PAPER - I (Marks-100)
712-1857 (Excluding arrival of European nations decline and fall of Muslim Rule)
- Arrival of the Muslims in the sub-continent, foundation of Muslim Rule - administrative system and reforms under the Sultans and the Mughals.
- Structure of the Muslim society.
- Industry, trade and commerce under the Muslim patronage. the Army. Financial administration, Zakat. Ushr. Kharaj etc.
- Administration of Justice - Sufis and Ulema - the Madrassahs and Maktabs - Auqaf
- Art and architecture. literature, sports, dress-Muslim contribution to scientific knowledge - Policy of the Muslim rules towards non-Muslims. The spirit and legacy of Muslim civilization.
PAPER - II (Marks-100)
- Arrival of European nations-decline and fall of Muslim Rule, contributions of Shah Wali Ullah, Syed Ahmed Shaheed and Sir Syed Ahmed Khan towards regeneration of the Muslim - Hindu reform movements and anti-Muslim role of Hindu leaders.
- Constitutional reforms of the British Government and growth of the Political Parties-Indian National Congress. All India Muslim league Partition of Bengal. Simla Deputation. Role of Nawab Mohsin-uI-MuIk. Nawab Viqar-ul-Mulk.
- Syed Ameer Ali, the Agha Khan and other Muslim leaders Lucknow pact: Khilafat movement Contribution of Maulana Muhammad Ali, Allama Iqbal, Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad All Jinnah for Muslim uplift and welfare.
- Nehru report, Quaid-i-Azam's Fourteen Points. Allama Iqbal's Allahabad Address 1930, Round Table Conference. The Congress role in the provinces, Lahore Resolution 1940, various missions and plans for the partition of the sub-continent.
- Quaid-i-Azam as an organizer of the Muslim League Muslim leader and maker of Pakistan.
PAKISTAN SINCE 1947
- Constitution making in Pakistan-various attempts at constitution making. Difficulties in establishing a parliamentary democracy. imposition of various Martial Laws, nature of Pakistan's economy. development plaits. Role of foreign aid.
- Separation of East Pakistan, causes and effect: Pakistan and the world-major powers, Islamic world, relations with India.
- Social and intellectual trends after 1947. Contribution of Quaid-i Azam as First Governor General and Liaquat All Khan as first Prime Minister.