and democratic setup.

ADIL KHESHGI Thursday, September 25, 2014 03:57 PM

Democracy is a process and Republican governments are those who comes into power through the process of Democracy. That means: Democracy and Republicanism is one and the same thing.

Buddha Thursday, September 25, 2014 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=Nida Malik Alvi;760426]should we promote democratic government or republic government in pakisatn?????[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to ask should we have a parliamentarian or presidential form of government?

We're already a democratic republic.

abidkhan Friday, September 26, 2014 12:34 AM

I think democratic elected government is a republic .

Buddha Friday, September 26, 2014 01:27 AM

Republics are countries which are not monarchies.
The UK has a democratic setup and it fulfills all the requirements of a Republic but in theory it is still a Monarchy though they're just Ceremonial which I think they have kept only for nostalgia's sake.
So all democracies are not technically Republics(though the distinction is only superficial as in the case of the UK). And all Republics are also not democratic like People's Republic of China.
We, however, are a democratic republic.

mhz99 Friday, September 26, 2014 01:40 AM

There is another Republic though; Banana Republic.

mhz99 Friday, September 26, 2014 01:45 AM

Banana republic is a political science term for a politically unstable country, whose economy is largely dependent on exporting a limited-resource product, e.g. bananas. It typically has stratified social classes, including a large, impoverished working class and a ruling plutocracy of business, political, and military elites. This politico-economic oligarchy controls the primary-sector productions to exploit the country's economy.

Nida Malik Alvi Friday, September 26, 2014 09:08 PM

we should promote republic government in pakistan because this is public thing .....the law.......we should made government limited by law ....leaving people alone .........

waqas izhar Saturday, September 27, 2014 12:12 AM

[QUOTE=Buddha;760792]Republics are countries which are not monarchies.
The UK has a democratic setup and it fulfills all the requirements of a Republic but in theory it is still a Monarchy though they're just Ceremonial which I think they have kept only for nostalgia's sake.
So all democracies are not technically Republics(though the distinction is only superficial as in the case of the UK). And all Republics are also not democratic like People's Republic of China.
We, however, are a democratic republic.[/QUOTE]

the british intelligence serves the queen, not the parliament. i think UK has an advantage over other countries in that regard. so i do not think that monarchy in UK is just ceremonial. moreover the residents are 'subjects' of the queen and not 'citizens' of the state.

07:07 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.