CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   PMS Papers 2016 (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/punjab-public-service-commission/pcs-pms/pms-past-papers/pms-papers-2016/)
-   -   PMS English(Compulsory) Paper 2016 (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/punjab-public-service-commission/pcs-pms/pms-past-papers/pms-papers-2016/119779-pms-english-compulsory-paper-2016-a.html)

Amna Friday, April 13, 2018 10:14 AM

PMS English(Compulsory) Paper 2016

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=5][B]PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3]
[B]COMBINED COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR [/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]RECRUITMENT TO THE [/B][B]POSTS OF [/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]PROVINCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE, ETC. – 2016

[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/FONT][/COLOR] [CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]Subject: English (Compulsory)[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE] [LEFT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][B]Time Allowed: Three Hours
Maximum Marks: 100

[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[B]Q No.1 :[/B] Write a paragraph of 200 words on any ONE of the following topics:- (20 Marks)

a) Growing up in poverty
b). Life is either a daring adventure or nothing
c). The richest person is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

[B]Q No. 2:[/B] Use the following idiomatic expressions in sentences to make their meaning clear:-

a. Dead wood
b. Waiting in the wings
c. Lump in your throat
d. A chip on your shoulder
e. At the drop of a hat
f. Upset the apple-cart
g. Take with a pinch of salt
h. Think of devil
j. Method in madness
k. A square peg in a round hole

[B]Q:No. 3 :[/B] Write a letter to your father on your selection in PMS-2016 (10 Marks)
[CENTER][B]OR[/B][/CENTER]

Write an application to Higher Education Commission for allocation of funds for higher studies abroad.

[B]Q No. 4 :[/B] Write the antonyms of the following words:-
a. Pessimist b. Chaos c . Wise d. Courageous e. Misanthrope

[B][CENTER]OR[/CENTER][/B]

Write the synonyms of the following
a. Ingenious b. Shroud c. Sluggish d. prosperous e. Haughty

[B]Q No.5 :[/B] Change the narration of any five of the following sentences:- (5 Marks)

1. he said," Where do you live?"
2. She said," Why are you so sad?"
3. He said, "What a lovely garden."
4. Mother said to me, "Would that your father were here today."
5. He said to him, "Did you lose your pen here?"
6. I said to her," Consult a lady-Doctor."
7. I said to him, " When do you get up?
8. He said to me, "Are you going to school now?"

[B]Q No.6 :[/B] Change the voice of any five of the following sentences :- (5 Marks)

1.Tom is writing the letter.
2. Everyone understands English.
3. This surprises me.
4. The fire has destroyed the house.
5. The professor told him to not to talk in the class.
6. She would have told you.
7. The employees brought up the issue during the meeting.

[B]Q No.7 :[/B] Paraphrase the following:- (10 Marks)

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Caesar.
O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason.

[B]Q N0.8:[/B] Make a précis of the following passage and suggest a suitable title. ( 25 Marks)

The history of media in Pakistan shows that Pakistani print media came into existence with the mission to promulgate the ideology of Pakistan, which was seen as the best option for the Muslim minority in British India and as a form of self-defense against suppression from the Hindu majority. However, over the last decade, Pakistan's media has developed into harsh terrain which has certainly helped shape Pakistan's view towards domestic and foreign policy for better or for worse. Society and institutions in Pakistan tend to be rule-oriented. Social media has changed the dynamics of the Pakistani society with strong influence. Social media has become a driving force to mobilize people for collective action, social movements and even protests. When there is any injustice or incident that demands public demonstration, social media plays a key role in pushing them forward. Today one can easily engage people from diverse background simultaneously for a common agenda as it ties them up even if they are far across. as elsewhere, social media has become an important factor in Pakistan's domestic politics. Some believe that social media networking technologies, which offer an alternative to Pakistan's corrupt and state-controlled media, have the potential to transform Pakistani politics. In recent years, a growing number of Pakistanis have come to believe in the revolutionary potential of new technologies, particularly in the political context.

[B]Q N0.9:. [/B] Translate the following passage into English ( 10 Marks)[SIZE="4"]

عصرحاضرعلمی ترقی کی انتہاوں کوچھورہا ہے- ترقی یافتہ اقوام کا طرہ امتیاز اعلی تعلیمی معیارہے- اس مقصد کے حصول میں نصاب اور درسی کتب کو بنیادی اہمیت حاصل ہے- جن کو جدید تقاضوں سے ہم آہنگ کرنا حکومت کا تعلیمی میدان کو فوقیت دینا ثابت کرتا ہے- زندگی کے اعلی معیار کے حصول میں علمی ترقی اور اعلی معیار بنیاد کا درجہ رکھتے ہیں - حکومت اس معیار کی فراہمی کے لۓ مقدور بھر کوششیں کر رہی ہے - دعا ہے کہ نسل نو جدید تعلیمی تقاضوں کو مد نظر رکھ کر پاکستان کی تعمیر و ترقی میں بھر پور کردار ادا کرے -[/SIZE]

Asad Ali Afzal Mughal Tuesday, April 07, 2020 12:39 PM

Salam, Can you forward me the most repeted questions of PAK STUDY in PMS and any other notes related material.

Bazil Ali Wednesday, February 23, 2022 04:11 PM

PMS Islamic Studies past Papers

Dear members, If a member having PMS Islamic Studies past papers, Kindly share.

11:39 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.