Thursday, March 28, 2024
09:56 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > Punjab Public Service Commission > PCS / PMS > PMS Past Papers > PMS Papers 2012

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, August 31, 2012
Zilladar

sparkofighter will become famous soon enough
Default English (Composition) Punjab 2012

Everyone in this egoistic world axe to his own grind. nobody cares anyone and neither they have true love in their hearts nor sincerity.their moral values are on decline. similarly we not only treat people materialistically but also our country in a same way. have we ever thought it collectively?that in a country where once love was preached but now terrorism prevailed every where.but nothing has still gone wrong if we critically evaluate ourself truly we can overcome our weakness.
we should integrate to overwhelm the menace of sectarianism and the difference between the rich and the poor and the superior between the inferior because we are the architects of our future. lets pray that every pakistani started to care about his country because with the existence of pakistan we exists.

here i have tried to translate the Urdu to English please give me remarks regrading this. every one has its own writing style i have no no good english teacher here so help me out here. what i should for improvement.
Old Friday, January 11, 2013
Czar
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,064 Times in 1,854 Posts
Arain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant future
Default English (Composition) Punjab 2012

Last edited by Arain007; Friday, January 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arain007 For This Useful Post:
kaneezfatimasahar (Thursday, February 13, 2014), Mr hashmi (Monday, January 28, 2013), silza (Tuesday, November 18, 2014)
Old Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Zilladar

sparkofighter will become famous soon enough

Everyone in this egoistic world axe to his own grind. nobody cares anyone and neither they have true love in their hearts nor sincerity.their moral values are on decline. similarly we not only treat people materialistically but also our country in a same way. have we ever thought it collectively?that in a country where once love was preached but now terrorism prevailed every where.but nothing has still gone wrong if we critically evaluate ourself truly we can overcome our weakness.
we should integrate to overwhelm the menace of sectarianism and the difference between the rich and the poor and the superior between the inferior because we are the architects of our future. lets pray that every pakistani started to care about his country because with the existence of pakistan we exists.

here i have tried to translate the Urdu to English please give me remarks regrading this. every one has its own writing style i have no no good english teacher here so help me out here. what should i do for improvement.
eyesh (Saturday, December 03, 2016), faizan dgkhan (Sunday, November 02, 2014), Perhar (Thursday, November 06, 2014)
Old Friday, May 16, 2014

isha saeed has a spectacular aura aboutisha saeed has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arain007 View Post
Can someone explain the question no of this this paper?
I'll be thankful to you.
Old Friday, May 16, 2014
Czar
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Arain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by isha saeed View Post
Can someone explain the question no of this this paper?
I'll be thankful to you.
Which question no.?
The Following User Says Thank You to Arain007 For This Useful Post:
isha saeed (Friday, May 16, 2014)
Old Friday, May 16, 2014

Future is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to all

Quote:
Which question no.?
Question No.2 is incomplete.
The Following User Says Thank You to Future For This Useful Post:
isha saeed (Friday, May 16, 2014)
Old Saturday, May 17, 2014
Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future View Post
Question No.2 is incomplete.
Remaining portion of Question No.2:

1. Add Fuel to the fire
  2. At the Helm
  3. To have a bee in one's bonnet
  4. Bad Debt
  5. To call a spade a spade
  6. Confide in
  7. Diehard
  8. Adlib
  9. Iron Out
  10. Goby
The Following User Says Thank You to Arain007 For This Useful Post:
very special 1 (Wednesday, May 21, 2014)
Old Thursday, June 12, 2014

umair01 is on a distinguished road
Smile solution required

Can any body upload the solution of above uploaded paper it will be very helpful.

Regards,
Old Thursday, October 02, 2014

hafiz mubashar is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Solution of phrases

Quote:
Remaining portion of Question No.2:

1. Add Fuel to the fire
  2. At the Helm
  3. To have a bee in one's bonnet
  4. Bad Debt
  5. To call a spade a spade
  6. Die-hard
  7. Ad lib
  8. Iron Out
  9. Go by
Add Fuel to the fire: (to make things even more worse)
Shouting at the crying child added fuel to the fire.
At the Helm: (to be or serve at the top of sth)
He left the company two days ago after serving there at the helm.
To have a bee in one's bonnet: (keep talking about some very important thing)
She never stops talking about dieting - she's got a real bee in her bonnet about it.
Bad Debt: (a debt unlikely to be returned)
Don't lend him 1 lakh rupee, otherwise it will just be a bad debt.
To call a spade a spade: (to tell something truly,even if it's not liked by other)
America wouldn't call a spade a spade that Israel is committing brutality over Palestinians.
Confide in: (sharing matters with the trusted one)
Aslam shook his head, obviously contemplating whether it was wise to confide in Tahira.
Die-hard (conservative;committed;unwilling to leave ideas)
He is a die-hard fellow when it comes the stage of nationalism.
Ad lib: (said without any preparation or practice)
I'd forgotten the notes for my speech so I had to do it ad lib.
Iron Out: (to find solutions)
Kashmir is the jugular vein of Pakistan, so we have to iron it out soon.
Go by (to move past, in space or time)
Hardly a day goes by when I don't think about her.
The Following User Says Thank You to hafiz mubashar For This Useful Post:
Sohail Khan Niazi (Saturday, April 06, 2019)
Old Friday, November 07, 2014
44th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 86

KHANSHAHRUKH is on a distinguished road
Smile To have a bee in one's bonnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafiz mubashar View Post
Add Fuel to the fire: (to make things even more worse)
Shouting at the crying child added fuel to the fire.
At the Helm: (to be or serve at the top of sth)
He left the company two days ago after serving there at the helm.
To have a bee in one's bonnet: (keep talking about some very important thing)
She never stops talking about dieting - she's got a real bee in her bonnet about it.
Bad Debt: (a debt unlikely to be returned)
Don't lend him 1 lakh rupee, otherwise it will just be a bad debt.
To call a spade a spade: (to tell something truly,even if it's not liked by other)
America wouldn't call a spade a spade that Israel is committing brutality over Palestinians.
Confide in: (sharing matters with the trusted one)
Aslam shook his head, obviously contemplating whether it was wise to confide in Tahira.
Die-hard (conservative;committed;unwilling to leave ideas)
He is a die-hard fellow when it comes the stage of nationalism.
Ad lib: (said without any preparation or practice)
I'd forgotten the notes for my speech so I had to do it ad lib.
Iron Out: (to find solutions)
Kashmir is the jugular vein of Pakistan, so we have to iron it out soon.
Go by (to move past, in space or time)
Hardly a day goes by when I don't think about her.
To have a bee in one's bonnet or to have a bee in the head means to be restless and uneasy. To be ful of fancies; to be little crazy