Thursday, April 25, 2024
08:01 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, November 09, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

The point to be made was it's not presence of a law that is causing problems, atleast in this case, but it's a popular trend in which people settle some personal score by rousing the emotions of a mob through using religion. Therefore the people who committed these acts don't belong to Islam and must be punished, and we need to make sure they don't get away with it. It should be made a public trial where everyone sees the proceedings, and those who incited the mob and those who committed murder all get death. If the prosecution proves weak then it's prblem with the prosecution and that should be addressed. If religious groups start acting like mafia in order to get the perpetrators free then they should be condemned. If the state proves weak then that problem should be addressed. Every step be taken to insure that justice is served. We have so many real problems that we can address and correct with this incident, but only pointing presence of a particular law to be root of the problem is, in my view, nothing short of criminal opportunism and a diversion tactic. We must understand that laws are misused only by the government and state functionaries, mobs just do what they want without regard to any law whether it's there or not.
Mohammad Ali (Sunday, November 09, 2014), RAO RAMEEZ (Sunday, November 09, 2014)

sadafazam is on a distinguished road
Default an insight into blasphemy law which never got published sadly :(

Blasphemy law is another colonial heritage retained by Pakistan. It originated from 1927 religious riots of india and is moulded by successive regimes of Pakistan. It underwent amendments and additions peculiar to our understanding of religion. The blasphemy law of Pakistan has always been an issue of debate at home and for the rest of world as well. At one side of fence are people who want to repeal the law all at once, on the other side are those who consider it their duty to punish every alleged blaphemer. Add to it, the opportunists who use the law for their personal ends. So is there a problem with the law itself or the rot is with in us. The answer to this question lies in some more questions.

Is there a need for this law. Yes. WHy? Because people of Pakistan attatch great value to the issue of blasphemy. And through sociological perspective any issue of that value must be brought into the fold of law, for social stability to exist. Upon this law lies the mutual consensus of majority of Pakistan. Repealing the law would not change anything. Those who kill blasphemers will keep on killing them and those who mourn over these killings will keep on doing there work. The presence of law infact keeps the debate alive and gives security to the accused indirectly, through its very presence the rant of mob is negated by saying "why aint they knocking the door of justice when there lies a proper law for such case." Its absence will leave the anti law group helpless, and pro law group hopeless. Hence, many more people will take the honor of taking justice into their own hands.

Is law fulfilling the needs of status quo? well yes the law is fulfilling, its the failure of law enforcing agencies which is failing the law as well. If we see the section 295 A and 295 B in chap 16 of Pakistan Penal Code, death penalty is not the sole punishment, imprisonment and fine are also the options in this law. Moreover,Muslims are not immune to this law. So it helps in respecting every religion, theoretically.
Is blasphemy law only found in Pakistan? No. They are found all over the world, though death sentence is not the punishment anymore. Even in Pakistan, not a single person has ever been hanged through this law. Holocaust denial laws are as zealously followed in european countries as any law to deal with religious insult. Interestingly, Holocaust denial law is as if Pakistan make a two nation theory denial law. But still no hue and cry is found against this law.

Where does the problem lie: problem is not the law problem is the lawlessness and the hypocrisy to cover that lawlesslness. Problem is our national character. In a country where every law is abused why shall any one wonder over misuse of just one law. If we start repealing laws on basis of misuse then we'll have to burn the whole book of law and burry its ashes. We kill our sisters and mothers and call it honour. We fail to provide basic rights to a community and call the outcomes a conspiracy of foreign hands. We pick up people whom we dislike and kill them after declaring traitors. How can we spare such a handy law. We even marry our women with the holy Quran, isn't it blasphemy

In my opinion misusing the law of blasphemy is itself blasphemy. The perpetrators must be punished through same law. Also mass awareness on this issue must be brought about,through media. Primary education must include introduction to multiple faiths and specifically how to deal with an issue of blasphemy must be taught. Otherwise prevalent behaviours will keep on multiplying through conditioning. Without this, nothing would work, no matter how many laws you make or repeal.

Note: its just my opinion people on either side of fence can choose to ignore it.
inash (Tuesday, November 11, 2014)

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadafazam View Post
Where does the problem lie: problem is not the law problem is the lawlessness and the hypocrisy to cover that lawlesslness. Problem is our national character. In a country where every law is abused why shall any one wonder over misuse of just one law. If we start repealing laws on basis of misuse then we'll have to burn the whole book of law and burry its ashes. We kill our sisters and mothers and call it honour. We fail to provide basic rights to a community and call the outcomes a conspiracy of foreign hands. We pick up people whom we dislike and kill them after declaring traitors. How can we spare such a handy law. We even marry our women with the Holy Quran, isn't it blasphemy.
Cent percent same thoughts I had 2 days before especially this marriage with Quran issue...But kept my self aloof from this controversial topic when I saw people are still in favour of blasphemy law..Such articles never get published...I had written a whole account but it will be better to keep away...A little excerpt which I wrote just during my coffee break...
I had written each and every sect of Islam with proves, how they are blasphemous and how their highly exalted Ulemas in their books have written obscenities..All sects..Shia,Sunni,Deobandis,Wahabis, Marzais etc...But I can't write here on forum because I'm sure I will start getting Reputations of Anti-Religious etc etc...So, I took a little milder side of the card. Not milder though much as well..

Blasphemy is a small word for societies where injustice is the principle, basic human rights are violated and their poor weak masses are downtrodden in the hell of unpaid toils. Where respect is for those who just in their prides have hidden vendetta of looting the masses and disrespect for those who stand firm in protecting their rights. When hypocrisy is regarded as “one’s high capability of survival” in the society and piety of one’s character is his inability to cope with the ground realities. Dignity of character becomes an obsolete cult. Where character of a Man is judged by the luxuries he kept, as a symbol of success. Successful are those who have gathered all materials of life and made records in lechery. Where Mr. Justice is a stain on the face of justice. Where teachers, the symbols of civilization, are found raping their disciples, the most bizarre face of the society.

And All this is happening in the era when Man is aware of all high moralities, outcomes of obscenities and every single matter of life is crystal clear.

When in a day 1000’s of verses of Quran and Hadith gets violated by those who claim themselves as “saviors of their religion”. When the words uttered by their Prophet PBUH are thrown daily thousands of times in the backs.
Pakistan’s ideology got demolished on the very first day when first Prime Minister belonging to “Capitalist” or “Communist” ideologies was elected. Pakistani masses had rejected “Islam” as their ideology on that very day. Whole Pakistan Muslim nation had became “Apostate” on that very first day. And apostasy is even bigger crime than “Blasphemy”…Am I Right or Wrong?
Don’t you think, then whole Muslim nation should be stoned to death?????
We must do some self-assessment as well… If we as a nation never stood firm for our religion then we have no right to issue a decree on a non-Muslim rejecting or abusing our religion.

P.S:- This Idea of whole Muslim Nation must be stoned to death is very near to "Taliban's Idea" plus "Khwarij's" idea that all Muslims except them are "Apostates", so they should be blasted.
Here some people are saying "If state delays the justice in such case, individuals had to come up, must have to shift their paradigms now.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
But kept my self aloof from this controversial topic when I saw people are still in favour of blasphemy law..
Let me make my self clear , I am neither in favor of this law nor against it, if clear reason is given to me as to how this law is causing problems then I would support repealing it. Right now what I see is we are just in that habit of crying about problem in order to get world attention .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
Let me make my self clear , I am neither in favor of this law nor against it, if clear reason is given to me as to how this law is causing problems then I would support repealing it. Right now what I see is we are just in that habit of crying about problem in order to get world attention .

Yes, there are people who get chance to increase their ratings and media is on the top of it.

While there was another shock of Load shedding I was reading a great article written by "Javed Iqbal" in Express Newspaper. He said that Iqbal written a letter to Quaid and asked
"Musalmanon k Ghairat k masley ko kaisey hal kiya jae"

Actually Muslims are handicapped in this issue...Jin Maamlaat men "Ghairat" dikhani chahye, un par khamosh hen aur jin Mamlaat men "ghairat" ko side pe rakh k "Aqal" se kaam lena chahye un men, aqal pe pardah parh jata he...Puri Qaum ki hesyat ek "Bhikari" se kam nahin...Sab se Brhe Peghambar PBUH ki Qaum sb se "Giri" hui...Iss par ghairat nahin ati...
mhmmdkashif (Sunday, November 09, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
"Musalmanon k Ghairat k masley ko kaisey hal kiya jae"
on a personal note I think this word ghairat is much too obsolete now, it reminds of the old times when there were fights for women and lands thus the emotional response it triggers is of tribal hostility and vendetta, atleast to me it does haha. I suppose our language has stopped evolving with the ever changing life which might be a sign that our culture has already lived it's age and is going to be replaced.
Old Tuesday, November 11, 2014

MAA_LLM will become famous soon enough
I am surpirised to see aome comments for the repealing of this law...

Well, if we want to understand this matter, first of all we must decide what governs us our wishes or Shariah....(Quran and Sunnah)?

Well certainly Shariah governs us... and whatever is commanded by Sharia its obligatory for us to follow... whether we understand the hidden wisdom and benefit or not...

Our Holy Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W. has ordered on the day of Victory of Makkah, to kill 7 or multiple (dont remember exact number) of People to be killed and they were to be killed even if they were right beside the Ka'ba... just feel the intensity of their crime... that they were to be killed even if they were beside Ka'ba.... so what was their crime....?

They were blasphemers....

Then there were consensus of Sahaba Razi Allahu Anhum on the matter and then so on...

So this topic must ends here... for reference you can check any authentic book of Hadith or Seerah...e.g. Al Raheequl Makhtoom...

Secondly, this matter is not of ghairat of Muslims only... rather, its matter of their faith and Aqeeda...! And when the governments or rulers, who are bound to act as Allah SWT's believers. .. fails to perform their duty... then as fulfilling their obligation, believers are forced to act...

However, I am not in favour nor support killing of blasphemers by individuals at first instance... rather their crime must be prosecuted and punished by the authorities.....
and solution of this matter is only implementation of law... problem arises when law doesn't takes its course... whether it is stopped on foreign pressure or due to our negligence. .. then people get furious and law and order situation is created... because if authorities fail to perform and implement Islamic Commandments then people will... as its matter of their Aqeeda...

So, best way is that authorities implement the law rather than playing in the hands of foreign powers. Take a case study of of notorious Salman Taseer... as mentioned by another worthy member.

In addition, if someone misuses, or falsely alleges such a henious offence against someone, he must be brought to justice as well and must get punishment in open trial... so that people know the truth.

(AND ALLA SWT KNOWS BEST)

May Allah SWT keep us all among the people on Haq and make us all His true believers. Aameen

MAA_LLM will become famous soon enough

And BTW, with regard to this latest tragedy of Kot Radha Kishan.... its all media speculation.... let the matter be fully and transparently investigated (which is difficult to say the least) then we should say something...that whether someone killed them on the allegation of blasphemy or not... at present it only appears as someone has settled his persoanl goals with the victims... and may be later on... it was portryaed as blasphemy related case by our foreign funded media....
(AND ALLAH SWT KNOWS BEST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAA_LLM View Post
I am surpirised to see aome comments for the repealing of this law...

Well, if we want to understand this matter, first of all we must decide what governs us our wishes or Shariah....(Quran and Sunnah)?

Well certainly Shariah governs us... and whatever is commanded by Sharia its obligatory for us to follow... whether we understand the hidden wisdom and benefit or not...

Our Holy Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W. has ordered on the day of Victory of Makkah, to kill 7 or multiple (dont remember exact number) of People to be killed and they were to be killed even if they were right beside the Ka'ba... just feel the intensity of their crime... that they were to be killed even if they were beside Ka'ba.... so what was their crime....?

They were blasphemers....

Then there were consensus of Sahaba Razi Allahu Anhum on the matter and then so on...

So this topic must ends here... for reference you can check any authentic book of Hadith or Seerah...e.g. Al Raheequl Makhtoom...

Secondly, this matter is not of ghairat of Muslims only... rather, its matter of their faith and Aqeeda...! And when the governments or rulers, who are bound to act as Allah SWT's believers. .. fails to perform their duty... then as fulfilling their obligation, believers are forced to act...

However, I am not in favour nor support killing of blasphemers by individuals at first instance... rather their crime must be prosecuted and punished by the authorities.....
and solution of this matter is only implementation of law... problem arises when law doesn't takes its course... whether it is stopped on foreign pressure or due to our negligence. .. then people get furious and law and order situation is created... because if authorities fail to perform and implement Islamic Commandments then people will... as its matter of their Aqeeda...

So, best way is that authorities implement the law rather than playing in the hands of foreign powers. Take a case study of of notorious Salman Taseer... as mentioned by another worthy member.

In addition, if someone misuses, or falsely alleges such a henious offence against someone, he must be brought to justice as well and must get punishment in open trial... so that people know the truth.

(AND ALLA SWT KNOWS BEST)

May Allah SWT keep us all among the people on Haq and make us all His true believers. Aameen
Kindly enlighten us in following questions?

Q no1. Did all blasphemers were rewarded with the same punishment?

Q no. 2 Which ratio exists the most? Ratio of forgiven people or the punished ones?
Say the total number of those punished were 8 including Ka'b.
Q no. 3.Al-Raheeq-AL Makhtoom can be the unanimous source of Islamic Law?

Q no. 4. When certain specific rulings are not present, Ijma or Qiyas can be practised or not? (For repealing the law)

Q no.5.According to Shariah, a person leaving Salah (without any sharai reason) should be punished...
According to one sect, he has became a "Apostate"? Will you present yourself today to the court for punishment? Or will drag your friend or family member to the court?
If not why?

Q no. 6. Do you think you are living in an Islamic state? where you can practise the Islamic Law against any one, not willing to be judged under this law, or is a Non-Muslim?

Q no 7.Had you (or we in majority) voted for Islam (or any political party with Islamic Ideology) in 2013 elections? Or will you in upcoming elections?

Q no.8 Jab hum behesyat Musalman apni individual, social, political life men khud apne ooper Islam naafiz karne men nakaam hen, to kiya jin logon par Islam ka naffaz hota hi nahin, un par naffaz krna drust he?

I know unanimously the law exists among all sects, blasphemers should be Punished to death...
It's Muharram, and there will be "Organized Blasphemy" (Tabarrah) in the whole World by Crores of Muslims, pass your judgement then in this case please. Kill them all? So, if I blast myself in them, I'm supposed to go to Jannah according to Shariah?

Ok. For a while accept everything...

One thing to be noteworthy here. As far as my knowledge of Islam concerns,Blasphemy, in it's organized form demands punishment.

All the Blasphemers who were punished were insisting the act. It's not like someone does once or twice. They were involved in this act consistently.Those who did it, once or twice were not killed otherwise there would be streams of blood in Makkah...

Second...Did any one burnt Quran and sentenced to death?

What about those thousands of Muslims who brought Quran on their dirty spears and swords in battle against Hazrat Ali R.A?
Or those Muslims who keep Quran as pillows under their heads? As it is observed in Arabia...

Qno 8. Repeat again.

I am beginning to sense a paradox, if the perpetrators were apprehended, tried and punished there would be calls Islam is in danger it's a Christian assault on our country. And if blasphemy law is criticized than it's media who is fueling it. It appears Muslims themselves are the biggest enemies of Islam. Muslims, particularly Pakistani Muslims, don't love the dignity and honor of holy prophet (SAW), they just use his name for power and politics and gain personal fame and fortune. It's tragic indeed. The liberal class of Pakistan wants to catch western attention whereas the islamists are seeking jihadi attention. What kind of slave people are we. We don't even know our interests, centuries of divide and rule and slavery is deep inside the brains it seems.