Thursday, April 18, 2024
06:30 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, October 23, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Liberalism is not a bad thing, rather it's a great way of thinking and a great approach to solve problems. Islam itself was a very liberal ideology during it's formation. It's a historical lesson to mankind that liberal forces have always prevailed over conservatives and traditionalists . For example one of the main arguments against holy prophet (SAW) was why should we leave our ancestral religion and traditions and follow you, and yet they lost and prophet (SAW) prevailed . The great thing about Islam is it's a very liberal and natural religion, and it remains one of its major strengths even in today's world . But yet somethings in Islamic order do contradict with contemporary liberalism. It's yet to be proven who would prevail .
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
"The fact that certain clans prefixed their names with feminine names is perhaps an indication of an ancient matriarchal culture that existed in Arabia long before Islam. Group solidarity ("asabiyah") was the spirit of the tribe. It signified unconditional loyalty to fellow tribesmen. "Be loyal to thy tribe," was the motto of the time. "The clan's claim upon its members was strong enough to make a husband give up his wife." (Hitti, p. 27)

"In the origin, ancient Arabic tribes had matriarchal social structures.
A tribe had higher standing compared to others when its matriarch owned more husbands, particularly, captured enemy men. It was women who took the initiative of selecting their men. More often than than not, disputation for acquiring men resulted in tribal wars.
The Command of a tribe was in the hand of the woman who had the most of husbands.
Thus, it was common for the victor tribe to mutilate the husbands of vanquished tribes. It is no enigma why the three most venerated idols were women warriors such as Manat, Uzzat, and Lat. It is no enigma why the Prophet Mohammad was ready to strike a compromise with the tribes of Mecca, before being chased out of the city, to considering the three goddesses as valid supporters to the all-encompassing God Allah."

http://adonis49.wordpress.com/2010/0...s-matriarchal/

"Laws and customs in this tribal society varied from one area to another. For this reason, we find different accounts of women’s status during the days of Jahiliyyah. On the one hand, there are indications that women held high positions in the society and exerted great influence. They freely chose their husbands, had the right to divorce, and could return to their own people if they were not happy or well-treated. In some cases, they even proposed marriage. They were regarded as equals, not as slaves and were the inspiration of many poets and warriors. An example of a brave woman from this era is Fukayha who protected a man seeking refuge in her tent while being pursued by the enemy. She courageously covered him with her smock, and with her sword drawn, prevented his pursuers from capturing him until her brothers came to his defense, thereby saving his life. Many women had the gift of poetry, which they often dedicated to the dead. The fact that a hero's mother and sisters were deemed most worthy of mourning and praising him is cited as a proof of the high character and position of women in pre-Islamic Arabia." (R.A. Nicholson, A Literary History of The Arabs. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, reprinted 1966, p. 88)

"They were the disintegration of the ancient matriarchal system" (A Short History of Islam by Mazhar-ul-Haq)

Yes, I am little bit in past and I'll tell you the reason behind..But first have look in some recent findings as well

"Many may think that women’s rights are only an issue in countries where religion is law, such as many Muslim countries. Or even worse, some may think this is no longer an issue at all. But reading this report about the United Nation’s Women’s Treaty and how an increasing number of countries are lodging reservations, will show otherwise."
http://web.archive.org/web/200404231...8/unwomen.html

I always quoted the past because Muslims were confident in their religion then and also were more close to their religion. By adopting the golden principle of "Ijtihad" we can still make our society better then that proposed by "Liberals"...We are backward because we've left our religion not for adopting it.

I can't argue a more on this fact...Please at least have a look on Maulana Modoodi's book "Islami Tehzeeb aur uskey Asool-o-Mubaadi"...I don't belong to Jamat-e-Islami but I still think on the fronts of ideologies Maududi fought well..
I was also growing quite liberal few years back but soon I found out it's religion which can only save us finally in this hour of crisis at both individual and national level...Finally, this book cleared all of my confusions...
If I still have failed in protecting Islam

Laa Kum Deenu kum Walyaa deen..
For you your religion, for me, my religion.
BTW there is very scarce information about social structure of pre Islamic arabia. However there is no doubt that it was predominantly patriarchal. Now this doesn't mean that in a patriarchal order all women are necessarily suppressed and barred from public life, bibi khadija was a businesswoman . Hind, wife of abu sufyan, was politically active. Nevertheless it was a culture where men were viewed as superior to women, to an extent that female infanticide was also practiced. As about women warriors, Khawlah bint al-Azwar was a famous Muslim warrior who fought in many battles along side her brother under the command of Khalid bin Walid, this doesn't make Muslims became matriarchal after prophet (SAW) in any sense .
tehminanoor (Thursday, October 23, 2014)

rizwan qadeer is on a distinguished road
Default the truth exposed by ansar abasi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ISLAMABAD: Malala Yousafzai’s recently launched book “I Am Malala” has a lot to make this teenager extremely controversial besides providing her critics something “concrete” to prove her as an “agent” of the West against Islam and Pakistan.

The book, which is more reflective of Malala’s father’s experiences and thoughts than her own, softly talks of the most hatred blasphemer Salman Rushdi and his sacrilegious book The Satanic Verses.As has been the view of the West in general, she writes: “My father also saw the book as offensive to Islam but believes strongly in freedom of speech.”

“Is Islam such a weak religion that it cannot tolerate a book written against it? Not my Islam,” she quoted her father as saying and shifted all the blame on what she called a “mullah close to our intelligence services” to have ignited the feeling of the people of Pakistan to protest.

Like any western authors, Malala in her books refers to Prophet Muhammad (SAW) on many occasions but did not use what is considered mandatory for every Muslims to say/write either Peace Be Upon Him (PBUH) or Sallallu Alaihi Wasallam (SAW).

She even reflected negatively on Islamic laws. She writes: “But General Zia brought in Islamic Laws which reduced woman’s evidence in court to count for only half that of a man’s.” She also found the Blasphemy Law in Pakistan as “stricter”.

“In Pakistan we have something called the Blashphemy Law, which protects the Holy Quran from desecration. Under General Zia’s Islamisation campaign, the law was made much stricter so that anyone who ‘defiles the sacred name of the Holy Prophet’ can be punished by death or life imprisonment,” her book reads.

As against her abhorrence for General Ziaul Haq and his Islamisation, she was positive for General Musharraf and his policy of enlightened moderation. On page 78 and 79 of her book, she says: “In some ways Musharraf was very different from General Zia. Though he usually dressed in uniform, he occasionally wore western suits and he

called himself chief executive instead of chief martial law administrator. He also kept dogs, which we Muslims regard as unclean. Instead of Zia’s Islamisation he began what he called “enlightened moderation’. He opened up our media, allowed new private channels and female newsreaders, as well as showing dancing on television. The celebration of Western holidays such as Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve was allowed. He even sanctioned an annual pop concert on the eve of Independence Day, which was broadcast to the nation. He did something which our democratic rulers hadn’t, even Benazir, and abolished the law that for woman to prove she was raped, she had to produce four male witnesses…….”

While referring to Ziaul Haq and the Islamic Laws, she wrote on page 24, “But General Zia brought in Islamic Laws which reduced a woman’s evidence in court to count for only half that of a man’s. Soon our prisons were full of cases like that of a thirteen-year-old-girl who was raped and became pregnant and was then sent to prison for adultery because she couldn’t produce four male witnesses to prove it was a crime. A woman couldn’t even open a bank account without a man’s permission.”

Registering her subtle protest to Zia’s policy of preventing sportswomen from wearing shorts, she said, “As a nation we have always been good at hockey, but Zia made out female hockey players wear baggy trousers instead of shorts, and stopped women playing some sports altogether.”

She also said during Zia’s regime many madrasahs were opened. She added, “In all schools religious studies, which we call deeniyat, was replaced by Islamiyat, or Islamic studies, which children in Pakistan still have to do today.”

Then she talked about the Pakistan’s history and wrote (page 24), “Our textbook were rewritten to describe Pakistan as a ‘fortress of Islam’,which made it seem as it we has existed far longer than since 1947, and denounced Hindus and Jews.”

Then she continued on page 25 to adjudge, “Anyone reading them (the rewritten textbooks of Zia’s era) might think we won the three wars we have fought and lost against our great enemy India.”

About Salman Rushdie and his highly blasphemous book, she wrote (page 36-37), “It (The Satanic Verses) was a parody of the Prophet’s life set in Bombay. Muslims widely considered it blasphemous and it provoked so much outrage that it seemed people were talking of little else. The odd thing was no one had even noticed the publication of the book to start with- it wasn’t actually on sale in Pakistan- but then a series of articles appeared in Urdu newspapers by a mullah close to our intelligence service, berating the book as offensive to the Prophet and saying it was the duty of good Muslims to protest. Soon mullahs all over Pakistan were denouncing the book, calling for it to be banned, and angry demonstrations were held. The most violence took place in Islamabad on 12 February 1989, when American flags were set a

light in front of the American Centre- even through Rushdie and his publishers were British. Police fired into the crowd, and five people were killed. The anger wasn’t just in Pakistan. Two days later Ayatollah Khomeini, the supreme leader of Iran, issued a fatwa calling for Rushdie’s assassination.”

She added, “My father’s college held a heated debate in a packed room. Many students argued that the book should be banned and burnt and the fatwa be upheld. My father also saw the book as offensive to Islam but believes strongly in freedom of speech. ‘First, let’s read the book and then why not respond with our own book,’ he suggested. He ended by asking in a thundering voice my grandfather would have been proud of:

‘Is Islam such a weak religion that it cannot tolerate a book written against it? Not my Islam!”About Zia’s policy of supporting Afghan Jehad, she wrote, “It was as if under Zia jihad had become the sixth pillar of our religion on top of the five we grow up to learn……… My father says that in our part of the world this idea of jihad was very much encouraged by the CIA.”

On page 45 of her book, she wrote, “On Pakistan’s fiftieth anniversary on 14 August 1997, there were parades and commemorations throughout the country. However, my father and his friends said there was nothing to celebrate as Swat had only suffered since it had merged with Pakistan. They wore black armbands to protest, saying the celebrationswere for nothing, and were arrested.”

In her book she generally used the term Mullah for religious scholars and religious leaders. On page 55 she referred to Mullah Omar as “a one-eyed mullah” whom she cited in her book for “burning girls’ schools”. She added that the one-eyed mullah forced men to grow beards and coerced women to wear burqa about which Malala wrote, “Wearing a burqa is like walking inside beige fabric shuttlecock with only a grille to see through and on hot days it’s like an oven. At least I didn’t have to wear one.”

She said that Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah was a shia and remembered Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA), the past alliance of religious political parties, negatively. Referring to the 2002 elections, she said, “In our province these elections brought what we called a ‘mullah government’ to power.” She also talked of peoplejokingly referred to the MMA as the Mullah Military Alliance.Talking about the creation of a number of madrasas during Afghan Jihad in Pakistan, she said that most of them were Saudi funded and as per her father that was the start of the “Arabisation” of Pakistan.

On the Lal Masjid issue, she wrote on page 105, “Around the same time as our Taliban were emerging in Swat, the girls of the Red Mosque madrasa began terrorising the streets of Islamabad. They raided houses they claimed were being used as massage centres, they kidnapped women they said were prostitutes and closed down DVD shops, against making bonfires of CDs and DVDs. When it suits the Taliban, women can be vocal and visible…”

About May 2 incident and Osama bin Laden, she on one point on page 176 said, “We couldn’t believe the army had been oblivious to bin Laden’s whereabouts.” She added on page 177, “My father said it was a shameful day. ‘How could a notorious terrorist be hiding in Pakistan and remain undetected for so many years?’ he asked. Others were asking the same thing.”

She further explained, “You could see why anyone would think our intelligence service must have known bin Laden’s location. ISI is a huge organisation with agents everywhere. How could he have lived so close to the capital- just sixty miles away? And fo so long! May be the best place to hide is in plain sight, but he had been living in that house since the 2005 earthquake. Two of his children were even born in the Abbottabad hospital. And he’d been in Pakistan for more than nine years…….”

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
BTW there is very scarce information about social structure of pre Islamic arabia. However there is no doubt that it was predominantly patriarchal. Now this doesn't mean that in a patriarchal order all women are necessarily suppressed and barred from public life, bibi khadija was a businesswoman . Hind, wife of abu sufyan, was politically active. Nevertheless it was a culture where men were viewed as superior to women, to an extent that female infanticide was also practiced. As about women warriors, Khawlah bint al-Azwar was a famous Muslim warrior who fought in many battles along side her brother under the command of Khalid bin Walid, this doesn't make Muslims became matriarchal after prophet (SAW) in any sense .
There are two probabilities in this case either matriarchal or patriarchal. Nicholson,Hitti are famous "Mustashriqeen" of Islam and no doubt Nicholson being the great one with his works on Rumi,Iqbal and Ibn-e-Arby..All have pointed out that it was a deteriorating matriarch. Mazhar-ul-Haq however just a copyist too have mentioned it...
The biggest cause behind Female Infanticide was the same. Arabs had not a profound control over their women. Because women usually had more then one relationships making them stronger daughters against fathers, wives against husbands. Because a Women gets weak only when she start thinking that on keeping her foot outside from home, no body is going to accept her sincerely. So,whatsoever her status is at home, at least her "honour" is secure in the hands of father and brothers. When she knows that there is some one who will accept her, she gets bold.
Pre-Islamic Arab women had a custom of more then one sincere "Acquaintances", so they usually were seen quite bold there, and an other aspect is that an Arab woman is quite hardy as compared to other regions of the world...Even Female prophetess Sajjah arose and she was much powerful, clearly indicating that Men were even accepting to female spirituality and prophet-ism. Even in this era you can't imagine men gathering around woman for taking "Bayt"..
In Islamic era there were still some shreds of matriarch were remaining and they disappeared completely in the Umayyad rule where again "Patriarch" was at it's peak, until now. Every Caliph had his own "Harem" except a few (very few)..
Well, Matriarch or Patriarch, it seldom effects when the whole attitude of the Nation is detrimental to progress.
mhmmdkashif (Thursday, October 23, 2014)

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

@ Ansar Abbassi Truth Exposed
Ansar Abbassi in one of his program on this issue with Hamid Mir said "Religion is the personal matter" when Hamid Mir asked him "Malala offers 5 times prayer a day and reads Quran daily?"...If this matter is "Personal" then all the above matters are "Personal" as well...
This statement of Abbassi shows his utter confusion in this matter.
So, his any further statement will be deemed as "Unreliable"...
Old Monday, October 27, 2014

Mushqasmi is on a distinguished road
Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Island View Post
Nahi nahi. Main to aap sab se itna mutassir hui hoon keh mera sir fakhar se buland ho gya hai keh yeh meray countrymen hain. Main to khushi se phoolay nahi sama rahi keh punjabi pathanon ka mazaq urra rahay hain aur pathan punjabi ko changariyan keh rahay hain. Ezaz pe ezaz se nawaza ja raha hai aik doosray ko. Bureaucracy ko aap jesay logon ki hi zarurat hai jhapat ke paltay aur palat ke jhaptay, aik dosoray ke khoon garam rakhay. Keep it up.
I agree to you Island. . .
Actually, as I am new to this forum and I was very glad to read all the posts about discussion on Malala. . . It gave me much informative and fruitful idea. But unfortunately few of the last posts are very hurting. . . Things should never be taken so personal like this.
If pathans are bad in one way they may be very good in the other and vice versa with Punjabis and other Pakistanis. All their goods or bads are not due to their ethnicity or language they speak. We should discuss issues rather than ethnicity and personal blessedness. Criticizing ethnic groups is very condemnable.

Hope all the members will focus knowledgeable and informative discussion.

Regards.
Old Wednesday, October 29, 2014

sincere khan will become famous soon enough

One can always find stories in international media about "Mukhtaran Mai" or "Malala Yousafzai" or awards for stories that defame Pakistani society (and other countries like Pakistan). But can not find a single international award for humanitarian organizations, people like Eidhi, those working in earth quakes, floods and/or educating and supporting orphans.
Old Friday, October 31, 2014

fdkyz is on a distinguished road

haha i agree..yes wahan pa tu b indian and israeli ban jana..u may show ur true colrs after being selected

iramsarwar796 is on a distinguished road

no doubt Malala Yousafzayi did great job by winning award for peace.....but we should not forget what is the ultimate result of this....

usmanwrites is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iramsarwar796 View Post
no doubt Malala Yousafzayi did great job by winning award for peace.....but we should not forget what is the ultimate result of this....
What?

Tags
nice