CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   PMS Papers 2012 (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/punjab-public-service-commission/pcs-pms/pms-past-papers/pms-papers-2012/)
-   -   English (Composition) Punjab 2012 (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/punjab-public-service-commission/pcs-pms/pms-past-papers/pms-papers-2012/73570-english-composition-punjab-2012-a.html)

sparkofighter Friday, August 31, 2012 03:35 PM

English (Composition) Punjab 2012

Everyone in this egoistic world axe to his own grind. nobody cares anyone and neither they have true love in their hearts nor sincerity.their moral values are on decline. similarly we not only treat people materialistically but also our country in a same way. have we ever thought it collectively?that in a country where once love was preached but now terrorism prevailed every where.but nothing has still gone wrong if we critically evaluate ourself truly we can overcome our weakness.
we should integrate to overwhelm the menace of sectarianism and the difference between the rich and the poor and the superior between the inferior because we are the architects of our future. lets pray that every pakistani started to care about his country because with the existence of pakistan we exists.

here i have tried to translate the Urdu to English please give me remarks regrading this. every one has its own writing style i have no no good english teacher here so help me out here. what i should for improvement.

Arain007 Friday, January 11, 2013 10:43 AM

English (Composition) Punjab 2012

[CENTER][IMG]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j374/madeel206/PMS%202012/englishcomp1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

sparkofighter Tuesday, May 13, 2014 07:23 PM

Everyone in this egoistic world axe to his own grind. nobody cares anyone and neither they have true love in their hearts nor sincerity.their moral values are on decline. similarly we not only treat people materialistically but also our country in a same way. have we ever thought it collectively?that in a country where once love was preached but now terrorism prevailed every where.but nothing has still gone wrong if we critically evaluate ourself truly we can overcome our weakness.
we should integrate to overwhelm the menace of sectarianism and the difference between the rich and the poor and the superior between the inferior because we are the architects of our future. lets pray that every pakistani started to care about his country because with the existence of pakistan we exists.

here i have tried to translate the Urdu to English please give me remarks regrading this. every one has its own writing style i have no no good english teacher here so help me out here. what should i do for improvement.

isha saeed Friday, May 16, 2014 08:33 AM

[QUOTE=Arain007;540587][CENTER][IMG]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j374/madeel206/PMS%202012/englishcomp1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/QUOTE]
[B][I]Can someone explain the question no of this this paper?
I'll be thankful to you. [/I][/B]

Arain007 Friday, May 16, 2014 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=isha saeed;719912][B][I]Can someone explain the question no of this this paper?
I'll be thankful to you. [/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Which question no.?

Future Friday, May 16, 2014 06:58 PM

[QUOTE=Arain007;719944]Which question no.?[/QUOTE]

Question No.2 is incomplete. ;)

Arain007 Saturday, May 17, 2014 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=Future;720046]Question No.2 is incomplete. ;)[/QUOTE]

Remaining portion of Question No.2:

[LIST=1][*]Add Fuel to the fire[*]At the Helm[*]To have a bee in one's bonnet[*]Bad Debt[*]To call a spade a spade[*]Confide in[*]Diehard[*]Adlib[*]Iron Out[*]Goby[/LIST]

umair01 Thursday, June 12, 2014 01:33 PM

solution required

Can any body upload the solution of above uploaded paper it will be very helpful.

Regards,

hafiz mubashar Thursday, October 02, 2014 05:31 AM

Solution of phrases

[QUOTE=Arain007;720208]Remaining portion of Question No.2:

[LIST=1][*]Add Fuel to the fire[*]At the Helm[*]To have a bee in one's bonnet[*]Bad Debt[*]To call a spade a spade[*]Die-hard[*]Ad lib[*]Iron Out[*]Go by[/LIST][/QUOTE]

[B]Add Fuel to the fire:[/B] (to make things even more worse)
Shouting at the crying child added fuel to the fire.
[B]At the Helm[/B]: (to be or serve at the top of sth)
He left the company two days ago after serving there at the helm.
[B]To have a bee in one's bonnet[/B]: (keep talking about some very important thing)
She never stops talking about dieting - she's got a real bee in her bonnet about it.
[B]Bad Debt[/B]: (a debt unlikely to be returned)
Don't lend him 1 lakh rupee, otherwise it will just be a bad debt.
[B]To call a spade a spade:[/B] (to tell something truly,even if it's not liked by other)
America wouldn't call a spade a spade that Israel is committing brutality over Palestinians.
[B]Confide in[/B]: (sharing matters with the trusted one)
Aslam shook his head, obviously contemplating whether it was wise to confide in Tahira.
[B]Die-hard[/B] (conservative;committed;unwilling to leave ideas)
He is a die-hard fellow when it comes the stage of nationalism.
[B]Ad lib:[/B] (said without any preparation or practice)
I'd forgotten the notes for my speech so I had to do it ad lib.
[B]Iron Out:[/B] (to find solutions)
Kashmir is the jugular vein of Pakistan, so we have to iron it out soon.
[B]Go by[/B] (to move past, in space or time)
Hardly a day goes by when I don't think about her.

KHANSHAHRUKH Friday, November 07, 2014 03:17 PM

To have a bee in one's bonnet

[QUOTE=hafiz mubashar;762396][B]Add Fuel to the fire:[/B] (to make things even more worse)
Shouting at the crying child added fuel to the fire.
[B]At the Helm[/B]: (to be or serve at the top of sth)
He left the company two days ago after serving there at the helm.
[B]To have a bee in one's bonnet[/B]: (keep talking about some very important thing)
She never stops talking about dieting - she's got a real bee in her bonnet about it.
[B]Bad Debt[/B]: (a debt unlikely to be returned)
Don't lend him 1 lakh rupee, otherwise it will just be a bad debt.
[B]To call a spade a spade:[/B] (to tell something truly,even if it's not liked by other)
America wouldn't call a spade a spade that Israel is committing brutality over Palestinians.
[B]Confide in[/B]: (sharing matters with the trusted one)
Aslam shook his head, obviously contemplating whether it was wise to confide in Tahira.
[B]Die-hard[/B] (conservative;committed;unwilling to leave ideas)
He is a die-hard fellow when it comes the stage of nationalism.
[B]Ad lib:[/B] (said without any preparation or practice)
I'd forgotten the notes for my speech so I had to do it ad lib.
[B]Iron Out:[/B] (to find solutions)
Kashmir is the jugular vein of Pakistan, so we have to iron it out soon.
[B]Go by[/B] (to move past, in space or time)
Hardly a day goes by when I don't think about her.[/QUOTE]

To have a bee in one's bonnet or to have a bee in the head means to be restless and uneasy. To be ful of fancies; to be little crazy

11:10 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.