SYLLABUS OF APTITUDE TEST FOR THE POST OF STATISTICAL OFFICER
1. Measures of Central Tendency
Arithmetic Mean, Geometric Mean, Harmonic Mean, Median and Mode.
2. Measures of Dispersion:
Standard Deviation, Variance, Co-efficient of Variation, Skewness, Kurtosis.
3. Regressions and Correlation:
Simple, partial and Multiple.
4. Hypothesis Testing:
z, t, F and x2 Tests of Significance.
5. Planning and Designing of Experiment:
Principles of Experimental Designs. Layout of experiments.
6. Basic Experimental Designs:
Completely Randomized Design, Randomized Complete Block Design, Latin Square Design, Split Plot Design, Factorial experiments and Incomplete Block Designs.
7. Analysis of Variance of above mentioned designs.
8. Multiple Comparison test:
Least Significant Difference & Duncanís New Multiple Range Test.
9. Sampling in field experiments:
Plot and plant sampling