Syllabus for competitive examination for the post of Forest Rangers B-16
1. Written test (Intermediate Standard)
Subject Wise allocation of marks:
(i) English Papers - 100 marks
- Essay - 40 marks
- Precise writing and composition - 60 marks
(ii) Basic Knowledge - 150 marks
- Natural Sciences - 100 marks
- Current World Affairs - 50 marks
(iii) Islamiat and Urdu - 100 marks
2. Race - 50 marks
- Islamiat - 50 marks
- Urdu Essay - 50 marks
3. Interview - 100 marks
Grand Total - 500 marks
B) Detail Syllabus
- Precise and composition.
2. Natural Sciences
- Biology, General Plants, Animals and Ecosystem.
3. Worlds Affairs
a. Current Worlds Affairs.
- The United Nations
- Regional Organization
- Current World Affairs.
b. Pakistan Affairs
- Emergence of Pakistan
- Constitutional Development.
- Pakistan as an ideological state.
- Economic development in Pakistan
- Pakistan role in World Affairs.
- Basic Principles of Islam
- Outline of Islamic History
- The Holy Quran
5. Urdu Essay
6. Race (Compulsory): The candidate will be required to qualify a race of about 6 km in 40 minutes.
7. Interview: The candidate will be interviewed by the Public Service Commission who will have before it a record of his career both academic and extra-mural.