PAPER - I (Marks-100 )
- Western Political Thought
Plato, Aristotle, Machiavelli, Montesquieu, Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau, Bentham, Mill, Marx, Lenin, Mao
- Muslim Political Thought
AI-Farabi, Al-Mawardi, Nizam-ul-Mulik Tusi, Al-Ghazali, Ibn-I-Khaldun, Iqbal
- The nature and emergence of Modern state system, Islamic concept of state.
- Political concepts, Sovereignty, Law, Liberty, Equality, Rights and Duties.
- Political Dynamics: Public Opinion, Propaganda, Political Parties, Pressure Groups.
- Political Institutions: Legislature, Executive, Judiciary. Political Elites, Civil and Military Bureaucracy.
- Forms of Government: Monarchy, Democracy. Dictatorship Unitary and Federal, Presidential and Parliamentary
- Totalitarianism: Fascism, Communism.
- Local Self-government: Theory and Practice with special reference to Pakistan.
PAPER-II (Marks - 100)
- Selected Political Systems: Nature and dynamics of major political institutions in U.S.A., U.K., France and Former Soviet Union,
- Political Systems of developing countries: Turkey, Iran, India and China.
- Rise of Muslim Nationalism in South Asia with special reference to the role of Sir Syed Abmed Khan, lqbal and Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- A comparative and critical analysis of the 1956, 1962, 1973 and 1985 Constitutions of Pakistan.