Friday, November 16, 2018
03:11 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > Pakistan Defence & Military Careers > Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB)

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 21
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Imran U turn is on a distinguished road
Default ISSB for short service commission

I have received ISSB letters for kohat from 22-26 november. I wanted to ask is that since I am mba, would i be given different tests as those who are just Fsc pass. I mean would i have to do mechanical tests. Wont that be unfair to a person who has more knowledge compared to those who are just inter pass
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 1 Week Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 40
Thanks: 8
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Sidewinder is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran U turn View Post
I have received ISSB letters for kohat from 22-26 november. I wanted to ask is that since I am mba, would i be given different tests as those who are just Fsc pass. I mean would i have to do mechanical tests. Wont that be unfair to a person who has more knowledge compared to those who are just inter pass
ISSB doesn't test your 'knowledge'. It tests your IQ and your aptitude i.e. whether or not you're 'military material'.

Since I am mba, would i be given different tests as those who are just Fsc pass
No.

I mean would i have to do mechanical tests.
Yes. Those are called obstacles.

Wont that be unfair to a person who has more knowledge compared to those who are just inter pass.
I don't think so.
Obstacles are just one small part of the ISSB test. There's intelligence test, psychological test, group discussion, group planning, group tasks, command task, and 3 different interviews.
I don't understand where the 'inter-pass' thing is coming from? You're going for SSC, your competition will be with your peers in terms of academic qualification/age etc.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 21
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Imran U turn is on a distinguished road
Default

Side winter, the thing is that I am a 26 year old person and it would hard for me to compete against an 18 year old in terms of obstacles. Second, when i meant by mechanical test,, these are usually intelligence tests related to physics. I have studied business subjects and am now a specialist. Why are they expecting me to do verbal and non verbal tests when I have already cleared them in my initial test in the recruitment centers of PAF. Some leeway should be given to those people who are more qualified in terms of education so that better people come to defense forces. If we are to compete at the same level as that of the regular teenagers, that is quite sad. I mean what is the use of my MBA if i have to do ratta of dogar book. I am okay with psychological, command, group tasks, interviews
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1 Week Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 40
Thanks: 8
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Sidewinder is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran U turn View Post
Side winter, the thing is that I am a 26 year old person and it would hard for me to compete against an 18 year old in terms of obstacles. Second, when i meant by mechanical test,, these are usually intelligence tests related to physics. I have studied business subjects and am now a specialist. Why are they expecting me to do verbal and non verbal tests when I have already cleared them in my initial test in the recruitment centers of PAF. Some leeway should be given to those people who are more qualified in terms of education so that better people come to defense forces. If we are to compete at the same level as that of the regular teenagers, that is quite sad. I mean what is the use of my MBA if i have to do ratta of dogar book. I am okay with psychological, command, group tasks, interviews
No, you don't have to compete against an 18-year-old. The people you'll be competing against will be of the same age as you.

The tests are not strictly related to physics. These are intelligence tests, that mostly comprise of questions that have more to do with your IQ than your understanding of a specific test.
Oh, and the intelligence (verbal/ non-verbal) test you took in the initial is nothing compared to what you'll be put through in ISSB

And if clearing ISSB was as easy as 'cramming a book', everyone and their cat would be an army officer.

The subject test you took in the initial stage + your AHQ/GHQ interview (after you're recommended by the ISSB) are taken into account when merit lists are combined. So the point of your degree is not lost at all.
If you're more "qualified" in your subject than you will, of course, score better in those, right?

ISSB simply measures if you have the right aptitude for the military. It does not measure your understanding of a specific subject and rightly so.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 21
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Imran U turn is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
No, you don't have to compete against an 18-year-old. The people you'll be competing against will be of the same age as you.

The tests are not strictly related to physics. These are intelligence tests, that mostly comprise of questions that have more to do with your IQ than your understanding of a specific test.
Oh, and the intelligence (verbal/ non-verbal) test you took in the initial is nothing compared to what you'll be put through in ISSB

And if clearing ISSB was as easy as 'cramming a book', everyone and their cat would be an army officer.

The subject test you took in the initial stage + your AHQ/GHQ interview (after you're recommended by the ISSB) are taken into account when merit lists are combined. So the point of your degree is not lost at all.
If you're more "qualified" in your subject than you will, of course, score better in those, right?

ISSB simply measures if you have the right aptitude for the military. It does not measure your understanding of a specific subject and rightly so.
Have you served in military? Or do you have experience related to issb for short service commission. Can we have contact so that I can ask some specific questions please
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Servants on CSS Forum Zirwaan Khan CSS Competitive Examination 21 2 Days Ago 10:44 AM
Police Ordinance 2002 rao adeel Police Service of Pakistan 4 Saturday, February 23, 2013 12:01 PM
EU and USA Intelligence community lmno250 News & Articles 0 Friday, September 25, 2009 12:53 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.