Tuesday, March 19, 2024
11:29 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > Punjab Public Service Commission > PCS / PMS > PMS Past Papers > PMS Papers 2009

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, April 30, 2011

very special 1 has a spectacular aura aboutvery special 1 has a spectacular aura aboutvery special 1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Need Pms physics paper

AOA
plz some one post physics past paper
Old Thursday, May 24, 2012
Super Moderator
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,041 Posts
Amna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud ofAmna has much to be proud of

Punjab Public Service Commission
Combined Competitive Examination for the Recruitment to the Posts Of Provincial Management Services,ETC-2009

Physics (Optional) Paper -I

Time Allowed: Three Hrs Maximum Marks: 100

Notes: (i) Attempt any five questions only, select the least one from each section. (ii) Write Answers in English

SECTION –I

Q.1 (a). State and prove the Gauss’s Divergence Theorem. (14, 6)
(b). IfA ⃗=xz^3 i ̂-2x^2 yzj ̂+2yz^4 k ̂, find the curl A and div A ⃗ at the point(1,-1,1)

Q.2 (a). Define and prove Bernoulli’s equation. Discuss its two applications.
(b). Water is flowing with the speed of 5.18m/s through a pipe with a cross –section area of 4.20 〖cm〗^2. Water gradually descends 9.66 m as the pipe increases in area to 7.60〖cm〗^2.
(i). what is the speed of flow at the lower level?
(ii). The pressure at the upper level is 152 KPa . Find the pressure at lower level.

Q.3 (a) What is a gyroscope? Prove that the precession is large when the spinning is slow (14,6)
(b) Find the mass of an electron which has been accelerated through a potential difference of 〖10〗^5 volts.

SECTION –II

Q.4 (a). What are the differences between stationary and travelling waves? Calculate total energy per unit length of transverse waves in a string under tension. (4,10,6)
(b) . A stationary wave established in a string which is 120cm long and fixed at both ends. The string vibrates in four segments at a frequency of 120Hz. Determine its wave length and the fundamental frequency.

Q.5 (a) .What are Newton’s ring ? How they experimentally obtained? Calculate the relation of bright and dark rings in terms of wave length used. (4,10,6)
(b) . Calculate the minimum number of lines of grating which will just resolve two sodium D-lines in the second order. (The wave lengths of D-lines are 5890 A^0 and 5896A^0)

SECTION –III

Q.6 (a) . Define entropy. How can you find entropy change for reversible and irreversible process? What is the relation between entropy and probability? (2,10 ,2,6)
(b) . A Carnot engine has efficiency of 22% .it operates between heat reservoirs differing in temperature by 〖75〗^0 C. Find temperature of reservoir.

Q.7 (a). what are the differences between Maxwell Boltzmann, Bose-Einstein and Fermidirac Statistics ? Discuss Maxwell Boltzmann law of distribution of the molecular speed and consequences of speed distribution. (3,8,3,6)

(b) Find the temperature at which atom of helium gas has same V.r.m.s. as the molecules of hydrogen gas at 299K.

Punjab Public Service Commission
Combined Competitive Examination for the Recruitment to the Posts Of Provincial Management Services,ETC-2009

Physics (Optional) Paper -II

Time Allowed: Three Hrs Maximum Marks: 100

Notes: (i) Attempt any five questions only, select the least one from each section. (ii) Write Answers in English

SECTION –I

Q.1. (a) What is the electric field? Find the electric field due to point charge; hence calculate the electric field due to infinite sheet of charge.
(b) A particle having charge of -2.0x〖10〗^(-9) C is acted on by downward electric force of 3.0x〖10〗^(-6)N in a uniform electric field. (12,8)
(i) What is strength of the electric field?
(ii) What is the magnitude and direction of electric force exerted on proton placed in this field ?

Q.2 . (a) write Maxwell’s equation in differential from and in integral form. Give use of these equations. (12,8)
(b). A proton having a Kinetic energy of 50 million electron volts isdeflected by magnetic field of 2.5 tesla which is perpendicular to the trajectory show that the deflecting electric field seen by proton is about 2.3x〖10〗^8 V/m.

SECTION –II

Q.3. (a) describe different configuration for transistor in a circuit. How does a transistor in common base configuration operates as an amplifier? (12,8)
(b) Find output voltage of non –inverter operational amplifier for Vi=3.5m V , Ri=40,000 Ω and Rf= 240,000 Ω if A=50,000

Q.4 (a) What is a Flip-Flop, give its basic applications, what is the difference between R-S and J-K flip-flop? (12,8)
(b) (i) Develop the truth table for three input AND gate.
(ii) Determine the total number of possible input combinations for five input AND gate.

SECTION –III

Q.5 (a) What do you mean by Compton effect .Show that Compton shift in wave length is given by h2/mC sin Ř/2. (12,8)
(b) X-rays of wave length 10.0 pm are scattered from target.
(i) Find the wave length of X-rays scattered through〖45〗^0.
(ii) Find maximum wave length present in the scattered X-rays.
(iii) Find the maximum K.E of recoil.

Q.6 (a) Derive Schrodinger wave equation and hence use it to find the energy of One dimensional harmonic oscillator. 14,6
(b) Find the de-Broglie wave length of 40 KeV electrons used in certain electron microscope.

Q.7 Write notes on any TWO of the following:- ( 10,10)
(i) Mass spectrometer.
(ii) Dielectric medium and polarization.
(iii) Amplitude modulation and demodulation.
ravaila (Saturday, May 26, 2012), very special 1 (Thursday, June 21, 2012)