Friday, March 29, 2024
12:34 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > Punjab Public Service Commission > PCS / PMS > PMS Past Papers > PMS Papers 2014

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, November 18, 2014

hafiz mubashar is on a distinguished road
Question How to improve Urdu to English translation?

What are the possible ways to improve Urdu to English translation capability?
Old Tuesday, November 18, 2014

sharmin is on a distinguished road

In composition I proved that boy a disheartened candidate of competitive exam who took courage again and fulfil his dream.
I gave the title of " imaginative perspectives of art"
and i selected the topic for paragraph " Thar drought"

dastaan raqam ki... any specific translation of this ?
Monk (Wednesday, November 19, 2014)
Old Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Monk will become famous soon enoughMonk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafiz mubashar View Post
What are the possible ways to improve Urdu to English translation capability?
Command on both languages. Reading Urdu and English newspaper. Enhancing vocabulary. Practicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmin View Post
In composition I proved that boy a disheartened candidate of competitive exam who took courage again and fulfil his dream.
I gave the title of " imaginative perspectives of art"
and i selected the topic for paragraph " Thar drought"

dastaan raqam ki... any specific translation of this ?
Title seems limited because imagination is one aspect of psychology.

Datan raqam ki ya tareekh rakam ki are similar so translation should be made history or created history etc etc depends upon the context of one's sentence

Last edited by Amna; Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 02:47 AM. Reason: merged/chain posts

sharmin is on a distinguished road

I do not agree with you because that paragraph was having the equal matter about psychology and imagination. well its OK we are not bound to discuss only one thing!

Monk will become famous soon enoughMonk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmin View Post
I do not agree with you because that paragraph was having the equal matter about psychology and imagination. well its OK we are not bound to discuss only one thing!
Well that is strictly my personal point of view but imagination is one bit of psychology and psychology is a complete field.

In other words psychology includes imagination but imagination is too narrow to absorb psychology
The Following User Says Thank You to Monk For This Useful Post:
mhmm (Wednesday, November 19, 2014)
Old Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Durrani Abid is on a distinguished road
Default Translation

Women like Hazrat Khadija RA are very few in the history of Islam who have made the ways to act easier and brighter for women.It is her enviable greatness that she is the first believer; but the greatness that remains unseen is that she found the most blessed personality for her, who is known as Dur-e-Yateem.(pearl).Despite being a wealthy woman of Arabia, she declined the propsals of the richest Arabs and made an everlasting history of faithfulness and sacrifice.While nurturing Prophet's family she completely devoted herself and sacrificed her wealth. Today on the occasion of Women's Day; women's rights,freedom and equality are in great debate. But we are neither bringing such social role of woman to the world nor manifesting any process for its implementation.

Corrections will be highly appreciated.
blue sky (Monday, October 09, 2017), Fatima Saleem (Saturday, December 26, 2015), sib mah (Tuesday, November 25, 2014)
Old Monday, April 01, 2019

SBAO is on a distinguished road

please check my precise.

title: Frued's Contribution to Western Art and Literature

Sigmund Frued's researches motivated the Western art and literature to focus on human psychology. it introduced modern art to different elements of human mind. the artists interact with viewers by portraying human life in their artistry. the canvass helps to blend reality with hidden essence of life. whereas, different signs are used to refer to spiritual and material world.

kindly comment please.